Google is unwilling to support the crack-down on child **** etc. Something about free speech.

SukiesnowBubChuck_Tom

Tiffanee

TiffaneeStarzAboveAdaWill_JanitorSukiesnowRoosterBubSynysterGatesChuck_Tom

Child pornography is illegal and not protected speech.

Thibault Thibault

I haven't seen this. Where did you see it? This is what I saw about Google and child ****:
https://www.extremetech.com/com...of-privacy-yet

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “I haven't seen this. Where did you see it?...

Yes, well...there was an 'expert' going on about it on TV...ha. I believe it...but it is such a dicey issue.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

It's like OJ.'s acquittal. I guess it's the dark side of being a nation of laws.

Freeranger Freeranger

When it comes to child exploitation, there is no free speech. execute the bastards.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Thibault Thibault

For a company that censors and fires its own employees for having opinions that don't confine to SJW groupthink, they *really* seem to want to protect this particular form of "free speech".

Thedudeyouhatetomeet Thedudeyouhatetomeet

That's not free speech, it's criminal.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Free speech doesn't mean that everything is allowed, it means that you are free to speak, it doesn't save you from the consequences that follow that right.

Child pornography is and will be immoral and will never rise because society will always shut it down.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Could you give me a link to this Sukie? If I see something like that; Google is not going to like me one bit.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

In response to “Could you give me a link to this Sukie? If I...

It was on tv...an expert was going on about it...sorry...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

Does the policy actually perform that function; i.e. eliminate child ****. Or is it one of those that claims to do the exact opposite of what it actually does?

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “Does the policy actually perform that...

Hm... Your second sentence rings a bell.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Hm... Your second sentence rings a bell.

It's a common practice in government, they always claim a policy does the opposite of its actual results.

The jury's still out on whether it's done knowingly or not ;)

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “****.

Nothing wrong with some honest American hearsay...

I had a dog named Hearsay...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Nothing wrong with some honest American...

From where? You make a claim backed by nothing.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “From where? You make a claim backed by nothing.

I'll try to give more information next time...although my computer can't give links...
Sometimes when I post I get so caught up in the moment and then later go...damn it...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “I'll try to give more information next...

You are unable to cut and paste? That's how you post links.

You spoke above about it being an "expert" you saw on TV that prompted your post. Even if you do not recall the person's name, what show was it and when? If such an accusation had truly been made by an "expert", or made at all for that matter, I would expect to find something alluding to it on a Google search, but there is nothing.

Bozette Bozette

Could you elaborate?

StickCaveman StickCaveman

In response to “Could you elaborate?

Expert was on TV talking about it...

I believe it.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

Google, Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and Yahoo will be among the first technology companies to use the Internet Watch Foundation's "hash list" to identify and remove child abuse images uploaded to their services, the British anti-abuse organization announced Monday.
http://www.ibtimes.com/google-h...policy-1648858

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Good, then.

It's not going to stop them being made or distributed. It's an empty platitude

TheCensoredBrit TheCensoredBrit

In response to “It's not going to stop them being made or...

Um. Anyway...just like we say "He's in a better place now," to the bereaved...it still leaves a better feeling..

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Um. Anyway...just like we say "He's in a...

Ignoring the fact that children are still going to be abused to make this shit.

Nice.

TheCensoredBrit TheCensoredBrit

In response to “Ignoring the fact that children are still...

You are a smart fella right? Assume the roll of the lawyer for the defense. Present your case as best you can. After all someone has to... why not you?

Bub Bub

If Google says they are doing their best to help with this issue...I have to take their word for it...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

IMO public schooling is child abuse. Look at any list of banned books and image those same blue-noses compiling a list of pornographic images.

Definition of pornographic: anything that gives a judge an ****.

So the shrink draws an X. The patient judges that pornographic. The shrink draws an O. The patient judges that pornographic. The shrink says "You seem to have a fixation on pornography." The patient says "Whataya mean? You're the one drawing the dirty pictures!"

that_guy that_guy

Sukie, Google NBC, GE and many other respected corporations concerning **** of all sorts. So many were involved in shady doings. The pursuit of profits trumps (no pun intended) all.

Bub Bub

I'm glad Google is catching them. If people don't want to get in trouble with the law, than don't do anything illegal over the internet, or all other methods.

Skunky Skunky