He makes sense so I'm sharing his coverage of the recent Mass Shooting in Florida.

Sofia

Nobody :)

Piper2TiffaneeOzSurferAdaWill_JanitorCarlaProdigalSonRoosterSynysterGates

Explained by Sofia...

**** the shooter and **** anyone that loves their parties/guns more than they care about people. You're all disgusting in my book and I hope there's a hell, because if it exists, you're going straight to it.

The people who I meant on the explanation are:

- people who say "it's too early to talk about this. Their bodies are not even cold and you're already talking about guns", which tends to come from the people refusing to admit that any mass shooting has any relation to guns ever, but using the idea that they care about the victims and their families as the front. I cannot begin to describe how disgusting those people are to me. Kids are dead. And it's not the first time. It keeps happening. But yeah, don't talk about it, because it's too early, as it always is, and then something else will happen and you'll focused on that and you'll forget all about the shooting. Like it happened the last times. Because you care. Sure.

- people going, "it's not a gun control issue, it's a mental health issue."... are you aware it can be about both? I know, a very out of the box thought, but I promise you, it won't kill you for thinking it. It can be about guns and mental issues, which is my guess on most mass shootings.

- And my favourite: the argument that "he would have found something else to use it" as in a way to say let's not focus on the guns...

When 9/11 happened, border control got stricter because someone used a **** plane as a weapon. So they made it harder for people to use a plane like that again. That makes sense. Going "he would have found something else do it anyway, so let's not focus on what he used now", doesn't make sense. Actually, is downright insulting to basic human intelligence.

Sofia Sofia OP

Sofia Sofia OP

Yes Sofia. You have it right.
After the story is told, and yesterday's news, people forget. Except the families....they will carry an unthinkable burden for the rest of their lives.
Something needs done. So much thought, time and money spent on what might happen, when we turn our backs on what is happening.
Trump wants 25 billion for a wall. Just think what that could do if it went towards licensing and proper background checks. Some training.
Getting these high volume round magazines eliminated...we could do these things. It could help. Or...we can continue to do nothing and watch innocent people shot down.

Carla Carla

In response to “Yes Sofia. You have it right. After the...

I can't even imagine how this circus must affects the families at every shooting it happens. It always the same thing. It's a circle jerk of doing nothing but pretending you're doing your best.

Sadly, I'm betting it will be the latter. I don't see the big people doing anything unless it personally affects them.

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “I can't even imagine how this circus must...

Maybe...maybe, when the current power in our country finally ages out. But...as long as gun manufacturers pump money to the n r a and the n r a lobbies the government officials, I'm afraid little will change.
Money trumps people in this country. Always has.

Carla Carla

What the hell is wrong with people, why is a school shooting becoming a regularly occurring event?!

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “What the hell is wrong with people, why is a...

I seriously have no idea. But when a certain bad thing keeps happening, the "shock" of it eventually passes over. That's what I fear is happening already.

Sofia Sofia OP

It started when the media decided to glorify shootings, and violence in general, to gain ratings. The mentally unbalanced see their acts as a way of gaining notoriety. And, that is just part of the problem.

beachbum beachbum

Well according to the President this could have easily been avoided had people simply acted when seeing the "warning signs". Of course there's little to no "warning signs" legislation in place that gives the authorities the legal means to carry out any sort of action. I mean the shooter cleared background checks to purchase his weapon. Just a pretty hypocritical statement for someone that revoked policy that would make it harder for people showing "warning signs" to obtain a weapon the second they took office. Gotta justify that NRA funding I guess.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

In response to “Well according to the President this could...

What a surprise.

Sofia Sofia OP

You make a good point, but I gotta wonder what those new laws would look like. Then by the time the ACLU and the courts got done with them.....? I'm not disagreeing, but there don't seem to be easy fixes out there.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “You make a good point, but I gotta wonder...

That's the point I was trying to convey...there is no easy fix and I don't really see how there could be any real protection without rights and privacy being infringed upon. Which no one wants.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

Good points, Sofia, and of course, good points from DeFranco as usual. If the shooter had been an illegal immigrant, we would be talking immediately about border security, and it wouldn't be wrong to do so. Same situation here with discussing guns. That doesn't mean that guns are the only issue at stake here and it doesn't mean, as the alarmists will claim, that any discussion of guns = a ban on all guns and immediate removal of all guns from the hands of white patriots. It means we recognize that there's a problem (the number of mass shootings in the U.S. has gone up exponentially; all the deadliest ones have happened in recent years and they keep happening) and address it. Yes, now is the time to talk about EVERYTHING related to mass shootings and their prevention, including guns.

Thibault Thibault

In response to “Good points, Sofia, and of course, good...

You said it best.

Sofia Sofia OP

Interesting... I know I commented on this post, twice, in fact. (hmm)

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Interesting... I know I commented on this...

Yup. Some comments disappeared.

Sofia Sofia OP