Yes

Nobody :(

No

DWFZaraZooperJanHaskellJustJimColoMashaSukiesnowBubFlrdsgnsell9876

Other

PhilboydStudgeR2B4

MashaSukiesnowBub

It can be useful for careers in graphic design, animation, illustration. It's just fun for many, but serious preparation for others.

JanHaskell JanHaskell

For some it would probably be pointless to take an art course. It depends on your goals and what you want to get out of your education.

When I was in college I needed a certain number of credit hours in "the humanities" to get a degree. When choosing electives I would consider things like..
1) Am I likely to get a good grade (I was very focused on grades)
2) My interests - I tend to enjoy certain subjects (e.g. astronomy)
3) How important is it that I learn the subject matter.

I hope this helps.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

If you enjoy it as an elective, go for it. If you are looking for a career in art, good luck with that idea. Don't know of anyone who's made a go of it personally.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

JanHaskell JanHaskell

Learning is never pointless.

Budwick Budwick

Not at all. For anybody. Ever.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

Not exactly an anonymous posting, http://www.amirite.com/ell9876

I'm ashamed to admit I took a first term art class because the course outline promised there'd be a live nude model to sketch ( I can't draw worth a lick (hehe) )... but I did learn a few technical points about the arrangement of the subject matter in the art history part of the course (like triangle grouping and lines of sight).

Bub Bub

In my case it was required, and it involved a live visit to an art museum. Well, I didn't give a d*m about art, so I said so in my report, and I reviewed the building. It was not a very impressive building, as buildings go, but it was a really really well designed display venue. The only attempt to work art into the building was thick glass set edgewise into the west wall so it glowed deep green at sundown.

I got an A on that report.

that_guy that_guy

In response to “In my case it was required, and it involved a...

This is my idea of art:

that_guy that_guy