Yes

astral_queenDWFDW2BudwickBozettehootowlOzSurferJerryHendricksonWill_JanitorJustJimColoRoosterSynysterGates

No

VicZincAloysious

What?

Nobody :(

Other

ZonkeyBalls

BozetteOzSurferZonkeyBallsRoosterChuck_Tom
So in your eyes and the eyes of whatever Religion/ Faith you are.. if a person is trying to murder you or a loved one.. yet you kill them instead in the act of defending your Life or the Life of a loved one.. Does that vindicate the killing of another?

Anyone who tries to take my life or my families, has forfeited their own.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Self defence....anyone trying to kill me or a loved one, is a murderer and I will kill them with whatever I can get my hands on and would not blink....

JD JD

It does to me! Just like in combat....better thee than me! Mess with my family or myself? Be prepared for the consequences.

Rooster Rooster

I can not speak for God of course. I can't even speak for all Christians - there are many interpretations of how God might feel about self defense.

But, Exodus 22 gives some clues about God’s attitude toward self-defense: “If a thief is caught breaking in at night and is struck a fatal blow, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed; but if it happens after sunrise, the defender is guilty of bloodshed” . Two basic principles taught in this text are the right to own private property and the right to defend that property. The full exercise of the right to self-defense, however, depended on the situation. No one ought not be too quick to use deadly force against another, even someone who means to do him harm. If someone was set upon by a thief in the middle of the night and, in the confusion of the moment the would-be thief was killed, the Law did not charge the homeowner with murder. But, if the thief was caught in the house during the day, when the homeowner was unlikely to be awoken from sleep, then the Law forbade the killing of the thief. Essentially, the Law said that homeowners shouldn’t be quick to kill or attack thieves in their home.

The Bible does not forbid self-defense, and believers are allowed to defend themselves and their families. But the fact that we are permitted to defend ourselves does not necessarily mean we must do so in every situation. Knowing God’s heart through reading His Word and relying on “the wisdom that comes from heaven” will help us know how to best respond in situations that might call for self-defense.

Budwick Budwick

It's self defense and if you attempt to kill me or my family I'll do whatever it takes to protect them, if it means death then so be it.

In the years I was in kickboxing, we were taught to finish the opponent in a real life situation. I'm trained to do that in a live or die situation.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “It's self defense and if you attempt to kill...

Me too Syn. :)

DW2 DW2 OP

JustJimColo JustJimColo

There is the act of aggression/pre-meditation, and then there is the act of defensive response. I believe it does.

Freeranger Freeranger

"Thou Shalt not Kill" doesn't apply when you have no reasonable choice. My religion is not established by a church; I read the book and interpret it as God would have me understand it. If I go to church and listen to the interpretation of others, the message is tainted. It's like when you learn of something from the 10th person who heard the story; it's always changed.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

If someone has to die it's better if it's the one who started the fight

DWF DWF

That would be an accident. How on Earth could I have a pleasant chat with the person in custody (I assume) otherwise?

No. It doesn't. I should've done something differently. Every ** life is precious, even if the ** don't understand it themselves.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

I'm simply trying to keep the dark side of me not reappearing.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

But, I guess I lost it.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

Well... Some of the comments have disappeared, magically.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

I'm not sure I understand the last sentence of your question. Self defense and defending others from a killer are totally justified in my mind. I don't know about the vindication of killing another. May I'm reading too much into it.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “I'm not sure I understand the last sentence...

Nope you aren’t. Just wondering how many would feel “vindicated”. :)

DW2 DW2 OP

clear difference between Murder an self defense
Sgt. York....best answer ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyJTfuau3hw

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “Love that movie!

me to brother..... me to

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

Sure, if it's me or them, or a loved one or them, the choice is clear. Although if it was someone who had become psychotic and wasn't necessarily a bad person, I really would want to find another alternative but not at the expense of me or my loved one.

OzSurfer OzSurfer

Yes. We all have the right to defend ourselves and others.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

So after you killed somebody in self defense.. could you live with yourself?

DW2 DW2 OP

In response to “So after you killed somebody in self...

Nobody can know the answer to that question unless they've actually lived it. Some of us would be shattered and others less affected but it would definitely take a toll.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

I think so, but hopefully I'll never find out.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

We get rid of evil.

hootowl hootowl