• Topics:IntellectualCapitalism
  • Featured on the home page on Mar 20th 2018
  • Post Of The Day on Feb 8th 2018

ErasmusB_FurmanSmallVicZincDWFTrishastral_queenAnonwhale

Sunny_the_skepticBubTiffaneeJustJimColoBozetteozzyboyPartyOfOneWalt_OReagunJaxxilackydaisySociallyAwkwarkthat_guyhootowl

VicZincDarkest_SerenityTiffaneeCarlaZonkeyBallsBubSynysterGatesMetal_god14
Poverty is the mother of all crime. Eliminate poverty and you will reduce crime. If we could remove the concept of private ownership then all crime would vanish.

The people who always want everything to be divided up evenly, are those who don't have anything and have never earned anything by their own efforts. If everything was "divided", these people would be no more productive than they have been in the past.
Hint: If you want more than you have, work for it and make the right decisions in life.
Poverty is not the mother of all crime, laziness, corruption and of lack of holding criminals accountable for their actions is.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

What about greed, wrath, jealousy?

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “What about greed, wrath, jealousy?

My experience is that wrath is the manifestation of frustration over greed or jealousy. If there was no private ownership, there would be nothing to covet. I know that given the human condition private ownership and therefore greed and jealousy will always be with us. Much of it is driven by lack of resources.

ErasmusB_FurmanSmall ErasmusB_FurmanSmall OP

In response to “My experience is that wrath is the...

So basically you're suggesting communism? See that thing with the no ownership doesn't work because all of things must be owned by something, if it's the government then someone is in charge of it, that or a group and they are the owners. You cant give everyone everything therefore you suggest no one has nothing, it's all down on human corruption in the end. There will always be those who are jealous, or those who want greatness be it wealth or reputation.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “So basically you're suggesting communism? See...

I am not suggesting anything of the sort.
I am merely observing the causal relationship between poverty and crime. I simply pointed out that crime is dependant on property ownership. Humans likely will never exist absent property ownership, as that concept seems inexorably tied to our survival instinct.

In response to “I am not suggesting anything of the sort. I...

You're way overthinking this pal. Look there has been and sadly/unfortunately ALWAYS will be evil minded people in this world no matter if they're rich or poor.... therefore there is no amount of laws we can enact or any form of Government that can change the MINDset of F'd in the head individuals. Do you really think that anyone could have reasoned with Hitler, Mao, Stalin etc., or for that matter Jim Jones and Charles Manson....NO because they were all deranged lunatics and there always will be nuts like them.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “You're way overthinking this pal. Look there...

The first three claimed that wanted to end the disparity between the rich and poor, essentially end poverty.

In response to “The first three claimed that wanted to end...

And, how did that work out?

Budwick Budwick

In response to “And, how did that work out?

Terrible. It just goes to show you, if there was no disparity between rich and poor then the likes of Stalin and Mao could never come to power.

In response to “Terrible. It just goes to show you, if there...

No, it proves that communism, doesn't work.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “No, it proves that communism, doesn't work.

Of course it doesn't work. That's not in question. The motivation for the crimes committed by those revolutionaries was to end poverty. Poverty is the mother of all crime.

I agree partially, what little you have might tempt you to do things in order to have more. But how do you explain the ones that commit crime for the thrill? Like serial killers or corrupted government members and such. What about all the crimes that have nothing to do with ownership?

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

There is no "causal relationship between poverty and crime." Poverty is created by legislators robbing people of their private property, and crime is anything the legislature says it is.

that_guy that_guy

Ahh, well that explains how socialists / communists managed to keep the mass murders under a billion people.

Between 1917 and 1987, Vladimir Lenin, Josef Stalin and their successors murdered and were otherwise responsible for the deaths of 62 million of their own people. Between 1949 and 1987, China’s communists, led by Mao Zedong and his successors, murdered and were otherwise responsible for the deaths of 76 million Chinese.

You might want to check your experience Erasmus. Start by taking a history class.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Ahh, well that explains how socialists /...

All in the name of ending poverty. It didn't work.

In response to “All in the name of ending poverty. It didn't work.

All I can do is wonder if you were trying to say something there.

Budwick Budwick

Nonsense. Even in Heaven schemers will prosper.

Bub Bub

Human nature.
More, more, more....

Carla Carla

How can we possibly reduce poverty when our government is the richest 1% of the population and they won't do anything to jeopardize their wealth by passing bills that really help the unfortunate people who are poor and starving despite what they like us thinking they really care.

Metal_god14

JustJimColo JustJimColo

I disagree. The rich are going to jail right and left, not because of poverty, but because of greed.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

first things first
what causes Poverty?
GOVERMENT
here is a Poverty map of Africa

in related news:
Swedish Politician Who Fought for Equality and Open Borders Is Beheaded in Congo
her name was zaida-catalan

whoever Indocrinated Zaida into thinking the World is about
Equality and Open Borders

they are Responsible for her deathe

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

There are many poor people who have never committed a criminal act. How can you equate one with the other? That is the delusional left.
You work your way out of poverty and try to keep the government from taking what you have earned is the way out.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

In theory this is true, but for it to actually work the entire population would have to be able to come home from work to their homes, then sit on the couch and have someone just walk in and start taking stuff unchallenged and I think very few even on the far left would allow that.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “In theory this is true, but for it to...

The left would do what they always do, say, don't take my stuff, take the guy down the street's stuff.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

In response to “The left would do what they always do, say...

I really don't think anyone would work hard for their lifestyle then allow it to be taken away. I'd volunteer some time to help others but I'd want to know I had my things to come home to.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

So basically what you're stating is that if private ownership is eliminated, where the GOVERNMENT is in complete control and in charge of a country's economy where we're all "equal", therefore there would be no more poverty..thus crime being eliminated because we're all equal under a GOVERNMENT that controls us all??? Pal that is flat out a COMMUNISM mindset...that has never worked out in the best interest for the citizens of those Communist countries, in fact millions of those people living in Communist country were murdered by they're leaders pal!!!!!

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “So basically what you're stating is that if...

I did not say that, you did. I said if the concept of private ownership was removed there would be no crime. If you did not own anything, including your life the the removal of anything, including your life, would not be a crime. It would be an meaningless act, like ants in a farms.

And I did not say it would be a good thing, only that it would be a thing.

In response to “I did not say that, you did. I said if the...

I clearly stated "so basically"....meaning that I INTERPRETED your post to mean something different to ME than your intent.

In MY OPINION any country that's a Democracy( btw,the USA is NOT a Democracy, we're a Republic) who's citizens allow their Government via the POPULAR VOTE in those countries to rule over them, NEVER ends well for the citizens of those countries!!
I mean come on, just look at Cuba, Venezuela and Iran for example......all once prosperous FREE countries, but because of the ILL INFORMED citizens in those countries, they were IGNORANTLY mesmerized by a charismatic POLITICIAN that literally FUNDAMENTALLY transformed their once great countries into freakin' hell holes for the working class in those countries...., yet they're tyrannical politicians ALWAYS pull out the RED CARPET for the ding bat liberal USA celebrities and Democrats, to prove how great socialism is in their shit hole of a country under Socialism....and you politically dumb as a stump liberals FALL for their propaganda every freakin' time, smh

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “I clearly stated "so...

Excuse me madam, why so hostile?

In response to “Excuse me madam, why so hostile?

Oh please give me a break, you know damn well that I was not being hostile at all.....I was simply telling you the truth.
Eh but because you politically ill informed, clueless rainbow and unicorn liberals not liking hearing/reading about reality, the TRUTH/FACTS, you all instead resort to stupid comments like "why so hostile?" etc. smh.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Oh please give me a break, you know damn well...

Do you kiss your children with that mouth?

In response to “Do you kiss your children with that mouth?

I actually do kiss my children with my mouth, and even kissed them on their lips when they were little...eh but that's just ANOTHER thing that "offends" those of you on the "tolerant/progressive" left in our great country.

Gronk17 Gronk17

Not ALL crime, but quite a few would crimes decrease in frequency.

Skr3wBall Skr3wBall

Private ownership sets boundaries which isn't, most often, a bad thing. What you propose, in that way, is akin to neighbors randomly roosting on my lawn as and when they'd see fit because there is no guarantee of onwership, therefore no protectionthat my lawn would be mine any longer but theirs as well. No offense intended, but your proposition would be as bad an idea in the large scope of things as what we have now.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

In response to “Private ownership sets boundaries which...

Can you imagine if government ownership of everything happened? No more private family farms, no more private companies, no more choice of where to go to schools, no more choice of anything. I wonder what the one, government produced car would be like. Then again.... we could say goodbye to Hollywood, bands, and music as we know it, and forget about any choice of News stations.
Jobs would be interesting. You would be assigned a government job, for life.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Can you imagine if government ownership of...

I can imagine it and it is horrifying.

I do not propose anything, I merely observe. I agree private ownership is a good thing. It is however a necessary condition for crime to exist.

In response to “I do not propose anything, I merely observe...

Not at all. Look at Russia during the cold war. Look at any communist country where the government has owned/controlled everything. Crime was overwhelming. Some of the most vicious organized crime in the world happens in socialist countries.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Not at all. Look at Russia during the cold...

That's not to say that government ownership is the answer. It's that crime depends on property. No property - no crime.

In response to “That's not to say that government ownership...

So you are saying that the solution to no crime is that I don't own a car, a bicycle, a TV, a home, a cell phone, a coat or money?
As long as a person possesses something someone else wants, and there is nothing to stop a person from taking it, (consequences) there will be crime.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “So you are saying that the solution to no...

I didn't say solution. Solution implies there is a problem. You are right I think, that as long as there is possession there will be covetousness.

There is no such thing as no property. Everything of value in the civilized world is owned by someone, be it individuals corporations or governments.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “There is no such thing as no property...

I agree, and that is the source of crime.

Nope.
There are billions of people living in poverty who do NOT commit crime.
There are also people who are extremely wealthy, who commit crime.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

In response to “Nope. There are billions of people living...

I did not say poverty requires crime, I said grime requires poverty, more specifically private ownership. Without ownership there is no such a thing as crime.

In response to “I did not say poverty requires crime, I said...

And I proved that crime does NOT require poverty.

But to your theory: If there is no property, there is no "property crime" but there is still crime.
Examples: Rape, Murder, Assault. Crimes which are often not about property at all.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

In response to “And I proved that crime does NOT require...

Do you not own your body? If you did not then rape, murder and assault would not be crimes.

I think the fundamental disagreement here is that many people think crime can or should go away, I don't think it can. I think it is inevitable and is inexorably tied to the concept of ownership which will never go away.

In response to “Do you not own your body? If you did not...

I guess you could make that argument about those crimes. But they are not usually referred to as "property crimes".

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

the fact that over 70 disagree is exactly why this is still a problem.

Trish Trish

In response to “the fact that over 70 disagree is exactly why...

Are you suggesting that those over 70 give away all they have worked an entire life to obtain, to those who don't work, and have never earned anything? There would soon come a time that nobody has anything left to give to those too lazy to work. What happens then?

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Are you suggesting that those over 70 give...

I am sure she is not. She is probably suggesting that the 70% should understand the relationship between crime and poverty and make conscious choices based on that fact.

It is not a judgement on property it is a recognition of a causal relationship and an offer to use that knowledge to understand human behavior.

In response to “I am sure she is not. She is probably...

Exactly. Thank you

Trish Trish

Heroin is the mother of all crime. Eliminate opiates and watch the crime vanish.

Jaxxi Jaxxi

In response to “Heroin is the mother of all crime. Eliminate...

Or just give as much of it to those who want it, for free. They will immediately stop committing crimes, fall into a stupor and fade away.

In response to “Or just give as much of it to those who want...

"free" is never free. Those of us who work will have to pay for those who don't work buy demand our dollars be used to get them high.
Isn't this exactly what Kenney in Philadelphia is doing? Heroin dens but when they od, they will be brought back again and again at the expense of the taxpayers. Even the dens will be on people who have to pay for this lifestyle of choice.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

In response to “"free" is never free. Those of us who...

I don't disagree that free is a misnomer, but I stand by the assertion that if we let them all have free access to the drugs (no cost to them as users) they would not commit crimes.

In response to “I don't disagree that free is a misnomer, but...

Ok, we will agree to disagree. What do you think will happen if they are ever cut off from their freebies?

ozzyboy ozzyboy

In response to “Ok, we will agree to disagree. What do you...

Crimes will occur again.

Giving free access to drugs will only increase crime. An addict needs more than drugs to live on. He needs food, he needs shelter, he wants clothes, he wants a cell phone. The list goes on. If he is an addicts, more than likely he doesn't have a job. Unless you are proposing we not only give away for free, but also support the lifestyles of drug addicts, they will continue to commit crimes to get what they want or need.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Giving free access to drugs will only...

I am not proposing anything. I am pointing out a correlation. As you just did. If they cannot afford those things they will commit crimes to get them.

Ain't that called communism? Has crime reduced in any country that employs that construst?

lackydaisy

In response to “Ain't that called communism? Has crime...

Is what called communism? Don't think I am suggesting it would be possible to eliminate property rights, I am only saying that will will have crime as long as we have property. No way to get around it.

I have some free advice for you Erasmus. Never breed.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I have some free advice for you Erasmus...

Do you fear too many people who think different than you is dangerous?

In response to “Do you fear too many people who think...

Not at all. Simple concern for you when your toddler is old enough to talk, his / her innocent logic will frustrate you to an early grave.

Budwick Budwick

You are talking about communism. Private property is the basis of all justice. If people can't own something they have no reason to support the regime and the regime collapses.

that_guy that_guy