The FBI:   Have you or anyone you know ever had any contact with the FBI, whether that be the FBI interrogating you, reports sent to the FBI, or you having made a phone call to report someone or something to the FBI?

Yes

JanHaskellPartyOfOneProdigalSonRoosterWalt_OReagunFlrdsgns

No

TrishDWFPiper2Will_JanitorSynysterGatesChuck_Tom

Other

Nobody :(

Piper2StarzAboveWill_JanitorCarlaProdigalSonRoosterBubSynysterGatesChuck_Tom
The FBI: Have you or anyone you know ever had any contact with the FBI, whether that be the FBI interrogating you, reports sent to the FBI, or you having made a phone call to report someone or something to the FBI?

Explained by StarzAbove...

I made a couple of phone calls to the FBI after the terrorist attack on 9/11. Also to report suspicious activity in the neighborhood. They acted quickly in both cases. So if you see something or someone acting out of character, do something, let them know.

I had a relative who worked for them many moons ago, but he has passed. I am not aware of having any contact with the FBI.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

I would love to see the shock and surprise when the FBI shows up on their front porch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUjUz_QEh48

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

Yes, I had to file a report for Identity theft a few months back and they busted the guy.
I also have a good friend who is head of the Cyber Crime unit in our local office.
He's always told me to contact him or file an online report as they get handled quicker.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Yes, I had to file a report for Identity...

That's very encouraging.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

I have toured the academy at Quantico, but never had actual business with any agents. It's ok with me if I never need to. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “I have toured the academy at Quantico, but...

(biggrin)

I had to file a report of credit card fraud to our local police department. I was a little scared, but once I talked to the detective, it was no big deal.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

Nope.

Carla Carla

Wouldn't help me one bit, I'm Canadian. (hehe)

But I have contacted CSIS aka Canadian Security Intelligence Service.They are the equal to FBI in the US. They are ex RCMP and military.

I've actually worked on a project within CSIS awhile back.

It's like fort Knox there.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

Yes I've had to talk with the FBI Cyber Crimes Unit before about someone they were investigating.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

In response to “Yes I've had to talk with the FBI Cyber...

Cyber bullying needs to be stopped.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

I've never felt the need to contact the FBI about anything. I'm not aware of anyone I know personally having done that, either.

Piper2 Piper2

I worked at the M.I.5 offices in Westminster and met a few agents...also while I was working up the palaces, I came in contact with some....

JD JD

In response to “I worked at the M.I.5 offices in Westminster...

I've been watching PBS lately about Queen Victoria. And right after that there was a documentary about the Tower of London, and was just wondering, have you ever been there?

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “I've been watching PBS lately about Queen...

As a kid, I went in there a few times but after that I passed it a lot as I went over London Bridge..

JD JD

In response to “As a kid, I went in there a few times but...

Thanks, I was curious. The documentary showed a lot of people visiting it.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “Thanks, I was curious. The documentary...

It's very popular, they have the beefeaters...

JD JD

In response to “It's very popular, they have the beefeaters...

What are beefeaters?

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “What are beefeaters?

JD JD

In response to “http://data.amirite.net/user_images/5a8c619861c...

Thanks, are they the Queen's guards?

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “Thanks, are they the Queen's guards?

I think they were guarding the Crown Jewels

JD JD

In response to “I think they were guarding the Crown Jewels

The crown jewels are amazing....wow.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

I've been interviewed by an FBI agent as part of an in-depth background check on a scientist being considered for a Federal research project.

JanHaskell JanHaskell

I worked at a RadioShack Franchise, and the regional FBI office called once to ask who was buying large quantities of large-gauge speaker wire. I guess they were worried it could be used for making large bombs, since it was shortly after the Oklahoma City Bombing.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

In response to “I worked at a RadioShack Franchise, and the...

Sounds like they were on the ball. Never underestimate the FBI, whether it be cyber bullying or other things, they will catch that person. And if one lies to the FBI, that's a federal offense.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “Sounds like they were on the ball. Never...

The funny thing is; when we told them it was being bought by car dealerships, stereo install shops, and HAM operators - they wanted to know what those places used it for.

Hmmm. I dunno. What *would* they be using "speaker wire" for? LOL

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

Had some ransomware once that claimed to be the FBI.

StickCaveman StickCaveman