Do you pay cash for anything anymore?

TiffaneeOzSurferSofiaAdaazlottoCarlaRoosterSynysterGatesMetal_god14
Do you pay cash for anything anymore?

Not really, I've had the same $20 in my wallet now for weeks. I use paywave/paypass/tapngo etc for small transactions or a credit card for larger ones. Where I'll use cash again will be for things like garage sales or anything requiring cash-in-hand. Actually I have a few $1 coins that I keep in my car for the car wash.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Not really, I've had the same $20 in my...

You have adapted to the new realities. Call me a dinosaur but I need to carry around at least $300 in bills... (hehe)

Bub OP

In response to “You have adapted to the new realities. Call...

It's ok, lots of people won't adapt but you shouldn't have to if you don't feel comfortable with it. The upside of the tap 'n go cards is that you don't constantly have a pocket full of change and also you never have that feeling after you get your change, now did I give the cashier a ten or a twenty? The downside is that if you lose your card, anyone can use it, it's like cash, although the banks here say if you report it they'll refund the loss and apparently they are wearing huge losses because of this. I think it will get better over time but stick with the cash until you're happy with it :)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

Nearly everything.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Nearly everything.

Me, too... if I can help it.

Bub OP

Oh, yes. Everything but my monthly bills.
We are becoming an endangered species ......

Carla Carla

In response to “Oh, yes. Everything but my monthly bills. We...

Carla pays her bills
Over the phone (yes she does)
When on the town? Cash!

Bub OP

In response to “Carla pays her bills Over the phone (yes she...

Are you living in my pocket??

Carla Carla

Don't trust banks

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “Don't trust banks

I live in Canada so I trust our banks implicitly.

Bub OP

In response to “I live in Canada so I trust our banks implicitly.

Well, yeah as long as you don't have more than $250,000 in your account, you're 100% protected. Anything more, you're shit out of luck.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

99% of the time I pay with cash, I pay with card only when I'm too lazy to go pull out from the ATM. Credit cards are common in Bulgaria but only in the high end chain companies, you wont have a good time if your only means is via a plastic card.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Most of the time, I pay with cash.

azlotto azlotto

I also pay with cash most of the time or use my debit card at the grocery store. Only use my credit card for Amazon mostly.

Rooster Rooster

I don't carry much cash, maybe $40.00 max. I use debit and credit cards for almost everything. I love the points I get from using my credit cards as well as my debit card.

I use a prepaid bank card for Amazon purchases, I don't trust any online companies.

I also pay all my bills via online banking, and I use e mail money transfer a lot as well.

I just checked my wallet, I only have two loonie's in there. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

It depends on where I am. If I'm visiting my home town, I usually pay cash. None of the restaurants (only 4 of them in town) take credit cards. Neither does the grocery store. (They take checks but no out of town checks.) The businesses don't want to give 5% of their earnings to the credit card companies.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

I used cash for everything except my monthly bills which I pay online.

Tiffanee

I always pay cash for gasoline. The station I go to has a lower price for cash. (Can't resist a bargain!)

JanHaskell JanHaskell

Nope

DWF DWF

I pay cash in other instances I use debit card or pay online.

Metal_god14

Checks and cash. IF I use a credit card I have to pay attention and follow the directions. It seems foreign to me to use a card.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

Yes,I don't believe in credit cards.

hootowl hootowl

Most of the stuff I buy, actually.

Sofia Sofia

Everything

Jaxxi Jaxxi