How about a lesson in Civilty?

BudwickBozetteWill_JanitorPartyOfOneazlotto
How about a lesson in Civilty?

Explained by Neanderthal_Momdoer...

Claude Independent School District has several staff members that carry concealed weapons on school grounds. A sign in front of Claude ISD campuses shows that the district has multiple staff members who carry concealed weapons. Parents who have children at the school say they feel very safe and comfortable knowing their staff are armed and ready to protect them if they have to. Some will know the name Red Skelton some won't. His words are as True today as when Red spoke them

That is a good thing. I wonder if kid shooters are bright enough to read a notice. Let's hope so and nobody ever tries it there. I was thinking maybe droan shooters would be good flying around outside a school to shoot troublemakers before they get in. Shoot them with a tranquilizer gun, no death just a fast drop.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “That is a good thing. I wonder if kid...

you see his "mic"

he'll know who is coming his way
spotters looking at the school
defenders at the wait

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer OP

Veterans ya that would be a good idea too.

In response to “Veterans ya that would be a good idea too.

another bonus
Manners an Respect will return

wanna bully someone punk?
Bullyme

I can see that being said

I agree with trained, armed staff

Freeranger Freeranger

That's a good start.

azlotto azlotto

In response to “That's a good start.

gotta start somewhere

Reports: Accused School Shooter's Younger Brother Committed ...

From you? Not a chance.

TheCensoredBrit TheCensoredBrit

I just pooped on your carpet. :)

DW2 DW2

I'm glad this idea is finally getting some traction!

People actually wanting to address the problem and not fixated on disarming citizens have talked about this for a long time. I wonder if having a loud mouthed president willing to speak out and get around the biased media may be the difference! No matter - if we can save some kids from getting shot - I'm in!

Budwick Budwick

one last thing. I work in education with students with disabilities. Every day before I enter the building, I wonder "is this the day?" As an educator, and a VET my hope is that ONE day, they will understand what the phrase "soft target" really means....to a point where it will resonate enough to allow some of us to carry concealed. Stop and think for a moment.....the recent tragedy...the horrific one in Connecticut....Columbine and on and on. I fully believe that ALL of them could have been minimized and the loss of life prevented along with it's other casualties had there been a trained, armed response among it's faculty.
And let me add, that force must and should come, from those who are willing AND deemed capable, by both the school administration, and law enforcement. I promise you.....there would be a decidedly different outcome. I don't care what the Birkenstockers say....survivability increase when a perp understands a school is no longer that soft target. Nothing will make me believe otherwise.
Down off my soap box.

Freeranger Freeranger

One last thing.
I work in education with students with disabilities. Every day before I enter the building, I wonder "is this the day?" As an educator, and a VET, my hope is that ONE day, they will understand what the phrase "soft target" really means....to a point where it will resonate enough to allow some of us to carry concealed. Yah......I know, let the fekkin' howling begin.

Brush the hysteria to the side for a moment, then stop and think proactively. There are no shortage of tragedies to choose from---the recent tragedy in Florida...the horrific one in Connecticut....Columbine, and on and on. I fully believe that ALL of them could have been minimized and the loss of life mitigated had there been a trained, armed, collective response among their faculty.
There is nothing you can do about someone who has an intent to commit terror, because you can never know the mind of the imbalanced and when they will act. There can only ever be, a response TO that act. And I promise you, when even that imbalanced individual understands that, people unknown to them WITHIN that school, church, or other event are armed, you will experience a decrease, because inherently, they are cowards. The goal is to cause the most amount of damage in the shortest span of time. Their terror is based on emotional issues or the immortality and name recognition in their final act....like some All Star in an NBA competition. Whether they are taken down and arrested, or commit suicide post event----they have achieved their objective. Name recognition!

Most school's today, between both Middle and High School employ an SRO...but in many instances, that SRO is rotating between several schools in a district during the day! This is telling me that, that district is only placing a basic priority on safety...and like many schools, that manning comes down to a budget or PC issue....ya can't have too many security people in an educational institution you know....what would Socrates think!
Many schools need MORE than one SRO and I believe that, manning should be based on census. One way to enhance that shield is to consciously man that school with a trained educational staff. THOSE staff MUST be volunteers...volunteers deemed capable, by both the school administration, and law enforcement, who then must go through rigorous training.

Unpopular? Hell yes, but I promise you.....there would be a decidedly different outcome. I don't care what the Birkenstockers say....survivability increases when a perp understands a school is no longer that soft target. Nothing will make me believe otherwise.

Down off my soap box.

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “One last thing. I work in education with...

Ah....just what I expected. The PC police have arrived post haste to draw little lines through the things they don't wish to hear. So much for that little Amendment regarding free speech.
Ball lickers...

Freeranger Freeranger