Musician/songwriter, Waylon Jennings died 16 years ago today (February 13th). Wanna post any related (Country, R&R, doesn't matter) music in memory of this great artist who supposedly missed an earlier death by giving up his seat on the same flight on which Buddy Holly was killed?

TiffaneeBozetteRoosterSynysterGates

Explained by Mutt...

Never been a huge country music fan, but Jennings was influenced by many artists in his music career. As well, he partnered with, and influenced many himself in both writing and performing.

In response to “https://youtu.be/amUbKtIcXPo

We really do just have our time.....
Troy Gentry who died this past summer in a helicopter crash on his way to a Montgomery Gentry concert, sang the lyrics to their song Roll With Me" "I saw a kid last winter only 20 years old, being laid to rest while his mom stood by his side, it sure was hard to watch those tears roll down her face...it made me think how we all just have our time, so now I'm slowing it down and I'm looking around and I'm loving this town and I'm doing alright aint worried about nothin' except for the man I want to be, I'm thinking that maybe it's time to be living the rhyme when I'm singing a song about nothing but right, and it sure be nice if you would roll with me." :( <iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XoPg1EG2AKk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gronk17 Gronk17

American Pie - Don McLean
https://youtu.be/VsZFiMo8TIc

Bozette Bozette

In response to “American Pie - Don...

What a great, informative and powerful video to that song....we all of a certain age have heard the short version of that song on the radio a million time(therefor people like myself changing the radio channel when it comes on the radio), but tonight was the first time I listened to that song/lyrics in its entirety and have a newfound respect for that old song :)

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “What a great, informative and powerful video...

It has always been a favorite of mine. It was the only 45 I had that I had to turn over to hear the whole song.

And vinyl is now a retro trend...LOL!

Bozette Bozette

In response to “It has always been a favorite of mine. It...

Ah the B side of a 45 record back then... my friends and I as kids never bothered to listen to the "B" side of any hit song on our 45's because we just assumed that a song on the B side of any hit song must be an awful song for that song to be on the B SIDE of that 45 when we all were A students lol :)

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Ah the B side of a 45 record back then... my...

Ya couldn't miss that the song cut off...so I turned it over, and sure enough...the song continued. Can't say as I knew any of the flip sides on the rest of my 45s.

Bozette Bozette

My oldest son's favorite show and car in the early 80's when he was a little boy, that we watched together every Friday night :)

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qogVHlmFcx0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “My oldest son's favorite show and car in the...

I fell in love with that car! Ended up owning two of the 1970 models.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “I fell in love with that car! Ended up...

Do you still own those cars? Man they would be worth so much money now if you still owned them. I love the style of the General Lee Challenger and the Road Runner Challenger(my dad back in the late 60's bought a Road Runner as a 2nd family car when we were little HOPING that this smaller car would encourage our mom to want to drive instead of her being afraid to drive our big family station wagon, it didn't lol!!

I also love the 71 Cuda Challenger because it reminds me of my teenage years in the mid to late 70's when my best guy friend owned one, who would drive us around town on a Friday/Saturday night(ala the movie Dazed and Confuzed) looking for something to do in our small town.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Do you still own those cars? Man they would...

Sadly no...lost one in the "divorce" and sold the other after a fire immediately following the "divorce". Needless to say, I got screwed royally...still, gotta say it was worth it to be rid of him. I still miss the cars, though. :(

Bozette Bozette