PartyOfOneSynysterGatesMutt
Would it be a good idea to sequester the house - senate and president until they agree to a budget that will last a year not a week?

Explained by LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred...

I get so very tired of the never ending increase in government spending, also they won't pass a cost saving budget making it happen over and over again. Wonder if the US government will shut down tonight as they refuse to agree on anything. Lock them up like a jury until they get it done :?)

Yes. For what we pay them, I think Congress should be sequestered begining a month out from when ANY legislation is due, untill it is completed. .

JustJimColo JustJimColo

ever notice the only time the budget matters is when the repubs control congress?
the dems are threating to shut the goobermint down, why?
for illegal aliens over American citizens

call for what it is, the distraction schumer shutdown.... why?

“The Most Explosive Scandal in US History”: Ex-Secret Service Agent Warns FISA Memo Leaves Obama With Only Two Options

do Everything to deflect what's really important,

arrest those who attempted to over throw a democratic elected President of the United States

Hillary Clinton Desperately Tries to Distract From Media Firestorm as Imminent Release of FISA Memo Looms

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “ever notice the only time the budget matters...

Hey neand - I don't notice repub or demos, they are all equally at fault in my opinion. - Thanks for getting in the alien part, I was thinking of that but didn't want my post to be too long. You are right, they are more interested in keeping those illegals in country than caring for real citizens in the country.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred OP

So, I guess you want the electoral college arrested? They are the ones who have overthrown a democratically elected president, not once, but twice in this Century alone.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “So, I guess you want the electoral college...

They are the ones who have overthrown a democratically elected president

do explain how they did that

we are a REPUBLIC not a democracy
Learn the difference

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “They are the ones who have overthrown a...

I know the difference, but why should some irrelevant state with a population of 84 poor people have the same influence as the large productive states?

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “I know the difference, but why should some...

why should populated places have their say over those less populated places

Hence the REASON for the Electoral College

I don't live in a city, town or Village

"we'refrom the government an we are here to help you"

Don't need your help
Don't want your help
you are TRESSPASSING
get the **** outta here

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

What state has only 84 people? a city maybe but no state is that small. (confused)

In response to “What state has only 84 people? a city maybe...

Wyoming for one, not many more than that number

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

I don't need to learn the difference I am not all that interested in politics, so unless it is some local question I care about I don't bother to vote.

AH electoral college should be done away with. Technology should be to the point it can count votes . There weren't any computers or even adding machines in the past so today wouldn't you think they could come up with a voting system that counted real votes and nothing else. Maybe that will be on the iPhone soon too(ono)

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Yes. For what we pay them, I think Congress...

Great idea. Or make it a factory job.Get paid by the output you accomplish rather than a nice fat salary.

Why not just try it without a Congress or President for awhile. This system isn't working any longer, time to scrap it and come up with another form of government.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “Why not just try it without a Congress or...

Give us your ideas. You can't scrap something without having a better system to replace it with.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Give us your ideas. You can't scrap something...

The hate and divisiveness in this country has gotten so out of control, I don't believe it can be fixed. They have already scrapped having the people select the leaders, the Supremes have installed 2 presidents this century alone. Not sure what would be better, but the government we have sure isn't working any longer.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “The hate and divisiveness in this country has...

I don't think many would disagree with you on the corruption of the government over the past 80+ years. I just can't think of a better system. I think the best we could hope for is to just clean up the system we have and put things in place to never let it get this bad again.
If I had the answer on HOW to actually do that, I'd be the one cleaning house.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “I don't think many would disagree with you on...

The system actually worked when the two sides actually would work together and both sides would negotiate. The simple majority voting in Congress isn't working at all. When either party is in control, there is nothing but conflict. If, in the Senate it took 60 votes to pass, both sides would have to work together and give and take to pass anything. Then and only then will the American people actually win.
At least that is my opinion, that and a 3 bucks will buy you a Starbucks latte lol

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

Oh My fird, maybe you want to go live in another country for a bit to see how terrible it really is in USA :?)

Ha HA trumppy thought he could, obambacare will be replace with what exactly(what)

Increase in Government spending? Come to Canada and learn from the worlds best Justin Trudeau. Him and his Liberal cabinet spend money that doesn't even exist in the current budget.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Increase in Government spending? Come to...

Our government has spent 20 trillion they didn't have...

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Our government has spent 20 trillion they...

J Jim you are in canada/ I always thought colorado(swt)

In response to “J Jim you are in canada/ I always thought...

No, I AM in Colorado.... I was replying to Syn's post about Canada spending money. Nobody is worse than the US politicians when it comes to spending what you don't have

JustJimColo JustJimColo

I think it is a good idea!!

VooDooYoo VooDooYoo

I'd back the idea ;)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne