ezhilVicZinc

Will_Janitor

Will_Janitor
Is it sensible to call even flimsy activities such as biggest cakes made, staying inside a glass cabin with poisonous snakes etc as records? The credibility of record certifying companies such as Guinness Book of Records are doubtful.

Explained by ezhil...

Records of global or national importance only must be recognized as world records. Often very trivial activities are branded as records and glorified. This smacks of poor mentality to assess the importance any human activity.Records in the sports arena such as Olympics etc are of no use to the mankind as sports are meant for physical fitness and recreation. Such records cause only cut throat competition leading to negation of sportsmanship.

They can have a record for anything they want and it won't bother me one bit. If it bothers you, you're way too easily bothered. I disagree with your entire description. Records have no effect on anything at all but those achieving them. Competition is a good thing; without it we wouldn't progress.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

I mean, the only reason that book exists is "fun" so...

DWF DWF

Being confined with poisonous snakes is hardly "flimsy" or "trivial". Glorifying such idiocy is...well, idiotic.

Sports are meant for different things in different realms. Sometimes the goal is fitness. Other times glory. Often it's just for money.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Being confined with poisonous snakes is...

Yes such feats are idiotic!
The only sensible goal of sports is fitness. All other goals are misguided ones indulged in by those who cannot do anything worthwhile, leading to problems such as cut throat competition, physical ailments in the sports persons etc.

ezhil OP

In response to “Yes such feats are idiotic! The only...

Using sports as a means to glory or wealth is no different than using other means towards those ends. It's not for me, but neither is it my place to dictate to others.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Using sports as a means to glory or wealth is...

No one wants to dictate to others on how to earn their bread and fame. But the point lost here is the fact that all these records and the so called achievements are useful to no one other than the achiever. It speaks about their level.

ezhil OP

In response to “No one wants to dictate to others on how to...

We all do things that are of no value to anyone but ourselves. Provided what others do is of no harm to me, it's none of my business.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “We all do things that are of no value to...

All of us may do some things which are of no use to others but we don't claim Guinness Record certificate for such acts.

ezhil OP

In response to “All of us may do some things which are of no...

As long as Guinness remains a viable business, I assume there is a market for what they offer. Neither Guinness nor the recordholders are bothering me. If they are bothering you...I would suggest that is a personal problem.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “As long as Guinness remains a viable...

I am happy that you have accepted that Guinness is a business.Records of business people cannot vouch for the genuineness of it. Nothing is a personal. Every thing on earth has something to do with others. Le us not simply ignore this fact.

ezhil OP

In response to “I am happy that you have accepted that...

I never claimed it was not. Genuineness of it?

True, but everything on earth does not affect everyone. More than many people recognize, but not everything/everyone. Fact.

Bozette Bozette

More Guinness records? Nooooooo!!!

Freeranger Freeranger

Some records, I can understand being interesting. The worlds tallest person or the number of most pushups are examples. Then there is the guy who gets in the record book for spinning a basketball on a toothbrush while holding it in his mouth for exactly 22.41 seconds

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Some records, I can understand being...

It is alright .But making it a great feat and making money out of it is not a dignified activity.

ezhil OP

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “They can have a record for anything they want...

Competition with monetary rewards has caused immense harm to the sports activity. People have made it their profession. What progress these records have achieved?

ezhil OP

In response to “Competition with monetary rewards has caused...

Who gives a shit? Only you.
If they can earn a living by setting World's record it's absolutely none of your damn business.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “Who gives a shit? Only you. If they can earn...

Setting a world record, which is no use to others, for a living is not a dignified way of living. Very very mean!

ezhil OP

In response to “Setting a world record, which is no use to...

Quit yer damn sniveling. You're just jealous.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “Quit yer damn sniveling. You're just jealous.

I am not a competitor for all those so called great records. Why should be jealous? Let us not glorify mean acts as records which will send a wrong signal to our children.

ezhil OP

In response to “I am not a competitor for all those so called...

You should probably stop smoking cat shit.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “You should probably stop smoking cat shit.

I feel sad that I have to deal with people like you. Being an open forum any Tom, **** and Harry can enter the discussion.

ezhil OP

In response to “https://youtu.be/Nc52OMftJSk

I don't have time to watch your video, You can write whatever you want to convey

ezhil OP

In response to “I don't have time to watch your video, You...

But it's very funny; I'm sure that you will laugh. You should watch it, believe me. I still laugh after watching it many times.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “But it's very funny; I'm sure that you will...

Even the Charlie Chaplin comedies make me feel that they are for children and not for mature adults. The acts in such films appear awkward and disgusting for me.

ezhil OP

In response to “Even the Charlie Chaplin comedies make me...

You're impossible to please. disgusting? Man, you seriously need to chill the **** out.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “You're impossible to please. disgusting?...

Thanks, I cannot think like you, agreed. I am in a different plane altogether

ezhil OP

In response to “I feel sad that I have to deal with people...

Feel glad that people like Jerry are willing to take the time to speak to you at all!

What's your problem with records anyway - because it glorifies the .... INDIVIDUAL? If the Grand Pubah Dictator didn't do it - it's not worth doing?

Budwick Budwick

I don't have a problem with what people want to do while wasting their time. If they want to make the biggest donut in the world, fine. If they want to buy the Guinness Book of World Records, that's fine too. Personally, I don't have an interest in making huge donuts or reading the book. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “I don't have a problem with what people want...

Then there are the women who want the largest breasts in the world....

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Then there are the women who want the largest...

"Such silly records get certified as great feat" is a tragedy

ezhil OP

In response to “"Such silly records get certified as...

You mean there is finally something we agree on??

JustJimColo JustJimColo

We should not become complacent that all is well. We should analyse what is happening around us because every activity will have some bearing on every other person.

ezhil OP

In response to “We should not become complacent that all is...

You are completely out of your mind.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “You are completely out of your mind.

Thanks.

ezhil OP

In response to “Thanks.

I'm all for the legalization of weed but you've got to practice moderation dude.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “I'm all for the legalization of weed but...

Let us not hesitate to call an ** **

ezhil OP

In response to “Let us not hesitate to call an **** ****

I guess. Might as well call things what they are. It sure beats the Hell out of political correctness.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “I guess. Might as well call things what they...

What is your political correctness?

ezhil OP

In response to “What is your political correctness?

It's the way in which people sugarcoat the things that they say and do based on what is considered to be acceptable by the liberals. For instance: it used to be acceptable to call the person who delivered the mail the "mailman." So as not to hurt the feelings of the female mail carrier, we are urged to just call them mail carriers. Any trade with the word "man" in it is thus changed. It's complicated and covers many areas besides, such as sexual identity, race, religion or lack thereof.
It's foolish.

here is wikipedia's explanation:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P...al_correctness

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “It's the way in which people sugarcoat the...

Let us talk about the original view about the world records which are often silly and just gimmicks, not having any relevance or use. Populist stunts and feats may bring some amusement but cannot be considered as great human endeavors worthy of mention.

ezhil OP

In response to “Let us talk about the original view about the...

Have you ever done anything worthy of mention? ...

Anything? Anything at all.

Budwick Budwick

ezhil OP