<b>This is outrageous!</b>  <em>At least</em> $21 TRILLION is unaccounted for in just two federal agencies (DoD and HUD)  between the years of 1998 and 2015.  (more below, links in comment section)

BozetteSynysterGatesJerryHendricksonbeachbumTiffaneeRoosterPiper2SociallyAwkwark

Nobody :)

Piper2JerryHendricksonWill_JanitorRoosterSynysterGatesDar
This is outrageous! At least $21 TRILLION is unaccounted for in just two federal agencies (DoD and HUD) between the years of 1998 and 2015. (more below, links in comment section)

Explained by Bozette...

Dr. Mark Skidmore, of Michgan State University, and Catherine Austin Fitts, a former Assistant Secretary of Housing and Federal Housing Commissioner at the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development in the first Bush Administration delved into the incomplete but publicly-available, online records of the two departments for 1998-2015, and found that at least $21 TRILLION was unaccounted for. That doesn’t include the past two and a quarter years. Interestingly, after making phone calls trying to get some answers, all the online links to the documents were disabled and remain so today. They downloaded the documents, though, so for anyone interested, I will post the link below.

WOW ... That is outrageous. You can't blame that one on Trump can they?
Looks like Bush and Clinton are in big trouble. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Bush and Obama.

Per federal law, all federal agencies have been required to do an annual audit since 1996, yet the Pentagon has never been audited...President Clinton is indeed included. They are making their first attempt and have already come up with $800 million unaccounted for in just one agency under the DoD's umbrella.

Bozette Bozette OP

Just let me know when it's people are ready for the Revolution.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “Just let me know when it's people are ready...

I'm ready, Jerry. This information came out in December, yet I just googled it 3 different ways and Forbes was the only MSM outlet I could find that covered it. SMH

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “I'm ready, Jerry. This information came out...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that we'd lose. It's a dream: Taking the country away from the powerful thieves and giving it back to the people.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “Yeah, I'm pretty sure that we'd lose. It's a...

It could easily be done...sadly, it won't be, imho.

Bozette Bozette OP

The more I hear things like this, the more I am disgusted with the way our government is run - irrespective of which party is in power.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “The more I hear things like this, the more I...

Preaching to the choir, Linn...

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “Preaching to the choir, Linn...

I know, I know.

Linnster Linnster

the National debt is what... about 21 Trillion
things that make you go
hmmmmm

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “the National debt is what... about 21...

That was my first thought, too, CF. But that doesn't include any irregularities prior to 1998, only accounts for what they could find posted online for 1998-2015...and they've also had over 2-1/3 more fiscal years that aren't included in that tally.

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “That was my first thought, too, CF. But that...

I've read alittle about the HUD money

as President Trump said
a Big Big Mess

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “I've read alittle about the HUD money as...

I suspect that HUD is the least of it. The amount the Pentagon admitted to was $2.3 T in 2001, then I saw a few years back that it was up over $8 T...and you know the DoD has a great deal that is not for public viewing and was not posted online. I suspect they'll come up with an excuse why they cannot complete the 2017 audit.

That swamp is mighty deep, CF...

Bozette Bozette OP

How outrageous is it, really? How has this affected your life in any meaningful way?

Go fishing...

Bub Bub

In response to “How outrageous is it, //really//? How has...

Given that this is just the amount discovered unaccounted for in but two of the many agencies of my government, and that only included publicly available information (which I am reasonably certain is but a portion of actual ledgers, particularly when it comes to the military), and that those unaccounted for amounts represent ~$65,000 for every man, woman, and child in our country...I think it is safe to assume that those monies could be put to better use, either in the taxpayer's pockets or by better serving the citizens of my country.

I have no doubt that such sloppy "accounting" is pervasive throughout our government agencies. Has that affected me personally? Yes, I believe it has, Bub. Social Security, a government-run program that taxpayers are mandated to participate in for retirement and disability benefits has cost me a great deal of out-of-pocket money during the eight years I and my folks supported my disabled brother while they dicked his claim around before finally approving him for something he was, indeed, entitled to all along. They tried their damndest to screw me out of the two lousy months of payments due my husband from before his death, and would have easily done so had I not had the prior experience of handling my brother's case.

Bozette Bozette OP

Seems to me, we should be looking at the bookkeepers and accountants - not the politicians.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

In response to “Seems to me, we should be looking at the...

Because the bookerpers and accountants are driving this...right? Uh-huh.

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “Because the bookerpers and accountants are...

Because they are the ones handling the money, yes.
You don't really think the politicians do anything other than set the budget, do you? They aren't the ones writing or signing the checks, or making sure the accounts balance. Nor are they the ones auditing the books.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

In response to “Because they are the ones handling the money...

In the first place, I didn't assign blame on the politicians for the irregularities, only clarified above under which administrations the DoD has not, as required, been audited.

Secondly, government accountants and bookeepers don't make the decisions. Nor, obviously, in the case of the DoD, have they been either making sure the accounts actually balance or auditing the books. They've been inserting "plugs" to fill the gaps, as ordered.

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “In the first place, I didn't assign blame on...

What evidence do you have of these "orders"?
If such "orders" exist, those people ... as well as the accountants who followed them ... should be held responsible.

"Inserting plugs to fill the gaps" is against Accounting Principles ... and their certifications should be revoked.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

What, you thought there should be something honest about that whole government thing? Shortly after the revolution, congress enacted a tax exactly like the one that sparked the rebellion. Of course the people refused to pay it and G. W. personally led the army to collect the money at gunpoint. It is called "whiskey rebellion".

Things never really got any better.

that_guy that_guy