JustJimColoBudwickSynysterGatesRoosterastral_queenJerryHendricksonAdaVicZincPiper2fuzalaLorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundredMashaGet_the_LayshootowlMfknPapaBearTiffaneeCreamcrackeredBubChuck_Tom

Nobody :)

Piper2BudwickBozetteAdaMashaprimeiroRoosterBubRose_BudSynysterGatesChuck_Tom
It doesn’t matter if you are liberal or conservative. One thing we all hate, are telemarketers and phone scams.

Explained by JustJimColo...

Law enforcement can trace a call to a kid who calls into a school within minutes. They can also triangulate a call made from a cell phone. Why can’t they set up a task force targeting criminal phone scams and telemarketers? The US’s “Do Not Call List”, is a joke. I’ve been on it for over 10 years and I still get the regular calls from, “Hello. My name is Heather with account services….”. These call’s must very successful in targeting the elderly and less informed. Why doesn’t law enforcement actually go after them? How much is lost to taxpayers in $$$ and time from these scams? Of note, government phone numbers and large businesses rarely receive those kinds of calls. Why can’t they fix it for the rest of us?

Our "do not call list" is a joke too. I have had way too many calls on my cell from telemarketers trying to scam something.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

On my cell phone, I use an app called Mr. Number. It blocks numbers identified by other users as Scams, etc. You can also block selected numbers yourself. It works well.

I don't know of anything like that for land lines. Our provider has a 'feature' we can block up to 30 numbers - whoop-de-doo. And, I have to online to enter the numbers - not user friendly.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “On my cell phone, I use an app called Mr...

I endorse the recommendation for Mr. Number. Very useful.

primeiro primeiro

In response to “I endorse the recommendation for Mr. Number...

Thanks, Just added the app to my phone.

JustJimColo JustJimColo OP

I just got nailed by one the other day when I called Glarysoft's tech support line. It was a phony number and I had to listen to their speech about paying $498.00 to clean up my PC. What a joke and I notified Glarysoft about it also.
I get at least three calls a week from credit cards to Canadian pharmacies and this is a pretty new number.
I don't know what the solution is but I sure wish they would do SOMETHING!!!!

Rooster Rooster

I have fun with them. Toilet flushing or pretending that I'm ridiculously excited by the call. Acting drunk is fun too.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “I have fun with them. Toilet flushing or...

If it's a "live" woman on the other end, I start by asking her what she is wearing. They usually hang up.

JustJimColo JustJimColo OP

I get very few calls like this. If they call during the day, they get my answering machine and the robocalls must have some sensor that disconnects the call if a real person doesn't answer. We are plagued with these calls at work - a large law firm - and you can usually tell because the moment you say "hello," some woman with a voice that could pierce an ear drum starts talking. I just hang up.

Linnster Linnster

For sure. It is supposedly pretty hard to "catch" the scammers, due to their increasingly wily ways of avoiding identification.

I do get a quite of few those calls, on my landline. Sometimes when I notice the same number calling relentlessly, I will answer and just say if they call again, I'll report the number. Sometimes it works...

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “For sure. It is supposedly pretty hard to...

I know the technology exists and it is available to law enforcement. What doesn't exist is a push to use it for this.

JustJimColo JustJimColo OP

We always liked messing with them...this guy gets the prize, though:

https://youtu.be/rBfsdkGeMc8

Bozette Bozette

Yes I do hate those unsolicited calls, also political calls should be banned as well - but hey that website to block callers is probably the list they use to make calls

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

That surprises me - The Brits are usually very nice to animals, their veterinarians must go to school lots longer than in other countries. Always a bad seed in every situation. He should never hit the dog with a post like that, unless it is killing him, which is not what I see.

I block those suckers faster then they come in, they all have fake names when the call you so I just call them by the name that shows up and boy do the hang up quickly (hehe)

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud

I’ve never met anyone who likes fake calls.(hehe)

Masha Masha

In one day I had 17 calls.

hootowl hootowl