What refreshes the Dream?

VicZincBozetteWill_JanitorRoosterRose_Bud

Explained by Neanderthal_Momdoer...

US health officials have seen a surge in the number of people using bug spray to get high. "‘A person will stand at a jail cell door, slobber like a mad dog, wanting to fight. Everything is wrong, nothing is right for one minute, then calm down and be just like a normal human being and then go right back into a rage,’ Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell told NewsMS about the drug". RAID! , maybe this refreshes the Dream: --------------------------------------------------- Immigrant Drugs, Molests 74 Year-Old Woman in Wheelchair.... Some people like me, some don't, & yet they have something in common, they would all say... I'm abit different. ever wonder why that is? some insight.

My parents also took the time to teach skills I'll needed, different path, same result honest hard work and respect for my fellow humans.

I suspect many parents still do a great job, it's just that reporters do a good job of telling us about the no good scoundrels and they do a poor job of praising those who just do what needs to be done to survive.

VicZinc VicZinc

As kids we were expected to help out by bringing firewood insid or hunt & fish (including my lil sister) insert eyeroll. Dad's income was mainly from fishing, but he also trapped, made afew bucks, and made sure my brothers & sister also learned those skills. He taught us how to track animals in the bush, how to gut a large animal and haul it home and how to build shelters on the trail.

Mom was in charge of things domestic...cooking, cleaning and looking after us kids. She taught me how to reconize healing plants like wild lettuce. abit about my Mother.... "get in here an learn to cook, no self respecting woman will marry you". Ma how about a non self respecting woman?
way wrong thing to say. without fail, she'd turn her wedding diamond around so the stone found my head. WHACK!
Shut up.

All of us kids were sent out in woods to bring home certain things Mom would want to use when she cooked a meal...sometimes certain roots or always berries that were in season or mushrooms Allof us were taught how to recognize the various plants and roots that were safe to eat.

We didn't have to gather those foods because we were poor...Dad sold fish and his furs, we had money to buy things we wanted from the post or from a catalogue, but we earned that money, we were never closer than twenty five miles to town so it was just practical to go outside and see what was tasty.

so while I read RAID sniffing, drugging & raping an elder lady, or some kid shooting up a school.
maybe the reason I am different, is because I had parents who took the time to teach skills I'll need on my pathe.
" Dad,I wanna join the Navy, "you do huh ok", he marched me right into the Men's Department ofthe Navy. the Marine Corps
he had a sense humor... wicked

Sarek comes to mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3rsIOFiJPA

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer OP

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “My parents also took the time to teach skills...

looking at many postings on this site
50% of all marriages end up in divorce

seeing the postings,I've wondered how many came from broken homes

In response to “looking at many postings on this site 50% of...

While the divorce rate may be high and yes I am a statistic as well but it happens my parents have been together a very long time. Not all come from broken homes. As for me and my brother we were outside kids as well as our own kids. Mom and dad did well with us and what we learned we have passed on and hopefully it will continue. Good post!

Rose_Bud Rose_Bud

Living makes me high, I don't need anything else ....family and friends give me the lift I want..

JD JD

In response to “Living makes me high, I don't need anything...

outside is where I fit in best
my mother would agree LOL

Going home after work to a warm home and being greeted by my warm wife.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “Going home after work to a warm home and...

Lucky wife. Lucky will.

Carla Carla

In response to “Lucky wife. Lucky will.

I am very lucky. I know that and am thankful for it. (hug)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

don't matter what the job is
one doesn't work for a company
rather
they work for their families

it's a good example for the young ones to see
don't matter the weather

there is music for that..... learning to smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWg6UWFrfrE