What are your thoughts on the UK expelling 23 Russian diplomats and taking other measures against Russia over the poisoning of a British spy and his daughter in London?

PhilboydStudgeBozetteAda_Howler_

Explained by Maze...

So a British spy and his daughter were poisoned in London. Investigators think the poison was a nerve agent made in Russia, but have not captured any suspects or identified a motive. The spy had been convicted in Russia of passing information to MI6 but was returned to England in a spy swap. Russia denies any involvement in the incident and has offered to co-operate. .... ... ... .... ... ... .... ... ... ... ... ... .. ... ... In response, British Prime Minister Theresa May has expelled 23 Russian Diplomats, calling them undeclared intelligence officers, frozen Russian assets, and suspended high level contact with the Russian government. . .. .. ... . .. . .. .. .. .. .Is this a reasonable response? Could it have been some other group trying to make it look like Russia did it, to drive a wedge between England and Russia? If so, their plan has worked brilliantly. Or is Russia really so diplomatically clumsy that they'd use chemical weapons to kill someone in England who they could have easily killed when he was in their custody? I don't know, frankly I think the whole thing stinks.

I've got to agree with you. Russia may be many things, but inept they are not.

Bozette Bozette

Bozette Bozette

Targeting individuals would not be out of character for Putin. Several Russian expatriates have died suspicious deaths - many from alleged poisoning.

The U.K. has the right to defend their sovereignty.

Another good question: why hasn't the U.S. responded to Russian interference in our elections?

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “Targeting individuals would not be out of...

Maybe because we do the same thing to them?

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “Maybe because we do the same thing to them?

And how did they respond? Putin called us out. They kicked the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in 2012.

“[They did it] in 2000, and in 2012, this always happened. But especially aggressively in 2012. I will not go into details,” Putin said.

"The decision was taken mainly because the work of the agency's officials far from always responded to the stated goals of development and humanitarian cooperation. We are talking about attempts to influence political processes through its grants," the foreign ministry said in a statement.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-19644897

https://www.rt.com/news/392531-...s-putin-stone/

I'm all for the U.S. being less hypocritical, but I would prefer we stop interfering in other countries' elections instead so that we can respond from a position of honesty the next time a foreign government interferes with ours.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

I'll wait until more details come out.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “I'll wait until more details come out.

I agree Jim ...much too soon to react...

JD JD

She should have waited until more evidence has come out...let's face it, the Russian was a spy and they sell out their own countries and considering May allows 1000s of terrorists to remain in this country, one traitor does not compere....

JD JD

In response to “She should have waited until more evidence...

May and Trudeau make a great pair. Trudeau invites terrorists in our country and thinks everything is okay.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “May and Trudeau make a great pair. Trudeau...

They don't get the priorities right .....or seem to care...spies are traitors to at least one country and she is putting this Russian ahead of our safety..

JD JD

Is Trudeau banning people with far-right views from visiting, as the UK now is?

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Is Trudeau banning people with far-right...

G20: Activists Arrested, Denied Entry into Canada

We Are Change founder Luke Rudkowski and fellow activists were denied access into Canada. In a telephone interview with Infowars.com, Luke said he was detained for nearly five hours by Homeland Security and Canadian Customs police on the border in Buffalo, New York. Agents went through his car and laptop looking for anything to arrest and detain the activists. After the Canadians denied Luke, Kelly, and Matt entry into the country, Homeland Security on the American side of the border questioned them once again.

https://www.infowars.com/g20-ac...y-into-canada/

Maze Maze OP

In response to “G20: Activists Arrested, Denied Entry into...

Okay, I remember Alex Jones being detained, but eventually allowed entry several years ago.

Just recently the UK detained and questioned Brittany Pettibone (American) and Martin Sellner (Austrian leader of Génération Identitaire) from Friday to Sunday before deporting them. Then Lauren Southern (Canadian) was detained for several hours, questioned, and deported. Michael Savage and Pamela Geller have also been refused entry.

http://thegatewaypundit.com/201...e-detained-uk/

http://www.foxnews.com/world/20...ism-islam.html

Whether anyone agrees with these folks or not, trying to silence them simply gives them a larger audience. In fact, the very speech they stopped Sellner from giving was given by someone else during his detention, and another will be read by Tommy Robinson - the very person the three were there to meet and the reason they were denied entry.

Bozette Bozette

He's not banning no one ... letting in anyone who wants to come in. Criminals, murderers, terrorists .. you name it and he'll let them in.
I think he's related to Katy Perry with all this co- existing BS. lol

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “He's not banning no one ... letting in anyone...

Oh, you mean this Katy Perry? :

"I think that the greatest thing we can do is just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like we all need to just co-exist."

Who lives behind these gates?

😂

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Oh, you mean //this// Katy Perry? : ...

Yup exactly

24 Sussex Dr ... Prime Minister's house

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Yup exactly 24 Sussex Dr ... Prime...

"Kumbayafest for thee...but not for we." The utter hypocrisy is mind-bending.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “"Kumbayafest for thee...but not for...

To be fair, the house is under renovation (for now) but he grew up there when his dad was PM.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “To be fair, the house is under renovation...

Color me skeptical, but I doubt eliminating the gates is on the renovation list.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Color me skeptical, but I doubt eliminating...

Probably thicker rod iron gate. Him and his wife have had a few death threats.

No... it wasn't me. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

They got away with poisoning Litvinienko. Russia seems to know they can assassinate people (their own people, that is) and get away with it. It happens all the time in Russia itself; opposition figures are shot right in the center of Moscow and no one is ever punished for it. Russia thinks they can do whatever they want whenever they want--something they may have picked up on from the U.S.

Now is it less wrong when the U.K. and U.S. and Israel assassinate people just because Russia does it more indecorously? Of course not. Even so, the U.K. is allowed to respond appropriately to an attack on their soil. Putin does not make relations between his country and others easy.

Also, just because the public doesn't have all the evidence doesn't mean May isn't privy to some other form of evidence that indicates Russia; these things are notoriously secretive (I believe it was said the agent used was a Novichok agent, which are developed by Russia and date back to Soviet times).

Either way, it's unfortunate when relations between countries sour. Ideally every country would have amicable relations with every other country. So it's disheartening when we seem to be taking backward steps.

Thibault Thibault

I stand behind their decision as I stood behind Obama's, when he expelled 35.

dru18 dru18

Spies are good at killing people, they're professionals, if Russia wanted to kill that guy, they'd do it in a way that couldn't be traced back to them. It's too obvious, too convenient, the reaction from Britain was a little too hasty. My **** meter is in the red on that one, it looks like a set up.

Maze Maze OP

In response to “Spies are good at killing people, they're...

Oh no,...Russia could never fail at an attempted assassination could they?

dru18 dru18

In response to “Oh no,...Russia could never fail at an...

If the act was carried out by the Russian government, that would mean the full weight of the Russian military's assassination abilities would come to bear on the task.

I'm sure they have all sorts of ways to take someone out, most of which would look like accidents or naturally occurring illnesses. To use a Soviet era nerve agent that's identifiable and only made in Russia is ridiculously amateurish, to the point that I find it unbelievable.

It's also exactly the sort of thing someone would do if they wanted cook some sh*t up and pin it on Russia. I find it highly suspicious.

Here's an alternate theory that seems kind of obvious to me: The Soviets provided that nerve agent to one of their satellites in the Middle East during the cold war. The government that obtained it was toppled from power and the poison fell into the hands of ISIS or some other terror group. The terrorists targeted a known British spy in England to stir up an incident between the West and Russia, maybe even spark a conflict.

Terrorism is asymmetric warfare, you have to expect the unexpected.

Maze Maze OP

In response to “If the act was carried out by the Russian...

Pin it on the Russians? Since when has anyone in this country counted Russia as one of our friends.

They have no idea of what became of that nerve gas after the eighties and I find that highly disturbing.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Pin it on the Russians? Since when has anyone...

The Soviet Union collapsed in 1989. Since then, relations with Russia have been generally positive, I'd like to keep it that way. As such, I wouldn't go making accusations unless I could prove they were behind it. I don't think the evidence that's been offered so far rises to that level.

I'm not really surprised that nerve gas got loose, the Soviet government collapsed, and one of their major proxies, Libya, was toppled by the Obama administration and fell to terrorists. It's not like Gaddafi is in a position to keep control of that stuff if he had it.

Maze Maze OP

In response to “The Soviet Union collapsed in 1989. Since...

Oh God, Maze, yes the evidence supports the FACT that Russia was behind the meddling of our 2016 election!

Even Trump finally got that one right.

Where do you think Russia has been hunky-dory with us since the eighties. Especially, Putin's Russia.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Oh God, Maze, yes the evidence supports the...

There was no evidence of vote rigging or any direct interference in the election. What they're accused of basically amounts to communicating with the American public, and the instances brought forward so far have been underwhelming, small potatoes.

As a somewhat unbiased outsider, it was clear to me that half of Trump's success was because of Trump, his likeablility, his platform, and the other half was how fundamentally unlikeable Hillary Clinton is.

Yes, people were worried about the potential for conflict with Russia if Clinton was elected, but that was due to her extremely antagonistic stance towards Russia.

It was clear to me, as I'm sure it was to most Americans, that Russia preferred Trump, who could blame them? He wasn't openly threatening them like Clinton was.

It was also clear to me though, that the entire mainstream media with the exception of Fox were firmly on Clinton's side. Late night comedy hasn't been funny for 2 f**king years, it's pathetic. They don't even seem to care that they're not funny as long as they're scoring political points, the studio audience isn't even laughing, they just clap and cheer. Even Canada's state broadcaster, the CBC was and is heavily biased against Trump and in favor of Clinton, not even the pretense of impartiality.

Meanwhile, the "alternative media" I've been following who all hated Dubya, praised Obama's election rhetoric and then criticized his actions in office, all the honest, independent news sources liked Trump a lot more than
they liked Clinton.

Maze Maze OP

In response to “There was no evidence of vote rigging or any...

Maze, we do not support anybody who does not allow for free speech in their country or a fair election. Putin is a murderer and no, we normally do not back murderers.

As far as how much of an impact they had on our election, we simply do not know and may never know. But we do know that they meddled on FB and through hacking the DNC.

And we do know that Trump has done NOTHING to make sure that doesn't happen again.

On Clintons side?! You have got to be kidding me. CNN has already stated that their coverage of Trumps rallies, along with the constant reporting of the steady drips of Clinton emails, helped get Trump elected.

dru18 dru18

In response to “Maze, we do not support anybody who does not...

What about China? They are open communists who sell off the organs of political prisoners. Does Russia do that? Yet everything on the store shelf is made in China, they're buying up the west, and no political rowe over Xi making himself President for life.

NSA Officials and Computer Expert: Forensic Evidence Proves DNC Emails Were LEAKED, Not Hacked http://washingtonsblog.com/2017...ot-hacked.html

WOW! BREAKING=> Julian Assange Suggests Seth Rich – Who Was MURDERED in DC – Was Wikileaks DNC Source!
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com...-shot-dead-dc/

FBI NOT PROBING DNC STAFFER SETH RICH’S MURDER, DESPITE WIKILEAKS CLAIM
http://www.newsweek.com/seth-ri...ils-fbi-610383

Witness the real manipulation, brought to you by the camera of Right Side Broadcasting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v...tZGU&t=87s

Maze Maze OP

In response to “What about China? They are open communists...

Who said this country was a real big fan of China?

Still buying into anything the internet tells you, I see. Didn't the debacle of FB teach you anything?

dru18 dru18