10. Hell yeah i mean it and I Love You!

TrishDWF

9. Hell yeah I mean it!

astral_queen

8. It’s something I say politely but I mean it

PhilboydStudgeWill_JanitorRooster

7. I say it and mean it most of the time

SofiaTheCensoredBritSunny_the_skepticProdigalSon

6. I say it but don’t really mean it

Nobody :(

5. I don’t say it

Blewynanifail

4. Why should I wish you more than me?

DW2

3. I hope you have a horrible day.

Nobody :(

2. Burn in Hell all of you!!

Nobody :(

1. Gonna have to require overtime.

Nobody :(

Other

Piper2ZonkeyBalls

PhilboydStudgePiper2SofiaWill_JanitorSukiesnowZonkeyBallsProdigalSonRoosterSynysterGatesChuck_Tom
“Have a good day!” How many times that phrase is said is it actually meant? Out of 10..

Depends. If someone is being an annoyance, I say that as a polite "**** off". If it's just normal conversation, I mean it.

Sofia Sofia

I actually use a chart for these kinds of events, although not strictly putting any of such combinations of the phrases used into any categories, which might or might not contradict either themselves or certain ingredients... This is getting boring. What was the... Oh... That.

A) You do know, that you're my best friend, even though I haven't had a decent chat with you in a week?
B) I really like that new squirrel-koala hybrid offspring jumping around. Now I know, what the Jack Flash part was about in that song.
C) You know, I never said, that I would be interested in painting any miniature Nippon warriors from the first of the last of the middle ages, ** Chinese wars kung-fu what-the-** are we on about here?
D) I'm sorry, but I think that's my pizza in the oven.
E) Stop. Hammer time.
F) **** off.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

In response to “I actually use a chart for these kinds of...

Have a good day dude. :)

DW2 DW2 OP

We don't say it like Americans ...if we say it , we mean it...I'm not sure if it's just a saying or they actually mean it...it always sounds genuine...

JD JD

I always say it to people I write with and I mean it.

Rooster Rooster

Sofia Sofia

I'd say I mean it about 70% of the time....it's said as a bit of a habitual goodbye.

ProdigalSon ProdigalSon

Sometimes people mean it and sometimes they don't. Lets face it, it's hard for someone to really mean it, right after they've read you your rights.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

I usually mean it unless I'm saying it sarcastically.

Linnster Linnster

I'd like as many people as possible to have a good day as long as they aren't really ****, which most people I interact with aren't

DWF DWF

If I don't mean it, I don't say it. Unless I'm pissed and say it sarcastically. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

It's something I say automatically, even at night.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

It's a polite, automatic response for me, though not quite as automatic as saying, "god bless you" after a person sneezes.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

I'm pretty sure I've not used that exact phrasing much, if ever. When other people say it though, I generally do say "thank you, you too"...

Piper2 Piper2

Honestly at work I think I mean it one out of ten times. Outside of work it is more voluntary and I think I mean it 9 out of ten times. Though I probably say it ten times more at work. Therefore the math is against me being a good person. :)

DW2 DW2 OP