Have you ever participated in an "Escape Room" game?

Yes

PhilboydStudgeDWFThibaultFinnishHighschoolMan

No

TrishOzSurferSukiesnowSynysterGatesEchooosFlrdsgns

What's an escape room?

Nobody :(

Other

Nobody :(

PhilboydStudgeTiffaneeOzSurferAdaSukiesnow

Explained by Thibault...

An "escape room" is a live-action puzzle game where you and a group of friends enter a room or series of rooms that you then try to escape by solving logic and math puzzles: there may be hidden messages, locked boxes, riddles, and clues can be hidden anywhere in the room. An escape room facility will usually have several different rooms set up, each with their own theme (often horror-related) and level of difficulty. You and your group typically have an hour to solve it and can solicit the staff for hints if you are stuck. If you have a good group, it can be a fun teamwork exercise. I participated in one this weekend in NYC and I really liked it. My friends and I solved it with 4 minutes to spare.

I haven't, but it sounds like fun. The closest I've come is one of those dinner/murder mystery evenings.

Freeranger Freeranger

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “I haven't, but it sounds like fun. The...

My friends and I have done that too! I grew up on board games and other inventive immersive group games. Things like that are more fun than many people give them credit for.

Thibault Thibault OP

In response to “My friends and I have done that too! I grew...

More people should try it. You get to work with other dinner guests whom you've never met. I like them.

Freeranger Freeranger

Yes. It was fun, but had I not made any valuable contribution (and that was a real possibility) it would been less so.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

This is the sort of senario where I tend to sit back and listen a lot...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “This is the sort of senario where I tend to...

I'm trying really, really hard to imagine you sitting back. ;)

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “I'm trying really, really hard to imagine you...

Ha ha if that's an innuendo.

I was in a group...we were working on one of those survival games - our plane crashed north of Quebec...what to do...we got a list of items we could pick to help us...they wanted to pick a bottle of champers from the list...I tried to explain why that wasn't a good idea...(this was in the 90s) to no avail...so I finally just sat back and tried to look interested. :)

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

It sounds like so much fun! I never thought anything like this existed until now. It reminds me of a movie I once watched called The Cube...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0123755/

OzSurfer OzSurfer