You are an identity thief. What do you hate...what do you love?

TiffaneeDandyDonAdaWill_JanitorMashaPartyOfOneSukiesnowRoosterSynysterGatesChuck_Tom

Explained by Sukiesnow...

It's not easy to comprehend identity theft...what does it look like and who would do it? Knowledge is power... I'd like to find a way of blocking everything I type...and possibly deleting itself in 2 days. Except for on here.

It can as my identity was stolen about 6 months ago after I was phished. I had to contact so many different agencies to get it cleared up but I did.
It was some guy in S.F. and they did bust him for credit card fraud and that made me happy. Why? I couldn't tell you as he lived in an expensive area of S.F.
Best thing I did was join LifeLock and everything I do now is monitored in case someone else tries to use my info for something.

Rooster Rooster

As an identity thief...I love FaceBook... Hope it doesn't go down!

I'm building up dossiers on a couple of you...it's very easy...especially when I have access to what you posted when you were innocent... online at first...years ago.

(do you think this really happens?)

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “As an identity thief...//I love FaceBook//...

Cool....I "may" be in the clear buddy. A sixth sense leads me to certain conclusions about innocence.
I mean......I think so?

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “Cool....I "may" be in the clear...

Yummy...

You are too wily to get caught...:)

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

Rooster Rooster

In response to “It can as my identity was stolen about 6...

I'm going that route, too. (Sigh)

If I understood it all better...that would help. And hacking.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “I'm going that route, too. (Sigh) If I...

I know about hacking from my PC guru!

Rooster Rooster

Nope. I have enough trouble keeping up with own password changes.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Not as of now, but I do worry about it. Also e mail being compromised or hacked. I checked my e mail with a company that can determine if the e mail's were hacked and my hotmail has been hacked 7 times so far.

I don't trust anyone, Facebook being the worse and no offence to Amirite but I don't trust theme either.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Hate getting caught ...love getting away with it...never had my identity stolen as far as I know, but been scammed a couple of times but the bank has always refunded me any loss...

JD JD

A "breach" is an incident where a site's data has been illegally accessed by hackers and then released publicly. Review the types of data that were compromised (email addresses, passwords, credit cards etc.) and take appropriate action, such as changing passwords.

Adobe logo
Adobe: In October 2013, 153 million Adobe accounts were breached with each containing an internal ID, username, email, encrypted password and a password hint in plain text. The password cryptography was poorly done and many were quickly resolved back to plain text. The unencrypted hints also disclosed much about the passwords adding further to the risk that hundreds of millions of Adobe customers already faced.

Compromised data: Email addresses, Password hints, Passwords, Usernames

Exploit.In logo
Exploit.In (unverified): In late 2016, a huge list of email address and password pairs appeared in a "combo list" referred to as "Exploit.In". The list contained 593 million unique email addresses, many with multiple different passwords hacked from various online systems. The list was broadly circulated and used for "credential stuffing", that is attackers employ it in an attempt to identify other online systems where the account owner had reused their password. For detailed background on this incident, read Password reuse, credential stuffing and another billion records in Have I been pwned.

Compromised data: Email addresses, Passwords

LinkedIn logo
LinkedIn: In May 2016, LinkedIn had 164 million email addresses and passwords exposed. Originally hacked in 2012, the data remained out of sight until being offered for sale on a dark market site 4 years later. The passwords in the breach were stored as SHA1 hashes without salt, the vast majority of which were quickly cracked in the days following the release of the data.

Onliner Spambot logo
Onliner Spambot (spam list): In August 2017, a spambot by the name of Onliner Spambot was identified by security researcher Benkow moʞuƎq. The malicious software contained a server-based component located on an IP address in the Netherlands which exposed a large number of files containing personal information. In total, there were 711 million unique email addresses, many of which were also accompanied by corresponding passwords. A full write-up on what data was found is in the blog post titled Inside the Massive 711 Million Record Onliner Spambot Dump.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “A "breach" is an incident where a...

I thought at first that Maze wrote this...ha.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

I hate scammers, bullies, false friends, back stabbers and hackers. Love it here when everyone is getting along, and people don't try to tell others what to do. That's very rare.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I hate scammers, bullies, false friends, back...

You ask a lot from people. Getting along ALL the time sounds fake to me.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “You ask a lot from people. Getting along ALL...

I'm an optimist. I didn't mention ALL the time, here's what I said:

" Love it here when everyone is getting along, and people don't try to tell others what to do."

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I'm an optimist. I didn't mention ALL the...

Ha...but by saying you love it here when people get along implies that you hate it when we don't..which is probably most of the time... And we don't want that! We want you to be happy even when this place is full of static...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Ha...but by saying you love it here when...

You're right as usual, thanks Sukie!

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “You're right as usual, thanks Sukie!

I don't care who's right or wrong...ha...brave words!...only sometimes...

Remember the Internet is fake, so there is an automatic drift in that direction.

People also change their minds a lot online...that's the way it seems to me...they contradict themselves... I've asked people who say they hate Amirite...WELL why are you still on here, then...Get Out...and then they say they changed their minds...probably was in the heat of the moment...which I didn't realize...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “I don't care who's right or...

I know, lol, we get mad, threaten to leave, block someone say we'll never unblock them, and two days later, we're talking again. I call it overreaction. lol That's life on the internet...good or bad. (biggrin)

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I hate other identity thieves... they make my job tougher..

I love fresh baked bear claws with my coffee, they give me that jolt of energy to get my day started..

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “I hate other identity thieves... they make my...

Bear claws...yum. Crystallized sugar on top?

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Bear claws...yum. Crystallized sugar on top?

Yea...if I'm a identity thief, I'm going all out..

DandyDon DandyDon

I’m all for safety and there through thick and thin when scammers and other baddies target my online pals. One of my friends, both on FB and on the outs, added a scammer and I dished the news. We both blocked him.

Masha Masha

Someone stole my identity and died of boredom. The family is suing me for wrongful death.

that_guy that_guy

I love to hate one particular person or idea... 100%

Chuck_Tom