<em>Have you ever had a really bad doctor experience?</em>

doctorwho1011TiffaneeWill_JanitorMarianneThinkerbellSunny_the_skepticazlottoCarlaRoosterBubSynysterGatesMetal_god14FlrdsgnsChuck_Tom
Have you ever had a really bad doctor experience?

Not a doctor but a dentist I had bad wisdom tooth he looked at and said oh yes that needs to be pulled but I don't do that I had to drive to another dentist 30 miles away just to have one tooth pulled I wanted to tell first dentist he was idiot.

Metal_god14

There was the time I was trying to get birth control from a Christian clinic and I had to convince them that I wasn't going to use it to control whether or not I gave birth. (I wasn't, I was getting it so I wouldn't want to kill myself whenever I got my period)

DWF DWF

In response to “There was the time I was trying to get birth...

Did they ever give out condoms or the like?Never ask Christians to give you birth control. That comes from family planning.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “Did they ever give out condoms or the...

Believe me, I learned a lesson that day. I didn't even mention that when they finally gave me something it turned out to cost like one hundred dollars

DWF DWF

Birth control at a Christian clinic LOL That's like a pork dish in a Muslim restaurant.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Metal_god14

In response to “Not a doctor but a dentist I had bad wisdom...

I know, I was surprised when I needed a tooth pulled once, my regular dentist sent me to a specialist. Just as well because that Dr. made an impression of my original tooth, pulled the bad one inspected the strength and density of my jaw bone. Because he knew that I was able to get a screw implanted a dental implant made and installed the next week. I think now it is time for me to replace a crown I had done in the 70's. It is still fine but the peg it is on is discoloring the tooth next to it. There goes another $2,600.00.

Some doctors as well as dentists get what physiologists call "The butcher syndrome" which means they stop being careful or caring that much for how comfortable you are because of their prolonged career. A dentist I visited had to drill a small hole for a filling, he didnt care at all and was pretty rough for a hole so small. The filling fell out regardless after a month or so.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

I hadn't been to a doctor in over 30 years, figured most of them didn't know what they were doing, then finally had to get some medicine for my COPD and lo and behold, I was right, most don't seem to know very much.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

No...but ive had bad experiences that have sent me to the doctor.

Well...i reckon when i decided to replace opiods with canabis, exclusively, the medical director of the facility i was going to made my life hell for a time. Long story.

Carla Carla

I've had a few over the years! Good thing I went and got second opinions!

Rooster Rooster

In response to “I've had a few over the years! Good thing I...

A 2nd opinion is always good and even a 3rd if it just seems wrong.

With a dentist, pulled the wrong tooth.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “With a dentist, pulled the wrong tooth.

Holy Crappers!! I hope you have a piece of that dentists **** hanging on your wall! :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “Holy Crappers!! I hope you have a piece of...

It's a long story, that should never have happened.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

OMG you must have been furious. How in the world did that happen??

In response to “OMG you must have been furious. How in the...

I had a toothache, went to my dentist, he referred me to a root canal specialist to either have a root canal or have the tooth extracted. That guy disagreed with me and my dentist as to what tooth it was. I decided not to have a root canal but to have that tooth pulled. I was then sent to an oral surgeon to have the tooth pulled. I explained to him which tooth I thought it was so he called the root canal doctor to make sure.

So after it was confirmed by the other doctor, they didn't believe me, that doctor pulled the wrong tooth. After a few days I was still having a tooth ache, so back to the oral surgeon I went, and the second tooth was pulled. Then it went into a dry socket which was very painful, but after a few days everything calmed down.

I sent a letter of complaint to the Dental Board, but they said there was nothing they could do about it. I don't blame the oral surgeon, I blame the root canal guy.

If I and my dentist had been listened to, none of that would have happened.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I had a toothache, went to my dentist, he...

Starz that is a horrible thing, I hope you got some implants to fill the 2 tooth gap. Wish you could have sued the jerk too. I would have.

In response to “Starz that is a horrible thing, I hope you...

I thought about suing, but I knew I couldn't win. Doctors/dentists stick together.

No implants, I talked to another dentist as to what could be done, and he said not much because there wasn't anything they hook a bridge onto. so I just chew on the other side of my mouth.

It was a very painful and stressful situation. But I'm OK now, haven't had a cavity in years.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I thought about suing, but I knew I couldn't...

OH starz I feel so bad for you, never too late to get implants, I had one, then one of my back teeth had to be pulled and I left it without a tooth, since I eat mostly crunch y foods, popcorn mostly, that bare gum is always beaten up. I may well get a tooth put in there someday.

In response to “OH starz I feel so bad for you, never too...

Thanks, but that happened about 5 years ago and I'm doing fine.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

The whole scenario sounds like a big mess...
Honestly all of that crap you went trough could have been avoided if just 1 good dentist took care of you, no need of "specialists" to take care of 1 tooth. Before taking any action a dentist must by ALL means make sure they figure out what's wrong and why. He can question you, examine you and take an X ray to see what exactly is wrong. If a tooth is removed it must be replaced somehow, especially if it's a tooth between other 2 because the jaw goes trough compensatory mechanisms to eliminate the gap which can cause blockage or reduction of the periodontium of another tooth (which makes it unstable in resisting the masticatory pressure. Your case sounds like 1 incompetent pseudo dentist and 2 confused ones.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “The whole scenario sounds like a big...

I blame my dentist for agreeing with the root canal guy instead of me. Plus, during that entire month I had a toothache.

The root canal guy was what caused all of that mess.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I blame my dentist for agreeing with the root...

They won't take your side because a doctor is supposed to be more competent than the patient. I'd probably go to another one just to hear what they think.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

The next time I have a prostate exam, I'm going to make sure the doctor doesn't have baseball glove sized hands.

azlotto azlotto

In response to “The next time I have a prostate exam, I'm...

Ha! That is a good idea.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “Ha! That is a good idea.

Indeed...Small hands should be mandatory for Proctologist.

A proctologist is about to write something on his patient's notes, but when he goes to take his pen out of his pocket, he realizes it's actually his thermometer that's there.

He says, "Darn, some azzhole has my pen."

azlotto azlotto

In response to “Indeed...Small hands should be mandatory for...

Glad I am a girl so I never get that type of intrusion into my body..

In response to “Glad I am a girl so I never get that type of...

I dunno... I would gladly trade a gloved finger in my ** in place of a speculum in my **.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “I dunno... I would gladly trade a gloved...

Not me nothing is going near the hole in my butt. The other hole is supposed to open now and then, I warn my examiners that I will not allow any rough treatment of any part of my nether regions.

In response to “Not me nothing is going near the hole in my...

But at some point, most people of both genders need a colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “But at some point, most people of both...

They can say to get these tests but I say no. Took other kind of tests and I eat exceptionally healthy so I feel fine about it.

I thought it's worse for women since gynecologists do both vaginal and rectal examinations.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Maybe you can find a female doctor to do your prostate exams.

You might start looking forward to them. (hello)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Maybe you can find a female doctor to do your...

LMAO! I'm sure I'd get some excitement.

azlotto azlotto

plus women are more gentle and understand things do hurt. Men dr's treat people like a bit of machinery rather than flesh and blood.

In response to “plus women are more gentle and understand...

I've heard the opposite argument as well. Female gynecologists are more rough because they have a **** and know what it can withstand and endure while the male ones can't comprehend it so they're extra careful with their patients.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “I've heard the opposite argument as well...

Not in my experience. Women have more care as they know how it hurts, men don't care cause they think women are less than human.

In response to “Not in my experience. Women have more care...

You have a very hateful and demonizing view of men.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

They gotta find a better way of examining the prostate than putting a finger up our asses. Or at least go to a female doc, women tend to have smaller hands.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

A few years ago I began to be in tremendous, incapacitating pain. Every movement I made was followed and hour or so later by a pain similar to a broken bone, in whatever joint/muscle I used. I noticed that when I stopped taking this one medicine I had been talking for months, the problem would clear up.

So I went to my doctor's office and the nurse practitioner saw me. I explained the issue and she smiled and said that it was just a flew. This NP was a middle-aged mother, and I believe she was like, "men don't know real pain". I vividly remember being bedridden and thinking that if this was to continue, I would be much better off dead. I was pissed off, but I took her advice and of course, in a few days the terrible pain returned. So I immediately stopped taking the meds (again) and called the doctor's office back. This time I spoke with my PCP and told him there's no way in hell I'm going to start taking that medicine again.

Funny thing is, years later I returned to using those meds and I have never experienced the problem again. I have no idea what caused the severe reaction.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

Not really a bad experience beyond getting obvious bad advice, in which case I ignored it and went to another doctor.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

When I sat down at the doctors and he just said " I think you have cancer, you are about the right age I'll refer you to the hospital " it was so matter of fact and his attitude stank....

JD JD

In response to “When I sat down at the doctors and he just...

For one I'll say that this doctor is an idiot who doesn't know how to talk to patients. Doctor's psychology 101 NEVER directly tell patients that they have a terminal illness (ESPECIALLY if they're not sure) because a patient's morale and cooperation is VITAL in recovery and good treatment.
They should have a " you're an idiot " slap for doctors who do stupid mistakes.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

The VA Nurse Practitioner did a general exam for the usual things, one of which was for inguinal hernia. While the examining finger would be in the canal next to the internal inguinal ring, I would cough as she would then feel for a hernia. The NP did none of that - instead she cradled the testes and bounced them up and down against her palm for several seconds. I stood there incredulous then drew back, finally asking her what the hell she was doing as I knew how the exam should go. She didn't excuse her actions, apologize, explain, nothing! I was tempted to let her superior know since months back she suggested unnecessary meds for "high cholesterol" which actually wasn't high in the least... I refused the script and told her I'd take care of it another way. In the end, her position was filled by someone else; I can only assume there were other complaints that got through to her superior - hmm.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

Is there a such thing as a good one?

DW2 DW2