China's Social Credit system is downright Orwellian.  Did you ever think you would see this in your lifetime?  (More below, and more links in the comment section.)

PhilboydStudgePiper2BudwickForkNdaRoadAdaWill_JanitorPartyOfOneSukiesnowRoosterSynysterGates
China's Social Credit system is downright Orwellian. Did you ever think you would see this in your lifetime? (More below, and more links in the comment section.)

Explained by Bozette...

When fully implemented, scores will be based on your financial dealings, legal history, shopping, online interactions and searches, how often you visit your parents, whether you recycle or give blood, etc. It is all-encompassing. It can determine if you qualify for a loan, credit card, or driver's license; can buy property; can send your child to a private school; can travel abroad; or even if you can take a train or plane...and a lot more.

We knew they weren't exerting such control over the internet for no reason.

In truth, most American haven't the slightest clue how sheltered we are, how fortunate we really are... Even given our problems.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

Kee-rist! Is that Communism at work or the sign of a true dictatorship ? Never read such crap before. Pure crap if you ask me!
Guess I wouldn't have much of a score there!

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Kee-rist! Is that Communism at work or the...

This was actually begun in 2013, from what I can find, though it won't be fully implemented for a couple more years. I just heard about this. The mind boggles.

Bozette Bozette OP

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “True!

A buddy of mine traveled through there recently for work. When he arrived at his hotel alongside another white man, the hotel worker tried to book them into a room together. They weren't together, they were clearly from two different countries, but the hotel manager insisted this was their practice.

What disturbed him most was that the hotel manager, who spoke little english, seemed completely aware the two of them didn't know each other and were complete strangers from completely different countries, but still insisted they share a room. The whole thing was bizarre.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “A buddy of mine traveled through there...

That's an eye opener, definitely bizarre, and a VERY uncomfortable position. Governments, around the world, are getting to be shittier by the day.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

In response to “That's an eye opener, definitely bizarre, and...

Right? Over here we might whip out our camera phone and get virtual evidence of something so strange.

Do that over there and you may not be seen again for quite some time.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “Right? Over here we might whip out our camera...

Or seen ever again.

Best wishes to you with the rest of your day ;)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

In response to “We knew they weren't exerting such control...

Apparently there's a show called Black Mirror that has portrayed the social credit system.

https://youtu.be/YrpK90bHO2U

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “Interesting...

I don't know if you were aware of the massive purge of alt-rights, conservatives, and some libertarians from social media recently, but as of mid December at least one platform (Twatter) is banning people based on their online activity outside of Twitter.

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “I don't know if you were aware of the massive...

I did not know that. What sort of "outside" activity are we talking about?

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “I did not know that. What sort of...

What other sites people belong to and their activity on those sites.

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “What other sites people belong to and their...

Curious how they would track that without enlisting actual humans.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “Curious how they would track that without...

I don't know how they plan to/are doing it. Some of their comment removal/banning is automated, I believe, but they also have people doing it. Veritas recently did an expose on them.

Part 1:
https://youtu.be/jUtr7fNwagg

Part 2:
https://youtu.be/64gTjdUrDFQ

Part 3:
https://youtu.be/rgyPpsX2B0g

Bozette Bozette OP

That's a little Orwellian, or is suggesting it's Orwellian, Orwellian, too?

Some people need to slip on a bar of soap every now and then.

Excellent post!

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

In response to “That's a little Orwellian, or is suggesting...

It is indeed Orwellian. And it goes beyond Twitter. YouTube and FB are purging people, too. Google is restricting its search results both on their search engine and on YouTube. YouTube is constantly unsubscribing people, lowering/increasing views, likes, and dislikes, sandboxing videos, demonetizing videos and users. They've enlisted biased outsiders, including the SPLC, to help "police" videos. Interesting times.

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “It is indeed Orwellian. And it goes beyond...

I'd be fine with youtube losing videos that showcase people getting pummeled, among other dark issues but I'm going off topic, lol - easy to do. I had no idea the other things you brought to light were happening, though; I live a sheltered life :)

Be good to yourself (wink)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

In response to “Apparently there's a show called //Black...

Black Mirror fan here. They did have an interesting take on social media.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “Black Mirror fan here. They did have an...

I don't TV, but must admit I am now curious about the show.

Bozette Bozette OP

What kind of BS is all that? (hehe)

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “https://media1.tenor.com/images/900d249600bb27b...

Pure and unadulterated.

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “Pure and unadulterated.

Yup!!

SynysterGates SynysterGates

This info will all be accessible from your seafoam green ID bracelet...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “This info will all be accessible from your...

I fear now that even a good word from DandyDon won't get me one in seafoam green. 😕

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “I fear now that even a good word from...

I haven't seen him on the screen in ages - he could be entertaining.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

In response to “I haven't seen him on the screen in ages - he...

He's here in the evenings. Yes, he can.

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “He's here in the evenings. Yes, he can.

Great post, as always - how do you manage that? (smile)

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

In response to “Great post, as always - how do you manage...

Thank you, Po1.

I'm an insomniac and often go slumming the less savory areas of the internet where I run across a lot of interesting and sometimes unusual things. (biggrin)

Bozette Bozette OP

Citizens, pay no attention to these outrageous, overblown reports. Remain calm - and ensure your Facebook app has permissions to know every thing about you, your where about, your shopping habits, sexual preferences, religion, race, and **** sphincter circumference.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “Citizens, pay no attention to these...

That's both funny...and very not funny.

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “That's both funny...and very **not** funny.

I know - recent news regarding facebook should have people quitting in mass. But, I bet it doesn't happen. Scary stuff.

Budwick Budwick

In response to “I know - recent news regarding facebook...

There's actually quite a lot of folks quitting Fedbook right now. And Zuckerberg just dumped a bunch of his stock. (hmm)

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “There's actually quite a lot of folks...

That is really good news.

Budwick Budwick

Now that is a scary proposition. If people want to protest something, that would be a worthwhile endevor.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Great post!!

I truly hope the "if you have nothing to hide" people are capable of connecting the dots. Our government's massive surveillance programs are a real threat to us all. Rand Paul is the only politician I know of who consistently fights for our 4th Amendment rights.

That's frightening.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “Great post!! I truly hope the //"if you...

Thank you, Phil. (biggrin)

Agreed on all points!

Ya know, I've asked some of those "if you have nothing to hide" folks why they have curtains, shades, bedroom and bathroom doors...but the correlation is beyond them.

Bozette Bozette OP

I can't really say I'm surprised that communists are behaving like communists.

Maze Maze

With China's top man in power for life, I can only imagine the surprises, changes that will make a difference in the way China's people live out their lives.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

You start to wonder who grows the food to support such a regime. And why.

that_guy that_guy

I saw a test of the tv system. A reporter took a car to an unannounced place and walked a short distance. His face was fed into the computer system and it took seven minutes for the cameras to find him and send cops to intercept him.

that_guy that_guy