How much more can Trump lie, and how much more can we take? (Or, that piece of shit in the oval office just removed the ban on trophy hunting)
  • Topics:LawMurder
  • Featured on the home page on Mar 16th 2018
  • Post Of The Day on Mar 17th 2018

TiffaneeStarzAboveSukiesnowJPMatthewsCarlaFlrdsgns

Explained by dru18...

The White House just rolled out it's gun suggestions, and guess what, lowering the age, and background checks didn't make the cut. Surprise? Also, that piece of shit occupying the oval office will be rolling back the ban on trophy hunting animals who are on the endangered list, specifically elephants and lions. Robert Muller, the whole country looks to you.

Does that surprise you? He just gave his sons a gift. That is what that is about. It will always ever be about him.

Carla Carla

Carla Carla

In response to “Does that surprise you? He just gave his sons...

Yep, if it doesn't have the last name Trump on it, it means nothing.

dru18 dru18 OP

Well once we've gone so low, we can only go up

He won't be president forever. Thank God for small favors like 2 term limits

fuzala fuzala

Looking at the NPR story you posted, it's really not clear that Trump is a villian here. According to the article:

In a memo dated March 1, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said that in place of the Obama-era blanket ban, the agency will consider importation permits "on a case-by-case basis."

the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the Obama administration had acted improperly in implementing its ban.

The memo:

"In response to the D.C. Circuit Court's opinion ... the Service hereby withdraws, effective immediately, the 2014 and 2015 Endangered Species Act (ESA) enhancement findings for trophies of African elephants..."

So it looks to me like the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service was forced by the courts to set aside the Obama era ban, so until or unless a legally binding ban is put in place, there is no ban, so Fish and Wildlife has no choice but to consider requests on a case by case basis. But it is completely within their power to say no in every case.

As for Trump,

It is also not clear what role was played in the decision by the president, who has publicly expressed his opposition several times to rolling back the ban.

Maze Maze

In response to “nicely done

nicely swallowed.

dru18 dru18 OP

In response to “Looking at the NPR story you posted, it's...

He has NOT expressed his opposition several times to rolling back the ban!!!

He tried to lift the ban several months ago and got tremendous push back. Now he sneakily lifted it this weekend.

dru18 dru18 OP

In response to “He has NOT expressed his opposition several...

When I said Trump "has publicly expressed his opposition several times to rolling back the ban," it was a direct quote from the NPR article you provided.

Maze Maze

In response to “When I said Trump "has publicly expressed...

I didn't provide any article.

dru18 dru18 OP

In response to “I didn't provide any article.

I provided THREE articles relating to Trump reversing the ban and that comment seems to somehow have disappeared. How strange.

Let me refresh my comment:

Chicago Tribune, March 6, 2018
WASHINGTON

"The Trump administration has quietly decided once again to allow Americans to import the body parts of African elephants shot for sport, despite presidential tweets decrying the practice as a "horror show."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/n...306-story.html

March 7, 2018, CBS News

"The Trump administration is lifting the ban on importing sport-hunted elephant trophies from several African countries, in spite of the fact that the president said in November that he would be "very hard-pressed to change his mind" on the "horror show" of sports trophies. Certain trophies, ... will be considered "on a case-by-case basis," according to a March 1 document that was released, but not publicized, by the Interior Department."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tr...hant-trophies/

March 5, 2018 - NPR

"The Trump administration has lifted a ban on importing sport-hunted trophies of elephants from certain African countries, just over three months after President Trump appeared to pause a first attempt to do so amid public uproar. In a memo dated March 1, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said that in place of the Obama-era blanket ban, the agency will consider importation permits "on a case-by-case basis."

The memo, which was not publicized by the agency, did not clarify the specific guidelines by which the permits would be judged."

https://www.npr.org/sections/th...trophy-imports

Linnster Linnster

In response to “I provided THREE articles relating to Trump...

Oh, okay, he had replied to me commenting on the "article" I had provided him and I was doing a little head scratching.

Thank you for providing those and giving evidence, that once again, yes, Trump is an empty vessel that has to be guided. Usually by people that are worse than he is.

dru18 dru18 OP

In response to “Oh, okay, he had replied to me commenting on...

When he insisted on seeing some "proof," I did some research. He must have thought he was responding to you.

Linnster Linnster

When I first took a look at this post, there were less than half the number of comments than listed. Seems a slew of them disappeared.....

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “When I first took a look at this post, there...

I'm pretty sure the person asking for proof removed one of his comments wherein he appeared to have only seen my citation from the Chicago Tribune, which he pooh poohed. When I responded that he obviously only read the first line, we got into an exchange which is what seems to have been deleted. If he took out his comment, all of the rest would have gone with it.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “I'm pretty sure the person asking for proof...

I see.....thanks. I was wondering what happened.

Piper2 Piper2

So, with that complete and reasonable explanation I've learned that the original post by the OP is hyperbole, twisted facts and lies!

Fascinating.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “So, with that complete and reasonable...

Budwick his administration lifted the ban last weekend. Where are you having a problem?

dru18 dru18 OP

No, I don't think so.

The NRA and the Safari Club won a lawsuit in December regarding the ban, and of course, Trump reversed his stand on the matter.

dru18 dru18 OP

In response to “No, I don't think so. The NRA and the...

I frankly don't understand why someone would want to hunt an elephant. But I am aware that if there's money to be made by having a healthy elephant population that can sustain hunting, that's probably a stronger motivation for doing what's necessary to have a healthy elephant population than any kind of ethical considerations. I mean, we kill a lot of cows, but cow populations are doing just fine.

Maze Maze

In response to “I frankly don't understand why someone would...

I mean, we kill a lot of cows, but cow populations are doing just fine.

Oh wow, is all I can say. Are cows on the endangered list, because when they make that list then we can seriously consider that last statement of yours.

You do realize that none of that money from the hunts is making its way into conservation? That money will end up in the pockets of the corrupt governments of Africa, especially Zimbabwe.

dru18 dru18 OP

In response to “I mean, we kill a lot of cows, but cow...

Cows might be on the endangered list if they had been seen as a liability rather than an asset.

The biggest threats to elephant populations are habitat loss and poaching, those things will happen without any legal hunting. What legal hunting can do is provide an incentive to make sure there are elephants to hunt.

I don't like it, but hunting could be the only thing preventing elephants from becoming extinct. Because as the human population in Africa grows, elephants are increasingly being seen by average Africans as something that destroys crops: a liability.

A corrupt government won't care about habitat if there's no money in it for them, nor will they have anything to gain by going after poachers.

Maze Maze

In response to “Cows might be on the endangered list if they...

Once again, I am not against hunting IF the numbers are healthy.

You are acting like lifting the ban will help with conservation, and I am telling you that it won't.

No, actually elephants bring in tons of tourist dollars, as do lions. If both animals continue to shrink in numbers at the present alarming rate, they can kiss that revenue and the jobs that go with it, goodbye.

A corrupt government won't care about habitat, period!

dru18 dru18 OP

In response to “Once again, I am not against hunting IF the...

If it was up to me, nobody would hunt elephants. If banning imports of elephant parts helps preserve their population, great, ban them. I'm just saying you shouldn't automatically assume that banning all hunting of a species will save it.

Maze Maze

In response to “If it was up to me, nobody would hunt...

Of course not, because you still have poaching to deal with.

But banning wolf hunting in this country for many decades certainly helped that species.

dru18 dru18 OP

Just when we think he has hit bottom, he goes deeper. Screwing around with a **** star, does exactly what the NRA tells him to do, in bed with Putin, what's next? The man is as corrupt as they come, and why anyone still defends him is beyond the pale.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Just when we think he has hit bottom, he goes...

And firing just about everyone in his cabinet. Don''t forget that one.

dru18 dru18 OP

In response to “And firing just about everyone in his...

Exactly, and the way he fired Tilleson is so cruel. By twitter. What a low class person Trump really is.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “Exactly, and the way he fired Tilleson is so...

I saw today with complete disgust. Nobody will last long with that moron. They are either being fired or jumping ship.

dru18 dru18 OP

In response to “I saw today with complete disgust. Nobody...

Trump's right hand guy was fired today and was escorted out of the building, didn't even have time to get his coat, and now he's an adviser in the Trump campaign. Go figure. Another crook!!!!

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “https://m.popkey.co/4423bc/drv7R_s-200x150.gif

You know where the door is.

dru18 dru18 OP

In response to “You know where the door is.

I was wondering if I should make a post about you and Peapod. You do remember that drama huh?
Wouldn't that make a good post.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “I was wondering if I should make a post about...

If that is how you get your giggles, go ahead, although I would suspect everyone knows the story by now.

dru18 dru18 OP

In response to “If that is how you get your giggles, go...

Sure, why not laugh at your expense. You gotta know I don't give a shit about you. Dead or alive I couldn't care a less.

Am I block worthy now?

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Sure, why not laugh at your expense. You...

Nope, didn't even notice.

And once again, NOPE, not worth the click.

dru18 dru18 OP

I haven’t heard it. I can’t wait! Is it a documentary!

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud

In response to “I haven’t heard it. I can’t wait!...

I would wait for the film version, myself. :)

dru18 dru18 OP

In response to “I would wait for the film version, myself. :)

Must be real good for it to be on the big screen (hehe)

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud

In response to “Must be real good for it to be on the big...

A little surreal mixed in with horror and science fiction.

Yes, it is Oscar worthy.

dru18 dru18 OP

I just recently heard about this, which I find a little odd. I'm not surprised about the reversal of the reversal of the ban on the import of elephant, lion and other animal "trophies", though.

The court ruling the FWS referred to in their statement, was brought about by a lawsuit filed by Safari International and the NRA, two powerful trophy hunting advocates and lobbyists. The FWS in under The Department of the Interior, which is headed by an avid sport hunter. Then of course, we have Trump's trophy hunting sons...
Funny how one of the reasons used in the court ruling in support of reversing the Obama administration ban, was lack of inviting public comment. Seems to me, that this latest move was pretty hush-hush.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I just recently heard about this, which I...

On Saturday when nobody was paying attention.

dru18 dru18 OP

In response to “On Saturday when nobody was paying attention.

I missed the brief after the fact comments about it, by the White House press secretary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...=.05486b05017e

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I missed the brief //after the fact//...

Oh Sanders is a pro at that.

Maybe things will change. But first you have to give a shit, something Trump is incapable of doing.

dru18 dru18 OP

In response to “Oh Sanders is a pro at that. Maybe things...

I can't claim to just what Trump gives a shit about, except for being "successful" and fawned over.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I can't claim to just what Trump gives a shit...

Yep, that about sums up the man's life.

dru18 dru18 OP

They rarely want public comment when they know it will be counter to their position and doing it on a Saturday (in the middle of the night?) is an even better barometer that they are doing something that is not publicly favored.

Linnster Linnster

In response to “They rarely want public comment when they...

So it seems, and it's sure as hell not okay. :/

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “So it seems, and it's sure as hell **not**...

No, it is not okay!

Linnster Linnster

I’m still trying to figure what he lied about, I think I may need a drink for this one

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud

In response to “I’m still trying to figure what he lied...

You and me both. :)

DW2 DW2

In response to “You and me both. :)

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud

I'm trying to figure out what he didn't lie about, actually.

Trish Trish

In response to “I'm trying to figure out what he didn't lie...

show me what you got, then i'll show you what Obama really did lie about

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud

In response to “show me what you got, then i'll show you what...

I'll list a few off the top of my head. There are thousands more (literally). Here are some: He'd spend all his time at the White house and "never" golf, He'd protect Social Security and Medicare, He'd get Mexico to pay for "The Wall", He'd bring coal back, He's not a sexual predator. Also, here's a decent list: https://www.nytimes.com/interac...umps-lies.html

Trish Trish

In response to “I'll list a few off the top of my head. There...

Thanks for the laugh you just made my day!

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud

In response to “Thanks for the laugh you just made my...

There's really nothing funny about it.

Trish Trish

In response to “There's really nothing funny about it.

Perhaps your eye sight is fogged and your brain is cloudy, or is it the other way around 🤔

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud

What I posted. He was for the ban back in November for no other reason, except that he liked elephants.

But with the NRA and the Safari Club winning their lawsuit against the ban in December, he has reversed his stand on the matter. As he always does.

dru18 dru18 OP

That was pretty vague. What exactly do you disagree with and why?

DW2 DW2

In response to “That was pretty vague. What exactly do you...

Pretty senseless if you ask me, it just gives liberals something to complain about, never met a happy liberal (hehe)

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud

In response to “What is...

The NY Times. :)

DW2 DW2

In response to “The NY Times. :)

Well you sure as hell won't get it from Fox News.

dru18 dru18 OP

HE and his ilk need to go.

Trish Trish

In response to “HE and his ilk need to go.

That is why I actually hoping he DOESN'T get impeached but rather voted out, so the whole damn outfit goes.

dru18 dru18 OP