Don't be to quick to judge, look at yourself before you speak, AM I rite

PhilboydStudgeVicZincLil_PrincessDandyDonBozetteWill_JanitorMashaazlottoRoosterBubRose_BudSynysterGatesFlrdsgns_Howler_

Explained by Rose_Bud...

The way i see it is... who died and made you walk on water...think of yourself before you judge other, no one is perfect no matter how godly you live your life

This is true.

azlotto azlotto

No one likes a arrogant ****....they're worse than a normal one.

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “No one likes a arrogant ****....they're worse...

Same goes for the jackass....same family. But there is a difference between being arrogant and confident...

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud OP

I live by this rule for those that try to judge me:

I get judged a lot by the way I talk...cause I say "Ain't, yonder, and y'all" those are all terms spoken by uneducated person or so I have heard and read but a news flash with me is I hold two college degrees and have an IQ of 135 so please continue to judge me...I choose not to show off (crs)

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “I live by this rule for those that try to...

I couldn't agree more Princess....I talk how I talk reguardless of my degrees and IQ and I don't care what others say, I'm here to please no one...so with that I leave this..

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud OP

I think it's more important to listen to what a person says, not how they say it.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “I think it's more important to listen to what...

I agree but sadly not a lot of people do that.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “I agree but sadly not a lot of people do that.

I've met some people who talked very elegantly but were as dumb as a box of rocks, and I've spent time with some people who didn't speak well, who were sharp as a tac. It doesn't take long to figure out if someone's words are wisdom or BS.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “I've met some people who talked very...

I have me a few like that too

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

Indubidably!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “Indubidably!

I always like say that word..lol (hehe)

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud OP

We all judge other people, based on what's important to "us", and it really has nothing to do with their religious beliefs, or mine. I judge people on the way they treat animals, how they treat people who can do nothing for them, how honest they are and their level of integrity. It may not work for everybody but it works for me.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Notice the Sin in the meme. (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Self-righteousness can easily become judgmental so beware of both...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

case in point
I went out, dug through a snowbank, found just the board
cut cut cut, glue, some screws and a bit of toolbox liner an wala!

I needed a stitching post
so taking a warped junk board , giving it new life

top open

top closed

I don't care what people say how junkie it looks
1. it works as designed
2. it's not theirs

when stitching Leather, one uses 2 needles at the same time
it's called Double stitching

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “case in point I went out, dug through a...

What’s important is that it will serve its purpose like its suppose to. If you don’t mind me asking what are you making? Thank you Neanderthal!

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud OP

In response to “What’s important is that it will serve...

things that need stitchin, things like fieldnote holder

fancy ammo pouches

it's not work
if one loves what they do

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “things that need stitchin, things like...

I would tend to agree. Thank you!

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud OP

something about removing the beams from our own eyes first?

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “something about removing the beams from our...

That indeed would be wise.

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud OP

The thing about judging others is that often a direct correlation is missing. People tend to judge others on things they don't (or think they don't) do. It's rather easy to judge someone on something you've never faced or never would face...or don't think you've done.

I got an education from a 19-year old this weekend. He is being judged rather harshly, and I know the judgement isn't deserved. My first instinct is to call the person judging him an ****. (Which he is.) But his is to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, despite knowing he is wrongly judged. At 19 he displays more wisdom than most people I know, myself included.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “The thing about judging others is that often...

It is a shame that people are to quick to judge basically they assume. There are a few younger people are wise beyond years and I praise them for it especially nowadays. Thanks Bozette!

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud OP

We make judgments on various teachings and ideas every day, including our own. The biblical mentality of making judgments applies to any situation where a person is openly committing an error against God and His Word—whether that person is living in sin, such as adultery or homosexual behavior, or compromising God’s Word and causing others to stumble and doubt His Word. We even make judgments of our children’s actions as we work to help them see their sinful condition before God, and point them to the gospel, in order that they might be saved and grow in obedience to God and His Word.

The key is making righteous judgments so that we can point people to the gospel. God’s Word gives us a clear standard to abide by, and the Holy Spirit guides us in what is right, wrong, true, and false. In order to make judgments righteously, we should be striving to live righteously and allowing the Word of God to be our foundation in every area of our thinking.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “We make judgments on various teachings and...

Bud thank you so much for that. I could not have said more perfect! I agree wholeheartedly! There’s nothing more for me to add thank you!

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud OP

“Why judge the speck in your brother’s eye when you fail to see the log in your own?” has been circulating my mind lately.

Masha Masha

In response to ““Why judge the speck in your...

I do like that, thank you Masha!

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud OP

Hi I'm symplycurious and I am not perfect

symplycurious symplycurious

In response to “Hi I'm symplycurious and I am not perfect

Neither am I. Thank you curious!

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud OP

I've never interpreted anything in the Bible to mean "don't judge."

Humans have to judge, if we don't we'll go extinct. Jesus was pretty harsh to the religious leaders of his time, he held nothing back in his criticism of them. He also instructed his disciples to practice his words, not simply to speak them. This would be inherently contradictory were he simultaneously telling them not to issue any judgements whatsoever.

That's where righteous judgement comes in. I perceive this as something like learning from the mistakes of others. That was his one of expectations of us, that we would abandon acceptance of a lesser version of ourselves and instead strive for something higher than that.

The highest form of judgement I can imagine is to spare oneself and those around them the pain that is associated with grave errors. If you witness such an instance, you have the ability to learn from that and spare yourself and others the pain, or at minimum, the irritation of repeating it. Why wouldn't you, if you could?

I think Matthew 7 was him putting his finger on how our egos, when unchecked, completely invert everything... Even something a simple as one of the most precious gifts we possess: the ability to judge potential outcomes beforehand, among other things.

But that's just my take on it.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “I've never interpreted anything in the Bible...

Thank you ForkNdaRoad

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud OP

In response to “Thank you ForkNdaRoad

Most welcome

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

The problem is that many or most people don't judge. They merely obey universal laws.

There was an incident in Texas a few years back. Two white guys tied a black guy to their pickup and dragged him until he died. A KKK official came from out of state to do his own investigation and he made a statement on tv. He said "That boy prob'ly stole something from them and they was jist payin' him back. Race had nothing to do with it." See, in his mind it was universal law that all blacks are named "boy", they are all thieves, the penalty for theft is death, and it's perfectly alright to execute him without a trial."

that_guy that_guy

In response to “The problem is that many or most people don't...

Alrighty then, thanks guy!

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud OP

"The problem is that many or most people don't judge. They merely obey universal laws."

Touche'

Or they choose not to judge for purely selfish reasons. Perhaps they fear judgement of themselves (read: ego) or think others will be more accepting of them if they don't (read: ego).

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad