Politically incorrect: For decades, # was called a pound sign. If you were to say "dial #123" aloud, you'd say "dial pound one two three." Being aware of this, I find it ironic that sexual assault activists are calling their movement #metoo.

Explained by Maze...

Don't get me wrong, I don't condone sexual assault. I just think it's funny they chose that name.

That is funny..

I think someone chose that, knowing what it meant but decided not to say anything....when no one else caught it..

DandyDon DandyDon

That is funny..

DandyDon DandyDon

My question is....."what are they pounding?" My schoolboy imagination begins to run rampant....

Freeranger Freeranger

HA HA HA! 😂

Bozette Bozette

A good point

R2B4 R2B4

Sorry to trigger you, but language changes sometimes

DWF DWF

Yeah, that's hilarious. About as amusing as #puppy training, or any number of hashtags would be, if anyone actually did think "pound" when they saw the symbol. Personally, I use it before a number of some kind..

Piper2 Piper2