PhilboydStudgePiper2dru18BozetteWill_JanitorSukiesnowCarlaProdigalSonRoosterSynysterGatesSweetater
How many people on here do you think have multiple accounts? In looking at a few of the newer, or anonymous accounts, the comments, posts and agendas seem almost identical to certain other individuals. What do you think about it?

Explained by JustJimColo...

Do people generate fake accounts and make posts so it looks like "others" are agreeing with their agendas? I see some of these accounts come and go. Are these just "throw away" accounts, or accounts to reach people who have blocked them? Just curious.

I'm certain that people do. Especially when I see comments with 5 downvotes from "unregistered users". The **** couldn't be more obvious. Some people are so small they have to create a fiction that they're being agreed with and supported when I'm sure in reality no one wants anything to do with them.

Thibault Thibault

Good question.
I believe there are several who have multiple accounts and several sock accounts too. I have one but there is one that is Synyster which had to be changed to SynysterGates becasue of technical issues.

BTW, this is just my opinion, remember Every Opinion Matters. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Thibault Thibault

In response to “I'm certain that people do. Especially when I...

I've always wondered what those unregistered users mean, I thought it's some bug or something.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Lol, oh I'm sure there are a fair share. Don't you wish you had that kind of time? Or maybe you do.............

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

In response to “Lol, oh I'm sure there are a fair share...

LOL... If I had that kind of spare time, my wife would find a use for it.

JustJimColo JustJimColo OP

I'm also curious about that. The "why" is what bothers me. I barely have enough time to handle my own account without having another to bother with. As far as votes and agreeing on things? I think that's all rather childish although I've seen it on other sites too. I was a mod on blurtit for a few years and got pretty good at catching them. I see no need to make more than one account.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “I'm also curious about that. The...

That's because you're transparent Rooster. What we see, is what we get. People like you don't feel a need to hide behind a different name when you say something.

JustJimColo JustJimColo OP

I feel certain that there are, jim.
I try to pay attention to writing styles. And the seemingly intentional covering up of writing styles.
What a pain that must be...and the time. Geeze......

Carla Carla

In response to “I feel certain that there are, jim. I try...

How true Carla. I don't understand some people. You aren't going to agree with something I say just because I use a different name. Some people aren't as clever as they think they are.

JustJimColo JustJimColo OP

No, I don't. I say what's on my mind 99% of the time.

Rooster Rooster

I have no idea how many but I'm sure there are some.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

Mostly when people have more than one account, they do so to attack other members ...I know that some have changed names and avatars....I never have...

JD JD

In response to “Mostly when people have more than one...

Yup, Markymark was a sock account. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Yup, Markymark was a sock account. (hehe)

So was that nasty platinum...(hehe)(hehe)(maniac)(maniac)

JD JD

I don't try to keep up with them. I used to spend some time comparing and trying to figure them out, but all it did was piss me off, and piss them off when I challenged them. If someone wants to come back with a good attitude and have some fun, I'm all for it. If they are just a bad apple that wants to make trouble, they will show their colors soon enough. They usually can't help themselves. JMHO.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Pretty sure I know who McInsect is the sock for. Why do it? I imagine that they want to be able to post their more radical views without the criticism being directed at their main account. Pretty wimpy really. I just say all of my crazy shit right here.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

I was a moderator on two sites. one is still active one is not. First~ imp accounts are a part of the internet. 2nd~ The people who complain the most or point the fingers the most are usully the ones with the most multiple accounts. My experiance only but we were advised of that while training.

Sweetater Sweetater

I've noticed a few. I think if the rule against having more than one account is going to be enforced, it should not be be enforced so selectively.

Piper2 Piper2

I have to admit....so much of all this shit......the multiple accounts, the power plays, the associations; who's bonded to who......they all go past me. I have no idea. I rely on those far more savvy than myself to clue me in. I don't try to keep up with it.

Freeranger Freeranger

I guess that is some people's idea of fun.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

And it is the same worn out people, over and over again.

dru18 dru18

I had two once -because I somehow got locked out of the one I opened as furryanimal.When it started working again it was soon picked up.Its against site rules-if this is true and I honestly haven't noticed-Lets enforce them.

Blewynanifail Blewynanifail

I can't really say, usually people give themselves out because of their opinion, most used words or overall style of writing.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

I haven't been around much to see what the newest members are saying, but from before, I only know of one member that keeps coming back with different accounts after being suspended/banned. There's probably more, but I don't think it's that many. Maybe 3 people?

Sofia Sofia