Explained by urwutuis...

Forget party affiliation, they all work for corporate interests. Showing two parties gives us the illusion of choice where none exists. The 1% own and control the country. The rest of us have absolutely no influence whatsoever on govt policy whether foreign or domestic and it will only change when the majority recognizes that fact and joins together to defeat it. Congress has the lowest approval rating ever and yet 95% will be reelected. Now we're using electronic voting machines making elections a bigger joke than they already were. Exit polls from the last election made it clear that votes were not being tallied accurately. The fact that they don't allow exit polls anymore is a clue and a half. Recounts? Good luck with that. Since they got away with 9/11 they don't even try to hide it anymore. One look at the Trump admin makes it obvious they do whatever they want safe in the knowledge that the American public will buy the same **** time and time again.

Still better than the alternative though

I agree, that's one of the reasons I never vote any longer. It just makes no difference.

Flrdsgns Flrdsgns

Thomas Jefferson warned of the 2 party system

so what's new

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “Still better than the alternative though

There's more than one alternative
Publicly funded elections with a paper trail and dump electoral college would work 4 me.

urwutuis urwutuis OP

In response to “There's more than one alternative Publicly...

By alternative I meant not voting, but yeah, there are a bunch of reforms that I'd totally back.

I thought elections were to manipulate us and put us in our places...

In response to “I thought elections were to manipulate us and...

That's what police are for

urwutuis urwutuis OP

Elections are to create a perception that you have some influence on the government. Which we don't. What freedoms we have or have lost depends a lot on where you live and what your local government is like. The less dependent on things the government controls the more independent you become. JMHO

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Maybe. I'll still go ahead and vote though, just in case.

Piper2 Piper2