Back stabbers and fake friends, how do you deal with them, on Amirite and in reality?

Ignore them...won't waste my time friending them.

AdaSukiesnow

Once I've been back stabbed, I want no part of that person.

Nobody :(

If you want me as a friend, act like one

Flrdsgns

Other

VicZincSofiaWill_JanitorBub

TiffaneeSofiaAdaWill_JanitorSukiesnowazlottoCarlaBub_Howler_

I dont...deal with them.
In life a friend cant be blocked. They know where each other lives.
The enet is not real life.

Carla Carla

I dont...deal with them.
The enet is not real life.

Carla Carla

In response to “I dont...deal with them. In life a friend...

Good reply, thanks.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

How's that maple syrup coming along?

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “How's that maple syrup coming along?

Well...it picked back up yesterday. Finally warmed up enough to start flowing again. Should be good until tuesday...maybe a bit longer. The nights are going to start to warm up. I should end up with about two and a half gallons, finished syrup.

Carla Carla

I just eventually move on - forgive/forget.

I've unfortunately (and by my own fault) learned the hard way about getting too personal with ANY kind of an online friendship/relationship...I can without doubt, and complete confidence state that such a thing will NEVER happen again in my lifetime.

_Howler_ _Howler_

In response to “I just eventually move on -...

Sorry you had a bad experience, lesson learned.

I move on, and might forgive eventually, but I don't forget! And I would never trust that person ever again. Once that knife goes in my back, it's hard to pull it out.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

I follow people that I don't consider friends, but there are several people that I do consider friends. Following and then unfollowing is silliness to me. If someone really doesn't want to see my comments or posts, just block me. Problem solved. And I mean that in the nicest way possible. Ha!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “I follow people that I don't consider...

So do I, I have people on my friends list that I have never talked to. I feel if someone unfriends me they don't want to see or talk to me again, so I have been known to block them, if they can't make the decision, I'll do it for them. Makes no difference to me.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

I understand that online almost anything goes. I try not to take it seriously and try to treat it as a learning experience...you can learn more objective truth from people who might not know you, even if you hate it.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “I understand that //online// almost anything...

You're right, just about anything goes, but words can hurt someone. I try to watch what I say, but sometimes I overreact.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “You're right, just about anything goes, but...

I can feel the same way...until I remember that that''s the best part! The more it bugs or hurts means there might be some personal truth for you to ferret out...that is pure gold...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “I can feel the same way...until I remember...

The truth hurts. (sad)

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “The truth hurts. (sad)

It almost has to hurt or no one would change. And then...some people can't and some people won't. I think sensitives who have a low threshold for hurt feelings...never mind... Enough said. :)

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

Assume the best. Remember Hanlon's law: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

VicZinc VicZinc

In response to “Assume the best. Remember Hanlon's law:...

ha, thanks Vic.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

Here, I ignore them. If they keep bothering me after I ask them to leave me be, I'll block them.
In real life, I ignore them. If they keep bothering, I'll say my mind. I doubt they'll want to be around me after that.

Sofia Sofia

In response to “Here, I ignore them. If they keep bothering...

It's hard to ignore a friend, but you're right, ignoring them is the best way!

I just don't have that problem in reality. Not sure what I would do!

Thanks Sofia, appreciate your input.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

I don't believe I have any fake friends. As far as backstabbers, I confront them when possible. Once at work someone threw me under the bus in an email. I was really pissed and I gave him a piece of my mind. It was uncharacteristic of me, but I actually got in his face and shoved him. I know that was wrong and I was lucky to not be fired for that, but it was a total **** move on his part.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “I don't believe I have any fake friends. As...

You're a very lucky guy. Sometimes we have to take action against the bullies.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

I can relate. I had a recent episode with one of my coworkers. I'm not one to lose my composure in professional settings, but I ended up yelling at the guy. Some people are just ****.

Sofia Sofia

In response to “I can relate. I had a recent episode with one...

haha I agree, too many A holes in this world.

I've never had any trouble with people in reality, but on here is another story.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “I just play some...

Great song, you nailed it. Thanks for sharing.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

This is a post in general, and I have not listed anyone by name. But someone must have a guilty conscience because I'm being dissed on other posts.

In my defense, I was down voted by a friend agreeing with someone who told me to get off her post, and then that OP blocked me. That friend then unfriended me, for whatever reason. Something that seems to have been forgotten. So in turn, I blocked him. Nothing more than that, and I would have probably unblocked him in a day or two, which I usually do anyway.

So who's playing the victim now, it certainly isn't me. I spoke the truth.

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

I have been a horrible friend to too many people to count... and there are NO excuses for my behavior.

Bub Bub

In response to “I have been a horrible friend to too many...

It's great to have a friend like you, even though we sometimes fight. (biggrin)(biggrin)

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP

In response to “It's great to have a friend like you, even...

(hug)
Your kindness and understanding has never waned. Thank you, Starz.

Bub Bub

In response to “(hug) Your kindness and understanding has...

Thanks for saying that, hon. But I can get mean now and again. lol(hug)

StarzAbove StarzAbove OP