I don't care if there was or wasn't collusion. I don't care what Hillary knew or what POTUS didn't know.  A foreign element has successfully infiltrated our election process and manipulated our social media, and nobody in the current administration seems to give a rat's ****. That's what I care about.

VicZincCarlaBlewynanifailajmsituationPartyOfOnehootowlTrish

CleburneBozetteWill_Janitor

Piper2Will_JanitorPartyOfOneBlewynanifailCarlaSynysterGates
I don't care if there was or wasn't collusion. I don't care what Hillary knew or what POTUS didn't know. A foreign element has successfully infiltrated our election process and manipulated our social media, and nobody in the current administration seems to give a rat's ****. That's what I care about.

Serious question, Vic...exactly how many voters do you know who were swayed from voting D to R or R to D over something posted on social media? I personally cannot think of a single one. And since FB and Twitter were the primary focus - and barring family, each are basically divided into two massive echo chambers...if you really think it affected our election, I hate to break it to you, but foreign meddling is the least of our problems. If true, it would, however, speak volumes to our failed education system and utter lack of critical thinking.

As far as whether Russia, or any other country for that matter, meddled here...it is pure hypocrisy for the US (both parties, btw) to cry foul after decades of the US both overtly and covertly meddling in the elections of other sovereign nations. I'd make book that no other nation on earth has been as guilty of that as the US.

If either candidate and/or party broke the law...throw the book at 'em! But frankly, I don't give a flying ** about other nations doing what we routinely do across the globe. I care a great deal** about that lack of critical thinking amongst our citizenry, however.

As always...JMHO

https://www.npr.org/2016/12/22/...eign-elections

Bozette Bozette

You should care and things are not always as they seem. Trump doesn't clue the enemy in before he makes a move.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “You should care and things are not always as...

You mean like the time he didn't tell Russia to move its planes and equipment before he bombed the Syrian airport causing limited damage and no casualties?

Like that time?

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “You mean like the time he didn't tell Russia...

Don't ask me. How the f do I know? Am I Commander in Chief? Do you like to respond to comments with questions? Do you? Huh?

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

Now that's it proved to be true and not "Fake News" or a hoax as Trump loves to say, what's he gonna do about it? He won't put the sanctions on Russia even though it was voted by Congress to do so. Trump is Putin's little puppet and he won't do one thing for our country, he's in it to protect his sorry butt. But before long all the facts will be coming out about Trump's financial dealings with Putin.... He's definitely in bed with Putin. Traitor

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I am equally concerned at how many people in this administration have access to national security information without full clearance. Shameful - absolutely shameful. You would think this was something about which Trump would really care, but it seems that personal loyalty is more important to him than loyalty to the country.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “I am equally concerned at how many people in...

Come on Linn. You know better than that. ALL personnel entering the military, or other government agencies, in sensitive jobs, civilians, military officers and enlisted, are granted an interim security clearance, with access to classified information until their final clearances are adjudicated. (It may take up to a year for a final TS to be granted.
Let's look at congress.... give me some names of any in congress who have been denied a security clearance. Security clearances for congress are rubber stamped. (There are many in congress who would never be able to get a clearance if they had to meet the standards everyone else has to meet.) This is nothing new.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Come on Linn. You know better than that...

It would be a presumption that Congresspersons have been vetted. I am also not that sure that all congresspersons are read in to the highest level information. There just seems to be a laxity in this administration that has never come to the fore in any prior ones.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “It would be a presumption that...

Not all congresspersons are read into sensitive positions, therefore they do not need access. If they are on a sensitive committee, they are given a clearance and are briefed. The way it was explained to me many many years ago is that they are not required to go through the scrutiny of an investigation because they are deemed "trustworthy" by virtue of them receiving the trust of those who elected them. (Drove me nuts when I heard that)

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Not all congresspersons are read into...

A politician being automatically considered trustworthy these days is an oxymoron.

It's 1:45 AM here and I'm heading to sleep. have a good night.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “A politician being automatically considered...

That, Linn, is 100% correct.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

LOCK HER UP! MAGO!

Cleburne Cleburne

In response to “LOCK HER UP! MAGO!

YEAH MAGO! LOCK THAT **** UP!

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “LOCK HER UP! MAGO!

What's "MAGO?"

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

Behind every POTUS, there are lies and fake news...people should realize all politicians are crooked..leave Trump alone and wait and see what he does over four years...

JD JD

I have said it from the get go. And all I got in reply from the right is that we do it to other nations elections..all the time.
And that we should be cooperative with Russia, being adversaries has gotten us nowhere.
And...there is no proof.....there always was proof.

Collusion is not a crime. Ignoring cyber propaganda and sabotage, because it might tarnish a tin win, should be.
As you told me in the past, Vic. Trust nothing.
Social media is full of ghosts that only serve to cause disruption. Seems the Russians are very adept at being those ghosts.

Carla Carla

In response to “I have said it from the get go. And all I got...

Carla, While I think countries should stay out of other's elections, why is this suddenly such a big deal, whether it's true or not, when it "never" has been in the past?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...=.d116f222254b

http://www.latimes.com/nation/l...213-story.html

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Carla, While I think countries should stay...

That's like saying: it's no big deal if they drop a few bombs on us, we bomb people all the time.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

What vic said.

Carla Carla

In response to “What vic said.

Vic didn't say anything. He simply tried to deflect the question.We were talking about interference by governments in elections, not people bombing us. However, if you'd like to talk about bombing us, we can go there as well. How many times have we been attacked by state sponsored terrorists in the past 40 years? Just because the bomb wasn't dropped by a plane doesn't make it any less deadly, or make it have less impact on US politics.
Wouldn't you consider illegals, who are loyal to another country, and illegally voting in American elections, while loyal to a foreign government, supporting their countries interests, interfering in American elections? How many illegals are in this country again? And they almost ALL vote Democrat.
Wouldn't you consider millions in foreign contributions to political candidates, interference in US elections? (Lets face it, money buys votes through advertising and paying for propaganda.)
The only reason it is "important" to the Democrats today is because they can't accept, that even with all the foreign influence and foreign $$$ pumped into the Clinton campaign, she lost.
I'm still waiting for any evidence that Trump paid for or was involved in Russia's involvement. Meanwhile, we know for a fact that Hillary paid for and provided fake documents to the Russians for "interfering."

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Vic didn't say anything. He simply tried to...

I I looked into how many bombings. The majority were from people from the United States. Of all the foreign terror attacks in the world in the past 40 years under 8% happened here.
Non citizens are not, nor should be, allowed to vote.
And, again, collusion is not a crime. So why the lies and cover ups?
I believe trumps crimes go further back, and when discovered, if the Congress acts, will put him in in federal prison.

Carla Carla

In response to “I I looked into how many bombings. The...

Carla. Let me ask you this.If it is illegal, then why is there a push to allow them to vote by Democrats?
http://www.newsweek.com/immigra...america-664467
https://www.reuters.com/article...0ER2KU20140616

You say that only 8% happen here. If you took the muslim countries out of that equation, what percent would that be? Even 8% is a huge number.

You claim that Trumps "crimes" go further back. Is that based on facts/evidence or what politicians and the media have been blasting the airwaves with, 24/7 since before the election? I notice there is no coverage of the evidence against Clinton, Obama and the FBI by the MSM. Why is it that only Fox. (like it or hate it) covers things like the uranium deal, the fake documents provided to the Russians by Clinton, and the list goes on.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Carla. Let me ask you this.If it is illegal...

There are criminals everywhere. If Clinton was in office (She is not) and she was being credibly investigated for being involved in criminal acts, i would be ranting then too. Btw...clinton has been being investigated for years....nothing. the fbi and justice dept are primarily made up of conservatives.
I have no facts, I have only read of trumps associations, financial dealings, pay offs, lawsuits, inappropriate behavior, falls and resurrections through the years.
Again, just my opinion....i fully believe that he has been involved in the dirty money business since Atlantic city, at least. The reason he is fighting the "collusion" accusation so hard has nothing to do with the election. It is his finances. But....his supporters choose to ignore those implications.
Regardless....it disturbs me that people are so easily influenced by what unseen and unknown sources put online. Some of those memes and incomplete quotes have been posted here. People get riled up. Social media is now where way too many get their news and how they form their ideals.

The democrats can push. It is pushing too big a boulder. Illegals will never get voting rights. They have had them through our history and they have been systematically removed. I'm am a staunch Democrat and have no desire for non citizens to have the right to vote.

You cannot "take out" the Muslim nations. No more than you can "take out" the extremists, that have caused the most terroristic acts here, that are/were american.

Carla Carla

In response to “There are criminals everywhere. If Clinton...

See how easy it is for the right two people to have an intelligent discussion with opposing views Carla? We've been going back and forth for years and you haven't called me an ** "yet" and I I haven't called you a **. LOL Maybe we should elect people with opposing views who can still communicate..... Just a thought.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “See how easy it is for the right two people...

Well...a year.
And...yes. voting for people who have opposing views is key. Without allowed opposition we get authorianism. Communication and compromise is the solution to most conflicts. And relationships;) Give a little, get a little. Everyone wins.

Carla Carla

Stop shifting the problem. All of those things you mentioned are bad and should be stopped.

Who's job is it to stop them? The current administrations! and if they don't (and it looks like they might try to stop the voting problem by restricting the rights of legitimate voters - but as for campaign finance and foreign influence? meh). If the don't fix these problems then it will be for the next administration, and so on until someone with an once of integrity steps up.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Stop shifting the problem. All of those...

So are you claiming illegals are legitimate voters?

I agree that the concerns I outlined are things that need to be fixed. Our government has been corrupted for many decades, all the way back to the early 60's and it's been getting worse. I'm just curious why you, and other liberals are just coming out now, with demands that something be "fixed". I don't recall you saying, or wanting anything "fixed" with the previous administration.

I'm all about holding "everyone" accountable, but you shouldn't get to pick and choose who you want to be held accountable, depending on your political beliefs or agendas. . Doing that, is why the people haven't trusted the government in decades and why people have gotten behind the concept of "Draining the Swamp." This is no longer a country of laws, and hasn't been one for decades, but has become one where enforcement of the law and creation of laws have been sold to the highest bidder. What I believe most politicians, on both sides, hate about Trump, is that he is exposing this corruption. Why else found be so much focus be on whether or not a person slept with a hooker (true or not true) vs someone selling or reveling Top Secret information to enemy nations?

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “So are you claiming illegals are legitimate...

First Jim, I don't claim to be an expert on voting laws. I don't know when or if illegals can or cannot vote. I don't want anyone voting who has no right to, but more important to me is I don't want anyone restricted from voting that had a right to vote. It seems to me that there are laws being implemented that restrict our rights.

I (we) did want many things "fixed" which is why we elected and re-elected Obama. We fixed, in our eyes, a ton of stuff that was important to me. Now you and Trump are "unfixing" them.

That's what democracy is about, a see-saw of ideas and values. We didn't expect you to change sides when Obama was in office and I doubt you expect me to change now that Trump is.

But I do expect our president to tell the truth and protect everyone equally, even if I think in my heart of hearts that he will not.

As far as Hillary goes (I am guessing that you are eluding to her) I expect a thorough investigation, which I think occurred) and an indictment if one is warranted. I expect the same for Trump.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “First Jim, I don't claim to be an expert on...

I don't refer to just Hillary but ALL politicians across the board.

Now Obama is out of office, and the people have spoken and said they don't like the changes Obama made and want other changes. Trump was a huge statement by the people that we are sick of "politicians".

You say that in your heart of hearts that Trump is untruthful. Many of us think the same thing about Obama, the Clinton's,the Ryan's, and many other politicians on both sides.

Too often, people, on both sides, will defend the party line ONLY for the sake of defending the party.

I happen to like the changes Trump wants to make and am not afraid to voice it. Does he say stupid things sometimes? Yes. Have the politicians you support said stupid things? Yes. Today, and tomorrow, everyone is under a microscope and that's never going to change. If something doesn't exists, all it takes is someone in their basement to create it and claim it's. If it's something you want to believe, you will believe it. If it's something you don't want to believe, you won't. I'm more concerned with the overall results and changes, than what is all over social media, true or not true. Our world has changed with the coming of social media. I can go to facebook, make something up, and it will be believed by tens of thousands of people. I can also reach all those people with a few keystrokes. This is not just the way it is today but the way it will be in the future. Nobody has any credibility anymore, be it substantiated or unsubstantiated. How big do you think the political social media propaganda machine is, on both sides? Truth has been replaced by what gets results and publicity.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “I don't refer to just Hillary but ALL...

I don't disagree with anything you just said.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

Vic, as usual for liberals you have selected "outrage".

Where was our media and liberals outrage back in 2012 when President Obama was actually caught on mic literally COLLUDING with then President Medvedev, whispering to President Medvedev(thinking his mic was off)...."This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."....where President Medvedev whispered back, "I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir."

Nah nothing to see here folks, it was clearly OBVIOUS that President Obama didn't think he was going to win against Romney, therefore President Obama and Medvedev whispering ABOUT their family's vacation plans they were going to take together after the elections....therefor Obama whispering to Medvedev that he'd have more flexibility on the dates of their planned family's vacation together, and to give a heads up to Vladimir to see if Putin's family wanted to join them as well. lol!

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Vic, as usual for liberals you have selected...

um. I think that got plenty of coverage and plenty of outrage.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

As always...JMHO

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Serious question, Vic...exactly how many...

None - not the point.
Yes it is hypocrisy- still not the points
Yes lack of critical thinking skills is worrisome - still not the point.

The point is this administer should be concerned, it is not.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “None - not the point. Yes it is hypocrisy-...

I believe you just may be mistaken about that, but only time will tell.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “I believe you just may be mistaken about...

I hope you are right

VicZinc VicZinc OP

Vic, how do you personally know this Administration is not concerned??? Is it because this Administration does not tell the enemy or our media their plan of action.... as President Obama did when announcing to the world and our ENEMY the date of when he as our CIC would be pulling our troops out of Afghanistan? Is THAT the type of transparency you want from President Trump when it comes to what his plans are about dealing with Russia?

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Vic, how do you personally know this...

Maybe because it constantly says that this is fake news and that it is not concerned about it?

VicZinc VicZinc OP

Russia has been TRYING for many many years to inflict damage to our voting
but then so have the NORKS and a few others
that is nothing NEW

do ILLEGAL ALIENS also interfere in our elections?
of course they do
Crickets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih4_1FyVjaY

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “Russia has been TRYING for many many years to...

Um, no. No taxation without representation. You pay taxes you get to vote. It's called America, not the federation of people who think like Neanerthal_momdoer. Get over your hatred of gays and people of color.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Um, no. No taxation without representation...

He can't hear you.

MonaLea

Where did you get "hatred of gays and people of color" from that?

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “Where did you get "hatred of gays and...

From several of his other post.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “From several of his other post.

I haven't noticed but I don't really pay too much attention. Let me ask him myself.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

That's not the way it works. If you are a US Citizen, of voting age and no felony convictions, you are legally entitled to vote. Illegals and foreign nationals are not allowed to vote, no matter if they pay any taxes or not.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “That's not the way it works. If you are a US...

That should change.

NM implied they do vote, in my state they cannot register.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “That should change. NM implied they do...

You think that non-citizens should be allowed to vote?

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “You think that non-citizens should be allowed...

Who said that? I think people who are not legally entitled to vote, should not vote.

I seems to me that some people on this thread think that illegal aliens are allowed to vote - I don't know if they are or not.

Whatever the law is on voting it should be followed, if they are voting illegally they are criminals, if they are voting legally they should be allowed to vote until the laws are changed.

VicZinc VicZinc OP

In response to “Who said that? I think people who are not...

Sorry, I misunderstood.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

Hey Momdoer, Vic thinks you're racist and bigoted. I haven't noticed. What's up with that? Have you said anything to the affect that you hate black and gay people? I haven't seen it personally. I've found that Liberals often assume such things when people don't speak in politically correct terminology.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

Let me get this straight - you don't care about collusion.
Is that since they've proven that Trump did not collude? Or, when they proved that Hillary did?

So, you don't like people commenting on social media? Trying to sway the opinions of others? Sort of like we do every day here on Amirite?

Budwick Budwick

Do you mean that everything I read on the Internet isn't true?

Budwick Budwick

Considering that Benghazi was the biggest influence on my choice to vote, are you saying the Russians left our folks to die and blamed it on a video?

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

We do the same thing.Obama did it.

hootowl hootowl