Piper2BozetteAdaWill_JanitorCarlaProdigalSonRoosterSynysterGates
Do you take part in public opinion polls or surveys outside of those at Amirite.com?

Yes, telephone surveys!

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I've never been asked my opinion on anything.
Just as well - I probably would refuse to answer.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I've never been asked my opinion on...

Thanks for taking part in this survey, lol... I appreciate it :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

You've never been through a drive thru and been asked to participate in a customer survey?

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

In response to “You've never been through a drive thru and...

At a drive thru? Like at a restaurant? No! Never.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “At a drive thru? Like at a restaurant? No!...

Surprising. Seems like every time I go to one they are throwing the receipt at me and telling me to call some number or go online to do the customer satisfaction survey and then thanking me and saying "have a good night!" as I stare at them and ask if I'm going to get my food.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

In response to “Surprising. Seems like every time I go to...

Oh, on the receipt - OK, yes, yes - I do remember seing some of those. Dunkin Donut I recall promising a free donut if I did. Never took the bait though.

Budwick Budwick

Lol @ forgetting the food they owed you :D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

I want your opinions, even though we rarely agree, I get a window into the other side.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “I want your opinions, even though we rarely...

You are always welcome to peek in my window Flanders. (biggrin)

Budwick Budwick

Yes, telephone surveys!

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Yes, telephone surveys!

I worked at Zogby International (polling and survey company) for 10 years and loved it. It was truly interesting to find where people's thoughts were on political issues and major news interests. It's been rare when I'd get a call at home for those types of interviews, though - I take part in them whenever they're available.

Thanks for taking part in this, Starz - it's always been good to get your points of view :)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Yes, once in a great while. Only if I know the company though!

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Yes, once in a great while. Only if I know...

Most of the time I'll participate with companies known to me when the general theme seems interesting. I won't do marketing surveys, though.

Thanks for taking part in this one, though - I always look forward to your point of view ;)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

By no means regularly but on occasion if I have the time when it is offered.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

In response to “By no means regularly but on occasion if I...

I used to get calls at home that were genuinely interesting but the few public opinion surveys I've responded to have been rare the last 3 years.

Thanks for giving your input, by the way - nice of you to take the time ;)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

No never. I always get e mails from my bank asking how was their service on my visit. Really? I shouldn't have gone into the bank in the first place.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “No never. I always get e mails from my bank...

Luckily I haven''t been bothered much for opinions by commercial businesses - I hope I haven't jinxed myself, now, lol.

Thanks for giving me some of your time, I'm grateful ;)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

I've participated in some polls related to campus life. This isn't the only place where I make my opinions known :P

Thibault Thibault

In response to “I've participated in some polls related to...

Well, I'm glad you took part in this survey - I appreciate your time and effort ;)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

I've partaken in phone surveys in the past. Cannot remember now what they were for. I did them when the caller was pleasant. But haven't been called in a very, very long time.
I guess I am out of the loop. I get dizzy, anyway:]

Carla Carla

In response to “I've partaken in phone surveys in the past...

Some of the polls and surveys that I've done were so interesting that I was disappointed when the end came - I wanted more :)

I wonder if poll and survey firms have decided to get most of their responses via websites instead of the phone since few people have published numbers. I haven't had those calls in a very long time, either

Lol... I've been dizzy and ditzy my whole life :P

Thanks for your time and comment, Carla - I couldn't have had nicer company ;)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “Some of the polls and surveys that I've done...

I think you are right about the website polls. Another human connection, lost.

And it is my pleasure, partyofone. Always:)

Carla Carla

Yes, sometimes if I have the time

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

In response to “Yes, sometimes if I have the time

Some of them have been pretty interesting, the ones I've come across, anyway :)

Thanks for taking part in the survey... I appreciate your contribution ;)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Every once in a while, when I answer an unknown number call. They've usually been political issue sorts of polls, which I've also taken part in via email, when it's a legislator sending it.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Every once in a while, when I answer an...

I've done the same :) I've never been the most political-savvy person, but I've tried to maintain a certain amount of legislation awareness. High praise for you by keeping abreast of certain legislation you'd find important.

Thanks for taking part in this miniature survey :) I've always appreciated your willingness to contribute to some of my posts - it's been very nice of you to do that :D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Back when I had a landline, I got those calls all the time...I used to have fun with them, but eventually they must have blacklisted me industry-wide for messing with them. 😂

I also occasionally answer polls when slumming other areas of the net, as well.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Back when I had a landline, I got those calls...

I used to do political polls and public opinion surveys for Zogby International for 10 years; toward the last few years I noticed a decline in the work I was getting through the call center. All I could think of was more of the respondents were submitting their views on web polls and not so much via phone - just a guess.

Naaahh, blacklist you? You're the embodiment of what pollsters are begging for, pinky-swear :D

Thanks for being here, doing what you do best - you're always a welcome plus ;D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

In response to “I used to do political polls and public...

No, I'm pretty sure I was blacklisted. They'd say something like "On a scale from 1 to 5, with 1 being the least and 5 being the greatest, how would you rate ___." For some reason they would never accept my response of "3-1/2". (biggrin)

Bozette Bozette

We used to get Quinnipiac calls until they kept asking for the person with the next birthday. One of us only had a window of about 6 weeks and the other was the rest of the year. When I pointed that out to them they quit calling. I see their results on TV a lot but I know it really isn't a fair poll.
I mostly avoid polls so it is a rarity if I do answer them.

ozzyboy ozzyboy

In response to “We used to get Quinnipiac calls until they...

Aah, okay :) The polls and surveys that I've responded to have been very interesting, educational, and fun, some to the point I didn't want them to end :D Over the last three years or so, I haven't had one call come in that was of interest to me so mine's been a rarity as well.

Thanks for taking part in this loose version of a survey - I appreciate your input, truly :D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Once in a while. The thing is, I never get asked about a place that had ** service. Now that would be fun, but that's probably why they still have ** service. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “Once in a while. The thing is, I never get...

LOL... very likely ;D

Thanks for sharing your time with me... nice to have you here ;)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP

Yes.I do frequently.

hootowl hootowl

In response to “Yes.I do frequently.

I used to as well - most of them were interesting and fun.

Thanks for taking part in this, I appreciate your response ;D

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne OP