Do you know the story of Adam and Eve's dog?

Yes

Will_JanitorZonkeyBalls

No

Piper2BudwickThinkerbellprimeiroSynysterGatesChuck_Tom

Adam and Eve who?

Nobody :(

Other

Sukiesnow

PhilboydStudgePiper2TiffaneeBozetteAdaSukiesnowThinkerbellprimeiroCarlaZonkeyBallsRoosterSynysterGatesChuck_Tom

Explained by Will_Janitor...

Story of Adam & Eve's Dog Adam and Eve said, "Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you anymore. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us. "And God said, "I will create a companion for you that will be with you and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves." And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve. And it was a good animal and God was pleased. And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail. And Adam said, "Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal." And God said, "I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG." And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them. And they were comforted. And God was pleased. And Dog was content and wagged his tail. After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said, "Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well." And God said, "I will create for them a companion who will be with them and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration." And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve. And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they were reminded that they were not the Supreme Beings. And Adam and Eve learned humility. And they were greatly improved. And God was pleased. And Dog was happy. And the Cat . . . didn't give a shit one way or the other…….

(hehe)(hehe)

Yeah, that's a cat for you. Not a cat lover at all, especially ones with glasses.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

(hehe)(hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “(hehe)(hehe) Yeah, that's a cat for you. Not...

Oh, I like cats.

But there are a few exceptions. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Oh, I like cats. But there are a few...

I'm a dog lover, never owed cat. But if it makes you feel better, I like catwoman. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “I'm a dog lover, never owed cat. But if it...

A lot of guys do... even Batman. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “A lot of guys do... even Batman...

(hello)(hello) Yup we do.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “(hello)(hello) Yup we...

Wonder Woman likes her too. (hehe)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Ligers?

Just the nearsighted ones. (hehe)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

Hahah! xD Thank you for sharing that.

primeiro primeiro

Good one as I don't care much for cats either.

Rooster Rooster

I've never heard this delightful story.
Thanks very much for sharing.

Budwick Budwick

Cute...so I won't mention all the times a cat has found their way home to their person(s), barely able to walk. (smile)

Piper2 Piper2

Love most animals, but love dogs much more than cats..

JD JD

Cute. Worth the read...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

Thank you, will. And welcome home.:)

Btw...im a dog person. And oh yes, i have always had cats:) spoiled, rotten, cats.

Carla Carla

In response to “Thank you, will. And welcome...

My cousin has 5 cats. It's always amusing to see the cats when I go visit her. They are cute creatures. It's fun to stare directly at their eyes and watch them stare back. :P

She also has 2 dogs, but I don't see them around the house much.

primeiro primeiro

Thanks Carla! Trying to catch up with 300 emails, but couldn't resist sharing. 😊

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor OP

Cute....thanks for sharing. Cats are too arrogant, I prefer dogs. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Wait a minute, Will!

There are many names of God in Hebrew, and none of them spelled backwards is 'dog' in Hebrew. And don't tell me they spoke English back in the Garden of Eden. English hadn't been invented yet. (biggrin)

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Wait a minute, Will! There are many names of...

The devil is in the details. Don't be a stinkerbell. Ha!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor OP

In response to “Wouldn't dream of being a Stinkerbell...

Ha Ha! That's my gal!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor OP

Cats just make me laugh. They are only for entertainment. 🤣

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor OP

Ha.....good one Will. "Here kitty...."

Freeranger Freeranger