Why are you bisexual? ... Help educate some of us who don't quite understand. THIS IS A SERIOUS POST!! For educational purposes only ... NOTE: If members start making insulting comments, I'll shut this shit down real fast, no exceptions.

Darkest_SerenityOzSurferAdaSukiesnowCarlaZonkeyBallsRoosterChuck_Tom

Because I saw a girl that was hot....then I saw a guy that was hot....that's really all there is to it. To me the concept of being attracted to one gender is hard to grasp ironically lol from this perspective its like impossible to imagine.

To me both guys and girls can be tough hot sexy strong i equate sexiness (beyond looks) with comitment to things and how hard you try so an image of a hot girl with muscles working out or a studly football player running evokes the same feelings

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet

Y'all chickens ....

Okay, I'll start and tell you why I'm not bi or gay. I love almost everything about women, physically, mentally, emotionally, how they are incredibly soft, their sexiness, their scent, their way of thinking, they make great little spoons and yes of course their butt. Yummy.

I just don't find men attractive.

SynysterGates SynysterGates OP

In response to “Y'all chickens .... Okay, I'll start and...

I agree 100% ! I love women!

Rooster Rooster

My sentiments, exactly.

Although...i find many men attractive. Sometimes without ever seeing them.

Bi-sexual people are the fortunate ones. They can find sexual pleasure from anyone who they have chemistry with.

Carla Carla

In response to “My sentiments, exactly. Although...i find...

Bingo. We are born that way. Not complicated.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

So, you like what us men like in women? or what I just said above.

SynysterGates SynysterGates OP

Thanks, I thought I was hot...

JD JD

In response to “Thanks, I thought I was hot...

You are JD. (hehe)

.. but not as hot as her. I want to clone her. lol

SynysterGates SynysterGates OP

In response to “You are JD. (hehe) .. but not as hot as her...

I ain't as hot as that.....if clone is the word these days, then I'll clone her as well...hehe

JD JD

I'm with you. I lay at the altar of women. To me men are hard, odorous, aggressive a-holes.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

I agree I think nearly all guys are quite ugly lol no offense to either of us (hehe) but on the rare occasion I see one that actually looks hot, it's an observation and not an actual sexual attraction although I'd be happy to admit the latter if it was true.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “I agree I think nearly all guys are quite...

Yeah I agree, I mean I always thought Kurt Russell was a good looking man back in his Snake Plissken days.

SynysterGates SynysterGates OP

In response to “Yeah I agree, I mean I always thought Kurt...

Yeah he was, I remember that movie. I should see it again :)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

Because there are men who I find attractive, and there are also women who I find attractive

DWF DWF

In response to “Because there are men who I find attractive...

But, what is it that makes you want to be with a woman?

Thanks for commenting btw.

SynysterGates SynysterGates OP

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet

In response to “Because I saw a girl that was hot....then I...

I have never liked male bodies...ewwwwww. It is only their personality that attracts me. Girls have it all.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “I have never liked male bodies...ewwwwww. It...

I like thin guys and emo boys and such

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet

In response to “I like thin guys and emo boys and such

What, a fat Finn wouldn't suffice?

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Thanks for explaining Janet and as well for commenting. It makes sense.

SynysterGates SynysterGates OP

In response to “Thanks for explaining Janet and as well for...

yw no probs! It's good to gain perspective

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet

I can be attracted to both sexies, but my sexual urges only want women....I would never consider **** with men...

JD JD

In response to “I can be attracted to both sexies, but my...

I hope you don't consider having **** with a man, but if you do, Bub is available, (hehe)(hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates OP

In response to “I hope you don't consider having **** with a...

That will never happen....hehe

JD JD

Love women and like men as friends ...although I find some men attractive, but not in a sexual way....

JD JD

In response to “Love women and like men as friends...

You'll find me attractive like hell.

Who wouldn't like to be with a helicopter pilot?

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “You'll find me attractive like hell. Who...

Who knows, I have an opticians appointment next week...

JD JD

In response to “Who knows, I have an opticians appointment...

That's just typically nasty.

I have always confused opticians by having a certain percentage of the form, but without any defining lines on my body.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

(wink) Good Luck on this one SYN (mischief)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “http://media2.giphy.com/media/OWNEvHukFpZAc/gip...

(hehe)(hehe)

I'm attracted to perfectly shaped butts. (hehe)(hehe) Let me rephrase that, I'm obsessed.

SynysterGates SynysterGates OP

In response to “(hehe)(hehe) I'm attracted to perfectly...

Ooo...my birthday thought to you.:)

Carla Carla

In response to “Ooo...my birthday thought to you.:)

Thanks Carla. (biggrin)

SynysterGates SynysterGates OP

So am I , is this gonna become another Sexy Butt post ? (smirk2) very educational. lolz

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “http://data.amirite.net/user_images/5a837197a9c...

Somehow, I seem to keep going back to the butt on any related **** posts. (hehe)(hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates OP

In response to “Somehow, I seem to keep going back to the...

SYN you could make a what's your favorite Car post into a Sexy **** post lolz

don't deny it (hehe)(hello)(hehe)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “SYN you could make a **what's your favorite...

Yes, I sure could, no question about that.

The babe in your pic is smokin.

SynysterGates SynysterGates OP

In response to “Yes, I sure could, no question about...

I know , I have superb taste in Women (hello)

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

I've always found fire hydrants to be sexy.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “I've always found fire hydrants to be sexy.

They have a lot of holes. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates OP

One of my favorites ...but then I'm easily pleased

JD JD

In response to “One of my favorites ...but then I'm easily...

Yup, that's a good one, no question about that.

SynysterGates SynysterGates OP

I've always been comfortable with my sexuality and never had a doubt or questioned myself. I'm just not attracted to masculinity, that's all it is really. If I was I would be bi to some extent. I do think being bi would be the ideal choice if it was a choice, as that's what I'd choose, but it's not a choice so I can't choose lol.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “I've always been comfortable with my...

If it was a choice, which actually is, today I'd still be hetorosexual. I love women too much. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates OP

There is no such thing as bisexuality. You are still more drawn to one **** than you are the other.

dru18 dru18

In response to “There is no such thing as bisexuality. You...

That's still being attracted to multiple genders

DWF DWF

In response to “That's still being attracted to multiple genders

Attraction occurs at the drop of a hat. A heterosexual woman might meet another woman she is sexually attracted to. It does not mean she is bisexual.

According to my psychology class there is no such thing as bisexuality. You almost surely are drawn to one gender more than the other, which puts you right back into heterosexuality or homosexuality.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Attraction occurs at the drop of a hat. A...

What studies did your psychology class discuss that lead to this conclusion?

DWF DWF

In response to “What studies did your psychology class...

Whoa, read my whole reply.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Whoa, read my whole reply.

Ok, so it looks like the argument we're having here is about what the exact definition of bisexuality is. You believe it has to be exactly 50/50 (and I'm still not sure why you don't think that's possible) while I'm saying that the definition is broader than that.

Tell me, what would you say about someone who sometimes felt more attracted to men but other times felt more attracted to women?

DWF DWF

In response to “Ok, so it looks like the argument we're...

Include the gender when you ask the question. I am not saying it has to be fifty-fifty, you said that. I am telling you there is no such thing as bisexual.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Include the gender when you ask the question...

Why would the gender matter?

DWF DWF

In response to “Why would the gender matter?

"Tell me, what would you say about someone who sometimes felt more attracted to men but other times felt more attracted to women?"

As I have said that person will prefer one gender over the other. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

dru18 dru18

In response to “"Tell me, what would you say about...

So are you saying that they'd be switching between being gay or straight? I don't know why that shouldn't be called bisexual.

DWF DWF

In response to “So are you saying that they'd be switching...

"Skepticism about the existence of people attracted to both men and women has come from heterosexuals as well as gays and lesbians. Even within the scientific community there has been debate about the existence and meaning of bisexuality. No one seems to argue with the reality that some people have **** with both men and women. The skepticism has centered on if that behavior is motivated by a strong sexual attraction to both sexes."

dru18 dru18

In response to “"Skepticism about the existence of people...

I think trusting people's description of their own internal experiences is a good way to not be an ****

DWF DWF

In response to “I think trusting people's description of...

That may be the smartest thing I've ever seen you write!

Budwick Budwick

And I think educating yourself on the opinions of others is also a good way to not be an ****.

dru18 dru18

In response to “And I think educating yourself on the...

And I have given you a pretty fair shake

DWF DWF

In response to “And I have given you a pretty fair shake

Ya think?

dru18 dru18

In response to “Ya think?...

I gave the concept that millions of people are lying about their identity for no discernible reason the fairest shake I could muster

DWF DWF

In response to “I gave the concept that millions of people...

No you didn't. You just argued with me with nothing to back you up.

dru18 dru18

In response to “No you didn't. You just argued with me with...

Because you never actually responded to any of my objections

DWF DWF

In response to “Because you never actually responded to any...

You were just being argumentative to support a style of life that never was.

dru18 dru18

In response to “You were just being argumentative to support...

Millions of people identify as bisexual. I suppose you could cover your ears and start humming to yourself whenever any of them come up but you'll look pretty ridiculous

DWF DWF

In response to “Millions of people identify as bisexual. I...

Cover my ears?? I am the one who is way ahead of you on this topic.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Cover my ears?? I am the one who is way ahead...

So what do you say to the millions of people who identify as bisexual?

DWF DWF

In response to “So what do you say to the millions of people...

Just what I told you. It is not recognized by the psychology society for the reason that was stated.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Just what I told you. It is not recognized by...

The APA has since at least 2001

DWF DWF

In response to “The APA has since at least 2001

Once again, the behavior exist. And once again it is not a real term. It is not a lifestyle.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Once again, the behavior exist. And once...

Define lifestyle.

DWF DWF

In response to “Define lifestyle.

Look, I answered a post with my opinion that was based on psychological studies.There is a conflict going on in the psychology world on whether that is a valid label. Live with it.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Look, I answered a post with my opinion that...

Outdated psychology studies that only dinosaurs believe

DWF DWF

In response to “Outdated psychology studies that only...

It isn't outdated. You didn't even ask me when the studies were done, the class taken, or even the date of the information that was sent on one of my replies to you.

In other words you are going on very little fact or even curiosity when crafting your replies.

dru18 dru18

In response to “I'm an ****. (hehe)

Oh now, that's just general knowledge. :)

dru18 dru18

In response to “Oh now, that's just general knowledge. :)

I think I would say I'm more of an Inconsiderate **, than an **.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m...s?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SynysterGates SynysterGates OP

I'm 79.82 percent heterosexual and about 24 percent gay. I guess it's the overlap, that makes people curious about the subject.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “I'm 79.82 percent heterosexual and about 24...

Wait!! aren't you 20.18 percent gay? that's the magical number to total 100%.

SynysterGates SynysterGates OP

In response to “Wait!! aren't you 20.18 percent gay? that's...

It's the overlap, as said.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

The American Psychological Association states that "sexual orientation falls along a continuum. In other words, someone does not have to be exclusively homosexual or heterosexual, but can feel varying degrees of both. Sexual orientation develops across a person's lifetime–different people realize at different points in their lives that they are heterosexual, bisexual or homosexual.

Me? 100% hetero and monogamous. Multiple partners is not a possibility for me.

Budwick Budwick

The American Psychological Association defines sexual orientation is an enduring pattern of emotional, romantic, and/or sexual attractions of men to women or women to men (heterosexual), men to men or women to women (homosexual) or by men or women to both sexes (bisexual).

Sexual orientation is distinct from other components of ** and gender, including biological ** (the anatomic, physiologic, and genetic characteristics associated with being male or female), gender identity (the psychologic sense of being male or female), and social gender roles (social norms that define masculine and feminine behavior). Sexual experience does not define sexual orientation.

The core attractions that form the basis for adult sexual orientation typically emerge between middle childhood and early adolescence, most often without any sexual experiences. This is true whether one is heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual.

No one knows what causes a person's sexual orientation. There is research on genes, hormones, developmental issues, social and cultural influences, etc...but no conclusive evidence. Most scientists and medical professionals believe both nature and nurture probably play complex roles. Whatever the cause the vast majority of people experience little or no sense of choice when it comes to their sexual orientation.

Research has found no inherent link between homosexuality and bisexuality and psychopathology so neither is a mental disorder. All mainstream health organizations believe homosexuality and bisexuality are uncommon but normal forms of human sexuality.

That's the Readers Digest version. If you want more info just go to the APA or AMA web sites. Each is full of information.

(pce)

Chris_PHAET_Demon Chris_PHAET_Demon

In response to “The American Psychological Association...

Nice piece... thanks for posting ;)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

I'm still mystified...what I don't care for are bi's who suddenly... meeting someone perhaps...become either straight or gay...in a committed way. Confusing.

Good Q, M!

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “I'm still mystified...what I don't care for...

My friend who was sure she was a solid lesbian has been with her boyfriend for 2 years now, go figure.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

I agree Sukie. I also think some people do it for popularity.

SynysterGates SynysterGates OP

I don't try to understand it. I think it's just something that's set, as some things just are and some aren't. I've never felt interest towards the same **** and it's not a choice just how it is so I assume it's the same for any other sexuality be it homosexual or bisexual.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

I spent time reading all o this and wow there is some good points from both sides. Personally, I am attracted to both male and female. Why? Because i am? I like boys, don’t get me wrong but from experience most seem to be complete **** no offence. They are either cute but too shy, or gorgeous but huge jerks it seems. But girls aren’t as much? I mean yes there are b*tches as well but girls are easier to get to know and more considerate and cute? I don’t know if any of this makes sense. It’s kinda hard to explain. But it’s also not just physical attraction either I like how someone said that a hot girl working out can be attractive as well and so maybe masculinity in general is attractive for both sexes as well being feminine.

meow_199 meow_199

In response to “I spent time reading all o this and wow there...

Yup, it makes sense. Thanks for commenting meow.

SynysterGates SynysterGates OP

I'm trisexual... I like my pets a bit too much I suppose... (redface)

Chuck_Tom

In response to “I'm trisexual... I like my pets a bit too...

Hmmm... I think you like women way too much, to be trisexual.

SynysterGates SynysterGates OP

In response to “Hmmm... I think you like women way too much...

I dunno... every time JD (where is that Brit, anyway??) writes a "hehe" I feel a discombobulating twinge in my nethers... (l)

Chuck_Tom

In response to “I dunno... every time JD (where is that Brit...

He's taking a break ..

SynysterGates SynysterGates OP