Why is it okay for mostly naked gay men and crazed feminists in **** costumes to have a parade but the military can't show pride?

This is why:

TomboyJanet

It isn't okay.

Thedudeyouhatetomeet

Other

TiffaneeSukiesnowMonaLeaZonkeyBallsProdigalSon

BudwickBozetteJustJimColoSukiesnowZonkeyBallsMutt

Explained by JerryHendrickson...

The same liberals who complain about the prospect of a military parade gush enthusiasm when crazed lunatics have one.

When I was in the USMC, during boot camp, we had parades every effing week, just to please some two bit general

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “When I was in the USMC, during boot camp, we...

I doubt you will be required to participate in the parade being discussed here.

It seems you may have missed some of the reasoning behind your training Flanders. Did you finish boot camp?

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I doubt you will be required to participate...

I was drafted and ended up in the Corps, yes I not only finished boot camp, but was honorably discharged upon completion of my two year contract.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “I was drafted and ended up in the Corps, yes...

Good for you!
Thank you for your service. When did you serve?

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Good for you! Thank you for your service...

Jan 1970 - Jan 1972 I was lucky, did 2 carib cruises and 1 med cruise. Stationed at Lejune in N.C.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “Jan 1970 - Jan 1972 I was lucky, did 2 carib...

Lucky indeed. They stopped the draft about a year later.

It's unfortunate that your military experience sounds as if was a negative one for you. I'm sincere, no snark here.

I realize that being there was not your choice, but didn't you find some positive stuff in those two years?

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Lucky indeed. They stopped the draft about a...

I've never been good with someone telling me what to do, but all 3 cruises were good. North Carolina was a bit too humid for me, had never experienced that before, but I lived off base at the beach so that was good also. I made a lot of lifelong friends also. All in all it was a good experience, but not one I wanted to make a career out of.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “I've never been good with someone telling me...

Thanks for sharing Flanders. I'm glad you found some good in the time you spent serving our country.

Budwick Budwick

Finns can do a parade.

I'm not officially eligible to fly a chopper, but I still have some... Favors in check. I might just as well have a go.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

To me military parades are more a demonstration of power than of pride. Their intent seems to be intimidation.

As for mostly naked gay men or women in **** costumes parading through the streets.. I could do without those as well.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

The difference is that military parades are given for the benefit of someone else: a president organizes one to show off his country's power. An insecure leader like Kim Jong-un is the type of person who would throw a military parade outside of a military victory. Let's not let the United States stoop to that level. There is no reason to have a military parade now. If we ever have another victory, then get back to me.

Logan Logan

After the last 8 years, I have no objection to honoring our military. I'm just glad to see them back and getting stronger. It's been a long time since they got some positive recognition.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

Hell why not....we can finally see Trump in his new state of the art Presidential Uniform and beret as he rides down Pennsylvania Ave on the back of a tank with a cigar in his mouth leading the crowd in a chant of "Kill! Kill! Kill!"

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

In response to “Hell why not....we can finally see Trump in...

Yeah, that's ** and you know it. Show a little respect for the military and you're evil but a bunch of wackos in nothing but thongs or dressed as ** and you right up there on the bandwagon.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

In response to “Yeah, that's **** and you know it. Show a...

Cities and towns have military parades honoring veterans and troops all the time. Veterans Day parades, Armed Forces Day parades, Memorial Day parades, Independence Day parades, Flag Day parades. The only **** I know is seeing people think that Trump's desire for a parade has anything to do with his respect for the military.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

In response to “Cities and towns have military parades...

Yeah, I just completely disagree on that. People are always too quick to condemn everything he does. Have a parade on a federal level is more awesome, a bigger stage.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

In response to “Yeah, I just completely disagree on that...

You actually just agreed with me......"Have a parade on a federal level is more awesome, a bigger stage". Even you realize it's for nothing but spectacle.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

In response to “You actually just agreed with...

It's a bigger show of affection for the troops and EVERY parade is a spectacle.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

In response to “It's a bigger show of affection for the...

It's about the intent of the spectacle though...and the intent here won't be known until it is seen. If it has to be done I at least hope he makes it more about the people and less about the weaponry.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

Trump doesn't smoke. (biggrin)

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Trump doesn't smoke. (biggrin)

I never said it was lit...it’s all part of the show.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

In response to “I never said it was lit...it’s all part...

Nah, he's just not a cigar type of guy.

Bozette Bozette

We don't use taxpayer money A: and B: we're about construction of bonds not destruction and C: Big military parades are hallmarks of terrible terrible regimes in the past. Nazi Germany, North Korea, It's a sign of beating the drum for conquest and I really don't like that.

TomboyJanet TomboyJanet

In response to “We don't use taxpayer money A: and B: we're...

What do you call the army of police and security needed to stop you maniacs from burning cars, smashing windows , and beating on people who dare disagree with you? LOTS of taxpayer money.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

Why? Because we have a whole lotta folks who claim they don't like to be labeled/treated differently who cling to identity politics and demand preferential treatment...but hate Trump, and since it was his idea, they hate the idea of the parade. The veterans I know mostly seem to favor it, though, seeing it as truly honoring their service, rather than as it is portrayed by those who oppose it. Personally, I'm neutral on it. I do honor our veterans - our government that unnecessarily utilizes them in never-ending wars...not so much.

As always...JMHO

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Why? Because we have a whole lotta folks who...

"don't like to be labeled who cling to identity politics." They confuse the shit out of me.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

In response to “"don't like to be labeled who cling to...

Me, too, Jerry.

Bozette Bozette

Best and most correct answer.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

In response to “Best and most correct answer.

Thank you.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Thank you.

I always call it as I see it and if you read through the entire post, it's obviously true.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

Speaking of pride...the US shows too much pride... On TV lately I noticed that every house had at least 4 American flags. And in thinking back on to fam/friend

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “Speaking of pride...the US shows too much...

Yeah, TV is misleading on almost everything. Just one flag here.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

In response to “Yeah, TV is misleading on almost everything...

I added to the above reply...the screen wiped out and didn't save...

I also said: America is very into sensationalism...the gays etc are so happening now.

And: nice to see you sticking around...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “I added to the above reply...the screen wiped...

Nice to have you back. I have to stick around. It's an outlet to pour out my feelings. When I get in too deep, I take a break.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

But Sukes, why? Why can loonies go around burning cars, smashing windows, dressed as **** be accepted over honoring our military. It's crazy. Ya got one for me on that? (I exaggerated a little)

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP

In response to “But Sukes, why? Why can loonies go around...

I don't even understand the downvote at all Tiff. It's over my head.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson OP