Do you agree with anonymous posting...

Lil_Princessdoctorwho1011Darkest_SerenityBudwickStarzAboveBozetteAdaMonaLeaCarlaRoosterSynysterGatesMetal_god14
Do you agree with anonymous posting...

Explained by JD...

I've never liked it and I know a few think it's a good thing but just wondering how many think it's pointless as the OP cannot reply...

I am indifferent to it. I have always accepted it as being a feature of the site, and obviously, can easily ignore those posts if I wish.

Piper2 Piper2

No.

I don't see any valid reason for anonymous posting. The person posting can't reply anonymously, visitors never know who they are dealing with. If the topic is so sensitive that the OP requires anonymity, maybe it shouldn't be on the World Wide Web anyway.

Budwick Budwick

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I am indifferent to it. I have always...

There is not really enough posts to ignore the anonymous ones...the annoying thing for me is they are usually good questions, but if you can't discuss the subject with the OP then what is the point...but I understand your reply...

JD JD OP

In response to “There is not really enough posts to ignore...

I agree, why would someone want to ask a question, get good replies and then not be able to discuss with them.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I agree, why would someone want to ask a...

I have seen people put up bait and just sit back while everyone goes on a tear.

I personally won't go anonymous because if the subject matters to me, I do want to participate.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “I have seen people put up bait and just sit...

Same here, if I do a post, I want to be around to monitor it.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

It's been a tad on the slow side here lately, no doubt. When it's an interesting or provocative question, members often discuss it between themselves on the post.
Also, I'm pretty sure Bozette is right about a member being able to reply to the comments on their anonymous post, since I've seen people do it, and all.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “It's been a //tad// on the slow side here...

We know you can reply with your username on your own anonymous post, but the op is still anonymous unless they tell people and then they are not anonymous anymore...so what's the point....

JD JD OP

In response to “We know you can reply with your username on...

The point....people often have a certain prejudice towards other members. Could be because of a past bad interaction, or simply because of opposing political views.
Posting something anonymously, could be an interesting experiment in seeing how people reply when they don't who you are. A member could still join the discussion, without exposing that they are the OP.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “The point....people often have a certain...

But they still can't argue the point with them...if I make a post, I want people to give me their opinion and debate with me, if I was anonymous , how could we do that...I could understand anonymous posting if say a young girl was pregnant and wanted advice and did not want others to know who she is....thanks for your imput...

JD JD OP

I can believe that. Some members are probably more at ease posting questions than others. I'm often hesitant to post.

I don't post anonymously, but understand it for that reason you put out there.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “I can believe that. Some members are...

I've not posted anonymously either, but I get why people might do it.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I've not posted anonymously either, but I...

The complaint that some are immune to consequences for posting filth and antagonistic posts is real. "Anonymous" may be the only way some feel they can get a point across without being personally harassed. I dunno.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “The complaint that some are immune to...

I don't have a problem with antagonistic posts, myself, and I'm sure people have different ideas about what constitutes "filth".
I definitely agree, though, that some here are more immune to consequences than others.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I don't have a problem with antagonistic...

My attitude is either let them all post or none. Seems the criticism that there is some "favoritism" is a fair one. I don't get censored much myself, but have seen some that shouldn't.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “My attitude is either let them all post or...

I do agree, that the criticism of "favoritism" is based on quite legitimate observations.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I do agree, that the criticism of...

Who gets favouritism ...I'm the closest to Serenity and I don't get any favours and I can't see the other two mods being biased

JD JD OP

In response to “Who gets favouritism ...I'm the closest to...

Some can post the most vile content and keep a membership here. I'm not naming names, but some of it is over the top.

MonaLea MonaLea

Yes I Do

I also Love the fact that those of you who complain constantly about anon posting all joined my anon posts not to complain just to participate in the discussions I put forward.

I was testing ya (mischief)

http://www.amirite.com/804243-i...pists-baby-how

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/...

What was the test? To see if people would respond to a controversial topic even if posted anonymously? We still didn't know who was posting. You still couldn't respond anonymously. I don't understand the test result.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “What was the test? To see if people would...

I wanted to know if it was due to the content and intention of the post that many dislike anon posts. Yes this was a very controversial subject because it involved Rape and Abortion but no one was being attacked there wasn't even a veiled meaning and often especially in the past the anon posts were made to attack at times quite Viciously and JD took the brunt of it so I understand his feelings about them totally.

Almost 30 members on an anon post , that's because of the content.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

So now I realize....but you don't mind anons because James likes them...hehe..but you can't debate the post with the OP and that makes it pointless..

JD JD OP

In response to “So now I realize....but you don't mind anons...

lolz no comment ya daft Sod

I do understand that some think that way but It's not pointless to me because I wanted many different Peoples views and discussion to break out between members.

I wish I could of responded anonymously but obviously because that featured was abused in the past it had to be trashed.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

But your replies were anonymous because you are a super mod and not mere mortals like us...so you can do it and we can't....which I'm fine with...

JD JD OP

In response to “But your replies were anonymous because you...

you know what ya gonna get for that don't ya

hahaha (hehe)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “you know what ya gonna get for that don't ya...

You and who's army...

JD JD OP

I complain about anons because I always have thought they were a waste of time...but we still go on posts by anons because there is a lack of good questions....

JD JD OP

I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other.

I suppose anything we write on here will be linked to us for the foreseeable future. If it's something you're worried about because of the nature of the comment/post (i.e. anti-government, etc..) then I would understand. It's too late for me.

Making an antagonistic comment anonymously is just gutless.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “I don't have a strong opinion one way or the...

Your first comment and your last one seem to be opposite to each other...

JD JD OP

In response to “Your first comment and your last one seem to...

What, you didn't understand my elliptical response? (smile)

As a software developer, I was thinking it would be impossible to programmatically differentiate between the anonymous comments I consider acceptable (made anonymous out of paranoia) and those that I don't (made anonymous out of cowardice). Thus we either accept all anonymous comments or none, and since the good and bad sort of cancel each other out, I don't feel strongly one way or another.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

Doesn't really matter one way or the other to me. I know it caused trouble on other sites but seems to be OK here.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Doesn't really matter one way or the other to...

My point is, you can't debate with the op and you don't have a clue who you are talking to and replying...mho

JD JD OP

No, especially when this Samantha girl comes on here. (hehe)(hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “No, especially when this Samantha girl comes...

Poor Samantha...

Bozette Bozette

Come now...she can't wait to see her....hehe

JD JD OP

In response to “Come now...she can't wait to see her....hehe

She's probably a cutie. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

No, I don't like the anon posting. The anon poster can't reply to any of the comments, so I see no point in it. I have never posted anon, although I have been accused of doing so. I will always use my name!

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “No, I don't like the anon posting. The anon...

You've never posted anon
I've seen your stats

I've posted 19 (smile)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “You've never posted anon I've seen your...

haha I know you have. But I've been accused of posting anon, and the stats prove it. I guess it was someone wanting to start trouble by telling lies. lol No big deal.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “haha I know you have. But I've been...

It's like those reviews they started using our names to cause Trouble between members/friends on here , is there no end to their BS (no)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “It's like those reviews they started using...

Losers never give up, do they. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Losers never give up, do they. lol

No they don't.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “No they don't.

I don't go to those review sites, probably just a bunch of people who got booted for not following the rules and they play the victim.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I don't go to those review sites, probably...

I check them occasionally but I never respond , mainly to laugh at the BS they come out with. (smirk2)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “I check them occasionally but I never...

Probably a lot of sour grapes.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I saw it for the first time the other night. I was laughing too! We should be flattered that someone puts that much effort in naming us all. I can't imagine how they deal with their real life.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “I saw it for the first time the other night...

I don't know why they bother
I wouldn't if I was Banned from a site and I was

I've never given XXX a Bad review , barely give them a second thought tbh (think)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

I wish they were all booted. I think some come back when they get bored.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “I wish they were all booted. I think some...

Some it's blatantly obvious who they are but they can't be reprimanded for Bad mouthing members on another site. (think)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “Some it's blatantly obvious who they are but...

I'm not quite following you. Another site? I have a feeling that some of that was authored by some that groups a lot of us women as a bunch of bisexual freaks. They are very vocal about us when they post here because we don't like Trump. They are still alive and well on this site Serenity. They haven't posted in several days, but they exist and have not been banned.

Of course you haven't been here lately so you may not have seen it. It gets old.

MonaLea MonaLea

Well don't do it again....ill boof yer

JD JD OP

In response to “Well don't do it again....ill boof yer

Come on then hot stuff , you're going down! hehehe
"hmmmmm" now what can my 20th anon post be about ........something really Juicy.

(mischief)(hello)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “https://media.giphy.com/media/UttZVMEzceMOQ/gip...

I will report you....yuck, I can't ..managment won't talk to me....

JD JD OP

I have been accused too. Stupid.

MonaLea MonaLea

Like Piper, I am indifferent to it.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Like Piper, I am indifferent to it.

Don't you want to converse with the op if you want to debate the subject...

JD JD OP

In response to “Don't you want to converse with the op if you...

Most of the time, at least, that isn't an issue because they go on the question under their user name anyway.
(biggrin)

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Most of the time, at least, that isn't an...

If that's true, then you don't know who the op is and if you do, then there was no point them being anonymous...

JD JD OP

In response to “If that's true, then you don't know who the...

Often I do know, other times I just don't care.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Often I do know, other times I just don't care.

You can only know if they are your friends, I never have an idea, even when a friend does it...

JD JD OP

In response to “You can only know if they are your friends, I...

Actually, I only know when they aren't friends.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Actually, I only know when they aren't friends.

So your enemies tell you when they are posting anonymous....strange

JD JD OP

In response to “So your enemies tell you when they are...

No, John. It is simply easy to tell with some posters.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “No, John. It is simply easy to tell with...

I must be kinda dumb, I can't tell who anonymous are....

JD JD OP

It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. There are plenty of tasteless posts done under real screen names that are part of the site. I personally skip over whatever I don't want to participate in.

MonaLea MonaLea

It's all in the use of it. If it's a sensitive topic a regular user genuinely wants information about and doesn't feel comfortable openly posting then sure....who cares. But if the intent is to intentionally antagonize behind the face of anonymity...then no.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

I have no problem with it myself but at same time I wonder why are they being anonymous? Ashamed of their post and don't want to face backlash.

Metal_god14

In response to “I have no problem with it myself but at same...

I notice anonymous posts get pulled right down unless they are posted by known members. Why even offer the feature if it's frowned on?

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “I notice anonymous posts get pulled right...

They are only removed if the poster is a sock or troll or the post breaks the rules...most stay up...if they are by known members, then why be anonymous..

JD JD OP

In response to “They are only removed if the poster is a sock...

How do you know for sure JD? I wish this site would give everyone a chance. You know there are people here that are very nasty and can post whatever they want. I know you see it too. Anonymous or with name, I want to judge by content.

MonaLea MonaLea

In response to “How do you know for sure JD? I wish this...

I must be weird, I rarely see anything nasty and no one ever has a go at me ...perhaps on Trump posts, but they are having a go at him not me..I thought everyone was given a chance....I'm in my own world and just glide along....

JD JD OP

I have mixed emotions about it. I don't agree with it when it is used for baiting or attacking someone. To me that is just downright childish. If ya don't like someone either tell em and move on or block em.

Sadly the internet is a rather cruel place. Some want advice but don't want to say who they are for fear of judgement. If someone chooses to go annoymous and the post doesn't hurt anyone, I don't see the problem with it.

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “I have mixed emotions about it. I don't agree...

Not a problem with it, just seems pointless to me....call me old fashioned...lol

JD JD OP

In response to “Not a problem with it, just seems pointless...

I understand where you are coming from and I do see your side of it. The OP can't engage in the conversation but I think if other are communicating amoungest themeselves its all good. Unless it is someone being an **** then I sure don't.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

No. I rarely read anonymous posts.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “No. I rarely read anonymous posts.

Thanks for your comment..

JD JD OP

Only if amirite institutes a system where you need an account to post anon questions, people who've blocked you don't see your anonymous posts, and you can block the person who posted the anonymous post

DWF DWF

In response to “Only if amirite institutes a system where you...

I'm sure you need an account to post anything anonymous or not....how can you block an anonymous poster

JD JD OP

In response to “I'm sure you need an account to post anything...

You can't, but you should be able to. I don't know how if it would be possible to code that though.
Also "A race you despise!?"

DWF DWF

I love anonymous posts (y)

nina4377 nina4377

I reckon i find them less valid as posts with names attached.
But, really...we are all sort of veiled, no?

Carla Carla

In response to “I reckon i find them less valid as posts with...

We are all veiled, but like with you I know who I'm talking to and trust you are who you say...but an anonymous poster could be a 13 year old girl or a 80 year old man, or anything in between....

JD JD OP

NO NO never answer only downvote those cowards

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

Yup, I have no problems with them.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

Man, I don't even get a mention on the review sites..............

AliceD AliceD

In response to “Man, I don't even get a mention on the review...

You have to be a bisexual or liberal woman to get that honor.

MonaLea MonaLea