Some updates on the Mass Shooting (Florida)

Sofia

Nobody :)

doctorwho1011Piper2OzSurferAdaCarlaProdigalSon

Disgusting, but not all surprising. It's much more comforting to some people to pretend that these tragedies didn't actually happen, that no one was shot, that no one died, that no one was actually affected by it than to have to face up to reality, to face to the fact that there's a serious problem in our country right now that causes it to have more mass shootings than any other developed nation, and that the problem is only getting worse. Instead heads are being buried in the sand, ears are covered, worthless conspiracy theories are shat out to avoid having to talk about anything, to avoid having to take action. I'm glad that these kids are not staying silent and accepting mass shootings as the "new normal". People aren't going to stand for this much longer. There is understandable rage at the ineffectiveness of our politics. The fact that the kids are receiving death threats only proves their point: their ideas are threatening to the people who deny reality. It can only be denied for so long. Waves are being made and some people are going to find themselves caught in the undertow.

Thibault Thibault

Crisis actors? Of course. Like how the children in Sandy Hook were also actors.
And after refusing to even talk about gun control, they considered **** a public health risk?

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “Crisis actors? Of course. Like how the...

Florida is f****d. They've had two horrendous mass shootings in the past couple years and their only response is one completely tone-deaf. No wonder these shootings keep happening.

Thibault Thibault

In response to “Florida is f****d. They've had two horrendous...

You would think people are aware that doing nothing won't make a problem like this just vanish.

Sofia Sofia OP

There are reports that he and his family have been receiving death threats. Another student has also come out saying he is receiving death threats. Classy civilization we're in.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

In response to “There are reports that he and his family have...

Why am I not surprised?

Sofia Sofia OP

I wouldn’t call it a civilisation at the current rate this world is going. Just my thought.

Masha Masha

(Florida) (hehe) You had to be specific, implying that there is a different mass shooting or two everyday. Mildly clever try, but I was not fooled by the mind conditioning attempt.

Sweetater Sweetater

In response to “**(Florida)** (hehe) You had to be...

"mind conditioning attempt." - I don't understand what you're talking about. Can you explain, please?

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “"mind conditioning attempt." - I...

Not again. I already explained, quite clearly too. I'm not being hostile. As I said, "mildly clever" to specify (Florida). Take it as a compliment.
You know what you did, (wink) and more importantly, so do I. (pce)

Sweetater Sweetater

In response to “Not again. I already explained, quite clearly...

No, you didn't explain.
I didn't said or insinuated you were being hostile so I don't understand why you're claiming to not be hostile.
I asked what do you mean, because I don't understand what you're talking about. I thought you were speaking of something in the video and I wasn't understanding what was it.
What I did was specifying the topic of the post - which is about a previous post I made about the Mass Shooting in Florida. This post is a update of a previous post. Whatever you think I did, I have no idea what it is. So again, can you explain it? I still don't understand what you think is happening here.

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “No, you didn't explain. I didn't said or...

I don't think there was a need to specify Florida in parenthesis. Unless there was a subliminal need.

What other mass shooting(s) would we be needing an update on...other than Florida?

By specifying Florida in parenthesis, it implies to the unknowing, that there are so many mass shootings everyday in America, that we need to be specific to keep track, therefore the need for tougher gun laws. You could have said mass shooting "in" Florida, but by using parenthesis (Florida), it was much more effective. I can't do any better that that to explain, Mildly clever...or lucky?

Sweetater Sweetater

In response to “I don't think there was a need to specify...

It's neither midly clever or lucky. That wasn't the point of it. I explained why I did it or why there was a "need" for it. it's just relating to the other post on the topic.

Thanks for explaining.

Sofia Sofia OP

Thibault Thibault

In response to “Disgusting, but not all surprising. It's much...

You sound like you were there. Were you?

Sweetater Sweetater

In response to “You sound like you were there. Were you?

Irrelevant. I did, however live near Newtown when Sandy Hook happened and I knew people affected by the shooting.

And yet the issue here is that one who was there and is telling his experience, is not being believed. So even being there doesn't guarantee that your account is worth anything.

Thibault Thibault

In response to “Irrelevant. I did, however live near Newtown...

So the answer is "no".

Sweetater Sweetater

In response to “So the answer is "no".

And it's irrelevant, as I said.

Thibault Thibault

I hope more people talk and get angry. It should've happened way before it got this bad, but better late than never.

Sofia Sofia OP

Who knows? "I wasn't there".(a)

Sweetater Sweetater

I don't waste my time listening to these creeps.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Yes...and our "president"?
He truly wants to arm the teachers. Give them a salary bump if they carry.
Dont pay them more because they are our youths educators. Pay them more to be security gaurds.
Let us imagine that. A shootout in the halls of our schools. A teacher with a pistol, a maniac with a weapon of war, with a death wish...guess who wins?
But please...let the manufacter and sale of these weapons continue. Its the american way, after all.....

Carla Carla

In response to “Yes...and our "president"? He truly...

Wait, wait... I thought he was looking into banning "bump stocks" (or something like that)? Now he's going along with arming the teachers?

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “Wait, wait... I thought he was looking into...

That is his main focus. Bump stocks, age restrictions, wait and see, that is lip service. He is beholding to the n r a. He will only do what is profitable to the firearm manufacturers.
Regardless of what the actual teachers want, that is his maga plan.
He said there are sooo many ex military people who are teachers and gun saavy. In his little mind, that is a solution.
How would you feel, as a student, to know your calculus teacher has a glock holstered to his ribs?

Carla Carla

In response to “That is his main focus. Bump stocks, age...

I really hope it's not lip service this time. This could be something good if it happened.

That's just insane.

Sofia Sofia OP

In response to “I really hope it's not lip service this time...

It could be. But we have to realize who is driving the bus.
My hope is this helps propel people to the polls this fall. The only way to stop the madness, that is our leadership, is to vote to regain balance. Right now the scale is tipped.
You should listen to the n r a chief, wayne lapierres speech that he gave today. It is the mania that the administration and staunch conservatives listen to. Guaranteed it will serve to reignite the "democrats want to take away our rights" insanity.

Carla Carla

I think you lose the debate on this one Carla. Imagine a trained and armed Principal confronting that little waif of an **** hat at Sandy Hook. She was the first one to meet him BEFORE he got through the door. Imagine her trained....and armed...confronting him RIGHT THERE!!
There IS no tragedy. WHY?? Because she's trained.....the freak living in mommy's basement was not. So lets picture her putting what....two rounds down range....in this case, the entry door. You think he continues to force his way in?
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic....8Obu0RV1cdwS0w
I think not. He dies at the door. So lets have that debate about training and arming educators who are willing and physically capable of volunteering. Working in schools as I do....I'd be the first one with my hand up.
Tired of the diatribe.

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “I think you lose the debate on this one...

I just think there is a better way.
I see a punk who believes that someone has a gun and that teacher is blasted before they recognize a threat.
Stray shots hitting bystanders. People not able to discern the good guy from the bad guy.
A bad player in class, or six, disarming that teacher....

I would much rather see armed security gaurds at the entrances. Someone concentrating on protection, only.
Still....kids practicing active shooter drills, not knowing who may blast them, or where. There is something very wrong.

Carla Carla

In response to “I just think there is a better way. I see a...

First off, part of the strategy is ensuring that no student knows that educator is armed. Secondly, as to stray shots, that's why they call it "training." You carry, you train----constantly. In nearby New Hampshire is a top flight training school called Sig Sauer Academy, who can tailor training to meet ANY demand.
Thirdly, when the shooting starts, you'll pick out your target in about a half a heart beat.
Again....see point one.

As would we all. However, what you're not considering is that, schools in this day and age struggle to meet their budgets, and the district in which I personally work in is stretched tight to a breaking point, with the question of laying off personnel habitually part of the discussion, so factoring in that support, in this case, security guards, (which I wholly support), raises the district's budget. Throw in med
tal detectors (which are not always a solution due to the many-fold access/egress points in a school building) and your budget has now gone through the roof.

So, to me, the solution is to train those who volunteer, and are willing TO put the training time in to be armed. As I've said elsewhere, these perps are actually cowards. When they discover that an armed response awaits, they are not going to hang around. The whole reason behind shooting up a school is the attention it brings the perp----that and knowing they are free to select his/her targets BECAUSE they are secure in the knowledge that no one carries within that school. Change the damn dynamic!

There are going to be no easy solutions on this one, only tough and creative solutions, which I have stated above.....yet blaming it all on an AR rifle and banning them is, and never was, a solution.

Freeranger Freeranger

Carla, This is one of those arguments where you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't. I've never been much of an advocate of letting teachers be armed because I personally don't think many teachers are emotionally capable of, nor should they be in a position, to make life or death decisions. A school district 30 miles from me just passed a resolution to arm some teachers, and I think they are at least going about it the right way. The teachers will first undergo and have to pass, a psychological exam. Then they will have at least 40 hours of training in active shooter situations, range time, and other training. Time will tell if this helps. (That's actually more training than some security guards get)

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Unfortunately, Sofia, the problems here are much deeper than a few **** on YouTube. There are really two main issues: those who do not believe the official narrative and the response to this, and other, shootings.

First off, regarding those who don't believe the official narrative, maybe we should be asking why, exactly, that is. Is it, perhaps, because our government routinely lies to us? Because the MSM routinely lies to us? Because evidence of the narrative is rarely forthcoming these days, when such was standard procedure in the past? Is it because as far back as 50+ years ago the government proposed using actors, false-flag (but very real) attacks on citizens, as well as hoax events, to advance an agenda? All of the above. The difference today is that 50 years ago no one knew our government was capable of such deceit. Or our media. Yet still today, few are willing to admit these things are true...though more and more are asking questions, and the internet supplies the means to do so, and doing so is necessary, if at times insensitive.

One of the biggest problems with people questioning the official narratives of tragic events is three-fold: people want information instantly; the media pops off with speculation disguised as "news" instantly via 24/7 coverage and (especially) social media platforms; and government officials are not always responsible and factual in their communications with either the media or the public, often having to backtrack to correct earlier statements. This is irresponsible of both the media and the government and unreasonable of the public.

Secondly, every time a tragedy occurs, a great many in the media, in politics, and among the general population begin loudly demanding knee-jerk reactions. I'd remind people that is how we got the PATRIOT Act, the DHS, the TSA, and the billions those cost us yearly, along with the loss of rights and privacy, as well as endless wars that have already cost trillions of dollars, millions of lives, the displacement of millions more from their homes and homelands, and the resulting cultural and financial difficulties Europe is experiencing right now.

Yes, we have issues that need addressing. Yes, we can do more to reduce mass shootings and gun violence. But we need to approach the issue by looking at facts and evaluating the root causes of the problems and the most effective means of fixing them, not by trying to put bandaids on the symptoms in a fit of emotion and anger that amounts to nothing more than temporarily feeling good and righteous.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Unfortunately, Sofia, the problems here are...

Everyone should question anything. The problem isn't questioning. The problem is when people continue to push a falsehood despite evidence to the contrary. Most people unfortunately confront these issues not with a completely mind (I'm not claiming that I do either) but with a pre-conceived narrative that they're trying to bolster (whether it's pro-government, anti-government, anti-gun, what have you). If less people did that, we might get some real truth out there, we might have an actual dialogue, and we might avoid useless knee-jerk reactions that only make everything worse in the end.

Thibault Thibault

In response to “Everyone should question anything. The...

I said that questioning is necessary, not that it was a problem, Thibault.

It is true that when confronted with evidence disproving something they have presented, many will not accept that. I twice proved a YouTuber wrong in claims he made regarding this shooting. His response was to remove my comments with the links proving him wrong, despite the fact that I did so in a very respectful manner. (The same has happened right here on this site, btw.) Both claims would have never arisen in the first place, however, had the media outlets been less sloppy in their reporting.

Agreed. We are all biased. We all need to be as honest as we are biased. JMHO

Bozette Bozette

Arm volunteer teachers who are willing to be trained....and physically capable. Case closed

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “Arm volunteer teachers who are willing to be...

That is a measure I fully support. My brother teaches in an inner-city school, is trained and has a CCW, and you cannot even tell he is armed when carrying concealed.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “That is a measure I fully support. My...

and yet, MSM prepares to keep the frenzy whipped up over the firearm which, as we know, sells newspapers.
When they finally realize that arming them goes from having a soft target, to making it a hard target in which these perps no longer dare to assault, the numbers will show the truth. However.....I don't think they like the solution. Idiots.

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “and yet, MSM prepares to keep the frenzy...

The MSM doesn't like solutions period. Solutions aren't news.

Bozette Bozette

This is one of those damned if you do and damned if you don't. The people who will criticize arming teachers are the same ones who will criticize not arming teaches, based solely on the political affiliation of the person making the call.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “This is one of those damned if you do and...

It is. Those unfortunately who are screaming the loudest, calling for their idea of a bold idea are unwilling to consider a bold solution/initiative.

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “It is. Those unfortunately who are screaming...

Politics, being what they are, will make people oppose any bold initiative by the other side in "fear" of it working. (Past experience has show that new "laws", don't change anything.)

JustJimColo JustJimColo