Homosexuality =/= Bestiality

PhilboydStudgeCarlaProdigalSonDWFPiper2astral_queenPartyOfOneSofiaprimeiroLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredTrishStickCavemanMashaShoebill

Will_JanitorAloysious

PhilboydStudgePiper2OzSurferWill_JanitorPartyOfOneprimeiroCarlaProdigalSonSynysterGates
Homosexuality =/= Bestiality

Explained by Sofia...

I shouldn't have to say this, right? It's pretty obvious. One is about having relationships with people, other is around raping animals. But guess what I heard the other day? Yup, a guy comparing bestiality to homosexuality. YAY for ignorance.

It's not ignorance, it's hatred it's when people want to compare one thing to something worse to make it look bad. They know it's not the same, it's just more insulting that way.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “It's not ignorance, it's hatred it's when...

In SH there was some individuals like that.

Sofia Sofia OP

This is just a minority of irrational people trying to frighten the majority into their way of thinking. There's never any logic to people like this, it's all fear based and usually due to their own homosexuality that they can't come to terms with due to their upbringing.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

In response to “This is just a minority of irrational people...

"usually due to their own homosexuality" - I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case with this guy.

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “//"usually due to their own...

I'm sure there are exceptions but from what I've seen it's usually the ones that either act morally superior or hatefully like this that are usually harbouring some kind of issue that's either socially unacceptable or isn't but they feel has broken their own moral code. I've seen it so often, not just online but in real life, especially in politics and religion. They tend to deal with it by judging others in a hateful and illogical way.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

Lol, I've heard this before from people in my own family sadly. "Men marrying men? What so we should just let people marry whatever they want? Well maybe I want to marry my dog!"

I agree that it's comically facepalm worthy.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

In response to “Lol, I've heard this before from people in my...

If some relation of mine said that out loud, I probably would tell him his wife beat him to it. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

They are two different things...one is acceptable and one is disgusting and should be a criminal offence...

JD JD

Sadly...many people, here, equate the two. It was very often heard when the legalization of same **** marriage was in the works. Hard to fathom why people's minds go where they do...

Carla Carla

In response to “Sadly...many people, here, equate the two. It...

It's ridiculous. That and the paedophilia argument.

Sofia Sofia OP

It's not even a logical dot to connect. I have heard that idiotic statement before and there is no arguing with morons. So I don't! :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “It's not even a logical dot to connect. I...

For one side, I agree with that method. But I also believe in correcting the lie when told in front of me. I don't like the idea of hearing someone spreading wrong information and that information being believed, when I could've stopped it with just a few words.

Sofia Sofia OP

There are people on both sides of ANY issue, who will say anything to get a rise out of people. I doubt if many people believe what either side says when it comes to these crazy accusations.
Sometimes, these crazy accusations are said by people as a means to outrage people to further their own agendas. An example would be the waitress who claimed a patron refused to give her a tip because she was gay, and they wrote negative things on the receipt about gays. It made national news but was later found out to be a lie the waitress made up to get publicity. Take what some people say with a grain of salt.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “There are people on both sides of ANY issue...

Exactly! Such a stupid thing to do. It's just counterproductive. When people figure out it's a lie (and chances are, they will), then it just makes harder for everyone to believe when something actually happens.

Sofia Sofia OP

Now I know where *uck a duck comes from

Freeranger Freeranger

I certainly agree with the facepalm part. I've been hearing and reading those "slippery slope" comparisons for a long time now. It is unfortunate, that there ARE actually people who say they wish to marry their dog, and people who defend bestiality, incest and pedophilia.
I don't know any reasonable person, who actually believes that societal acceptance of homosexuals will lead to societal acceptance of any of those things.

Piper2 Piper2

This brings me flashbacks of SodaHead. (xp)
But yeah, it's a stupid argument (same as any other argument against homosexuality that I've seen so far).

primeiro primeiro

Was thinking beasts do it doggy style

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

Just to throw gas on the fire:

How genetically different does a pair have to be, to be bestiality?
I mean, we (humans) are evolved from a primate ancestor ... and there is scientific evidence that there were multiple humanoid species that bred with each other. IE: Neanderthal and "modern man"

Homo Sapiens variance ~ 0.1%
Home Sapien and Homo Neanderthalensis variance ~ 0.3%

So was "relations" between HS and HN bestiality?
If not - how much of a genetic difference is required? Or is it based on some perceived level of intelligence or civilization?

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

Makes me sad it even has to be said.

Trish Trish

I only met one homo who tried to explain it to me. He said "A hole is a hole."

that_guy that_guy

it's a genetically condition

Aloysious

This is seriously a claim? They are very clearly classified as 2 different things, in the dictionary and scholarship. People are always irrational about things they do not understand.

Shoebill