What is the last thing you did that you would say was "out of character"?

PhilboydStudgePiper2JDStarzAboveOzSurferWill_JanitorCarlaRoosterSynysterGates

Explained by ProdigalSon...

I've been working late every night. I leave an empty office and walk right by a photocopier that is begging for me to scan one of my body parts. I'm just wondering if reckless impulse is still alive and well before I give in.

I don't do reckless impulse much anymore, but about 10 years ago, I was still a smoker. I was stuck in the Detroit airport for 8 hours and after about 4 drinks, I decided there had to be a place to sneak one. It was getting late and a portion of the area was only lit up by motion detectors. So I found a stairs going down to an emergency exit where it didn't look like the cameras could see. I lit one up and took 3 glorious puffs, then put it out and scampered back to the crowd of people. Once I got back I took off my coat and sat down to read my book. Then I saw 3 security guys fast walking toward where I had been. They never did get their man. Ha!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

I cussed at a woman that just wouldn't leave me alone. I wanted nothing to do with her as she is married but she wouldn't leave me alone. I had to insult her to make her stop and that's way out of character for me. So far? It's worked.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “I cussed at a woman that just wouldn't leave...

Wow, a damn shame you had to go that far but if it was the only way to get her to listen and back off you did what you had to do.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “Wow, a damn shame you had to go that far but...

I feel really bad about it but I don't date married women.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “I feel really bad about it but I don't date...

That's called integrity.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Well...i brought a man's wife into an argument. I feel badly about it, as I know i was wrong. And...i will apologize when a lie is admitted to.

Prodigal, scan it!:)

Carla Carla

In response to “Well...i brought a man's wife into an...

Do you even know the "it" I'm considering scanning? That was a risky go ahead you just gave me.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

In response to “Do you even know the "it" I'm...

Consider who else's "body parts" have been there before you. LOL Also, look for hidden cameras first and clear the memory in the copier.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Consider who else's "body parts" have...

Very sound advice. This is why I always try to post my actions before I do them.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

Sounds as though you have some experience;)

Carla Carla

In response to “Carla, Remember what I do...

:):)

Carla Carla

Ha Ha Ha!! Now that's funny!!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

I've seen it all. I don't see you trying to scan anything non accessible:)
Safety first and all.....

Carla Carla

In response to “(shh)

K....shhhh

Carla Carla

Just this Sunday.. I was trying to finish an acrylic painting (of a flower) for my daughter, and to make a long story short, I knock over a container of water. I started cursing because I know by the time I clean up the mess the paints I had been mixing will be dried on my palette. It's been a while since I've let my temper get the best of me.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “Just this Sunday.. I was trying to finish an...

Sometimes It's the simplest things that cause us to blow....

Carla Carla

I lost it on a guy that never re racks his weights at the gym. I told him at least 5 times it's gym policy to re rack weights and wipe down the bench after it's been used. I yelled at him ... probably thought I was insane. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “I lost it on a guy that never re racks his...

That really annoys me when they do that. I wanna hire you for my gym (hehe)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “That really annoys me when they do that. I...

LOL. The other one that annoys me is when someone takes 2 different sets of dumbbells. It's not like they can use both at the same time. I just walk over and take them, the guy says, Hey! I'm using them, I say ... I know. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “LOL. The other one that annoys me is when...

Wow I don't know I could do that haha! Another one I hate is when someone sits on the bench press to check their phone messages and 20 minutes later they are still there, or they leave their towel there and go off and chat and you have to keep asking, are you using this?

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Wow I don't know I could do that haha!...

Yeah yeah, i hate that too or they do a circuit workout which is prohibited at our gym.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Yeah yeah, i hate that too or they do a...

Oh I see. So you mean just doing one set on a machine then moving to another then back again is prohibited? as opposed to doing all your sets on one, then moving on etc?

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Oh I see. So you mean just doing one set on...

Yes. Say a guy uses the bench press,then he goes to the leg press, back to the bench, then incline machine etc ... They try and lock up three machines so they can circuit. It never works for them when I'm there. lol

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Yes. Say a guy uses the bench press,then he...

Yes I see. People do that at my gym but they are not allowed to hold a machine, so if they return to it and it's in use they just have to wait. So nobody does circuit training except during quiet times.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

I knocked a young man out...not me anymore...

JD JD

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “I don't do reckless impulse much anymore, but...

Wow. I can't wait until this caper gets the big screen treatment, lol.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

Oh...you scamp, you :)

Carla Carla

Just this afternoon I got into an argument with my son on the telephone and I hung up on him. That's the first time I've ever hung up on anyone, and hopefully the last.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Just this afternoon I got into an argument...

The kids can and do take your emotions further than we can control. They just have a way hitting that last nerve. Ha!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “The kids can and do take your emotions...

He takes everything too seriously.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

A comment I made on here, where I lost my temper. It's rare that I do that and I'm embarrassed about it.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “A comment I made on here, where I lost my...

Ehh, yea it happens.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon OP

Don't be embarrassed, sometimes that's the only way to get through to someone.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Don't be embarrassed, sometimes that's the...

Thanks, I didn't think of it like that.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “Thanks, I didn't think of it like that.

You're welcome. (hug)

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “You're welcome. (hug)

(hug)

OzSurfer OzSurfer

Took one of the cigarettes out of this little bag my mom has when she was gone shopping, and grabbed the lighter... Then for a second I actually considered smoking it. But I put it all back a second later, wondering what the hell got into me cause I know the horrible effects of smoking and never plan on smoking. Not until I'm old and close to death, at least. Then I'll probably try it out because I may as well if I don't have much time to live anyway.

Crimson Crimson