Another Unnecessary Fatal Shooting by Police Officers, or Justified?

VicZincTiffaneeStarzAboveCarlaRoosterBubSynysterGatesMetal_god14HimChuck_Tom

Explained by Piper2...

The details of how and why Michael Dial ended up dead, are in the links provided..

I have to wonder (1) how did they know he wasn't armed if he didn't stop and (2) how did they know he was driving without a license?

Linnster Linnster

That's outrageous, they could have stopped him without killing him. Something needs to be done about that Sheriff.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “That's outrageous, they could have stopped...

I doubt if that will happen, but I do find Sheriff Oddie Shoupe's priorities in ordering his deputies to go ahead and kill a person suspected of minor infractions, pretty troubling.

Piper2 Piper2 OP

In response to “I doubt if that will happen, but I do find...

Very troubling, wonder how many more he ordered killed.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I dont know how truthful his account is. I don't know if the suspect was trying to or going to harm someone. I do know that during the recording the Sheriff said "it was that old boy I whooped, he was giving us trouble down at the station". And he said " i thrive on the shit".
Regardless, the sheriff is still in his position and it is more than obvious that he has no basic human decency.

Carla Carla

In response to “I dont know how truthful his account is. I...

Yeah, that ole boy he had "whooped" and had in the jail once.

Piper2 Piper2 OP

Linnster Linnster

In response to “I have to wonder (1) how did they know he...

They wouldn't have known if he was armed, or not, since they shot him for not pulling over when pursued, and he didn't shoot at them or anything.
I suppose that the license plate on his truck was just not the one registered to that particular vehicle, but the details about that are sketchy.

Piper2 Piper2 OP

In response to “They wouldn't have known if he was armed, or...

Both good reasons not to have shot him.

Linnster Linnster

I just watched a video of two women being stripped searched by 2 male cops in a shopping mall and in front of many onlookers. How this is even legal is sickening to me. If this is the future of the country then this country is doomed. Google it, I tried to upload the video to here but I couldn't get it to work.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “I just watched a video of two women being...

There have quite a few instances of that I've seen and read about, but none in a shopping mall. I can't find it, but the ones I've seen were sickening to me, as well.

Piper2 Piper2 OP

Who's carrying the news piece? I'll visit the site and try posting it.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

In response to “Who's carrying the news piece? I'll visit the...

I saw it on a Facebook post but couldn't find it anywhere else but seeing two girls stripped down to their underwear while groped by 2 male cops while a crowd of people watched was very disturbing

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “I saw it on a Facebook post but couldn't find...

Ah, I don't use the usual social sites :

Usually the police call in asking for female officers when one's not on site. I'm not at all sure why they'd handle things the way they did.

Thanks for trying to get it posted... wish I could've helped.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

Another "justified" shooting because someone was wearing a badge and gun and police uniform where does it stop cops are not supposed to be above the law,but I see more and more they choose to ignore this,serve and protect?More like Harrass and ignore.How much longer will it continue before something is done?

Metal_god14

It says he was driving towards oncoming traffic with no intention to stop...say he ran into a family members car and killed them, there would have been an outcry and the police would have been blamed for not stopping him...the guy was a criminal and no one can say other lives were not at risk.....all he had to do was stop....

JD JD

In response to “It says he was driving towards oncoming...

Yes. Although, that wasn't shown in the video of the chase, the pursuit could certainly have endangered other lives.

Before his foolish decision to not stop for the police, his "crimes" were minor...

Piper2 Piper2 OP

In response to “Yes. Although, that wasn't shown in the...

It did say he drove at oncoming traffic and that is what I based my reply on...they were minor and he should of stopped....but I understand other people replies..

JD JD

Two Ohio Police Officers Killed Responding to 911 Hangup Call

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Two Ohio Police Officers Killed Responding to...

That is terrible, and very sad.

Piper2 Piper2 OP

Not enough information for me to know what happened.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “Not enough information for me to know what...

It's pretty clear what happened, in the text, audio and video provided on the links.

Piper2 Piper2 OP

Maybe we should treat all police officers like Barney Fife ... only give them one bullet, which they can't keep in their gun.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

In response to “Maybe we should treat all police officers...

Nah... sure would be nice though, if all police officers were at least as basically good, as Barney Fife.

Piper2 Piper2 OP

In response to “Nah... sure would be nice though, if all...

Every time someone suggest America should copy the restrictive gun laws of some other country ... I reply that I would favor it, if we started with the government forces. Police, FBI, BATFE, Postal Inspectors, US Marshalls, DEA, etc, etc - all should be disarmed, and only a select limited number allowed firearms.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun