Man accuses California #MeToo leader of sexual misconduct

It was Just harmless flirting.

Nobody :(

Did he ask for it?

Nobody :(

What was he wearing?

Nobody :(

Have her apologize and let's move on.

Nobody :(

#Me too hypocrite

Nobody :(

HA!!!

Piper2BudwickRoosterThedudeyouhatetomeetSynysterGatesHashstag

What was the context?

PartyOfOne

Other

Skr3wBallPhilboydStudgeTiffaneeTomboyJanet

PhilboydStudgeTiffaneeRoosterSynysterGatesMetal_god14

Explained by Hashstag...

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California Democratic Assemblywoman Cristina Garcia, the head of the Legislative Women's Caucus and a leading figure in the state's anti-sexual harassment movement, is accused of groping a male staffer from another lawmaker's office. Daniel Fierro told The Associated Press on Thursday that Garcia stroked his back, squeezed his buttocks and attempted to touch his crotch in a dugout after a legislative softball game in 2014. Garcia comment: "I have zero recollection of engaging in inappropriate behavior and such behavior is inconsistent with my values." https://www.yahoo.com/news/male-staffer-accuses-california-assemblywoman-misconduct-003752466.html

I don't know much about this woman and even less about this allegation but are we not becoming over sensitive? Real sexual harassment needs to be punished but some are taking it way too far. I had a guy recently tell me that a handshake can be sexual harassment. Give me a break!

Tiffanee Tiffanee

I hope she receives the appropriate punishment. Men can be victims of sexual assault too, both by other men and by women. The fact that she is a hypocrite makes her actions even more egregious. That said, it doesn't mean that the entire #MeToo movement is BS. It does mean that we need to recognise the hypocrites for who they are, though.

Thibault Thibault

In response to “I hope she receives the appropriate...

I don't thinks it's BS either. A little picky about who gets tarred and feathered and therefore hypocritical, but not BS.

Budwick Budwick

LOL. Charge her with sexual misconduct.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In Ms. Garcia's defense, how much .... action do you think she gets?
Pathetically plain people have needs too ya know!

Budwick Budwick

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “I don't know much about this woman and even...

It's stupid. You can't even look at people anymore.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “It's stupid. You can't even look at people...

Well you can't look at "some" people anymore. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

Things are indeed getting ridiculous, like some women having consensual **** with someone then regretting it, withdrawing consent and declaring it rape.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Things are indeed getting ridiculous, like...

Well that is nothing new but if a woman says no halfway during ** and the guy/girl doesn't stop it can become (and usually is rape) but declaring rape after what was consensual is wrong but there are gray areas there too like when people are drunk and can't remember much the next day. Many a drunken ** romp has turned into rape the next day.

Bottom line is take some responsibility for what you are doing.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Well that is nothing new but if a woman says...

Not talking about any of those, clean consensual with no hiccups but regret later. You cant take responsibility for that, you cant expect what a person will do. Not unless they make standard consensual intercourse contracts, seems like the only sure way to avoid a rape accusation.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

If the allegation(s) are found to be credible, I imagine will she face the same repercussions as many of the accused men have.

Piper2 Piper2

It's nice that the person who started this witch hunt is getting a taste of their own medicine, but since she's a woman, she's probably just gonna get a slap on the wrist. That is, if she even gets punished at all.

Women tend to have the attitude that they can grope and inappropriately touch men whenever they want, and they often get away with it. Meanwhile, if an innocent man is even accused of sexual misconduct by someone who just wants to ruin his life, he's dragged through the mud, and even if he's found to be innocent, he still gets dragged through the mud and nothing happens to the one who made the false accusation.

Thedudeyouhatetomeet Thedudeyouhatetomeet

In response to “It's nice that the person who started this...

Cristina Garcia sure did not start the me too so-called "witch hunt".

The very real possibility of false sexual misconduct accusations against both men and women, is a grave concern for most reasonable people.

Piper2 Piper2

She didn't start it, but she sure beats the tom toms often, loud, and clear..

Hashstag Hashstag OP

Sexual harassment is never okay if she did do it then she should be expecting to be punished accordingly by law.

Metal_god14

Not the most convincing statement of denial I've heard.. What's good for the gander's also good for the goose.. or something liked that.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

First off, everyone who voted pink is actually disgusting me, except Piper currently. If I am to believe the accuser, and I do believe both men who have accused her thus far, she should be punished for it. She should also speak on her actions and make it clear she is regretful and aims to change the future of sexual misconduct in this nation as she has been doing.

Skr3wBall Skr3wBall

Clearly just a smear tactic moving on

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet