The only problem with America is that it is America.

Sukiesnowvividlyprosaicminamullins22Chuck_Tom

JustJimColoRoosterStarzAbovebeachbumPartyOfOneTrish

WunderscoreDandyDonAdaSukiesnowazlottoRoosterSynysterGatesChuck_Tom

Hence.....No problem for America..

DandyDon DandyDon

America has a lot of problems, but they are OUR problems.. <s> Name me country that doesn't. At least in our country, we can still freely talk about our problems.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “America has a lot of problems, but they are...

There are many ways of looking at topics...thanks for your input.

This was supposed to be more wry...not negative...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “There are many ways of looking at...

Oh please Sukie, you know damn well that your post was indeed meant to be an INSULT towards America/USA.... NOT a "wry" attempt at humor that was not meant to be taken as a "negative" about America/USA, and you know it.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Oh please Sukie, you know damn well that your...

No...the same thing could be said about any country...but it seems more true about the US.

Only 2 CAPS LOCK...that's pretty good, Gronk.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “No...the same thing could be said about...

Sukie your country is a freakin' mess because of you nuts in Canada electing a liberal/progressive far left privileged liberal NUT whose parents sent him to the USA to be educated with his fellow wealthy DUMB AS A STUMP privileged peers living in their 90210 zip code in HollyWEIRD living in their OWN BUBBLE of reality.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Sukie your country is a freakin' mess because...

He's still a sweet guy and nothing you can say will change that...ha. It would be a pleasure flirting chatting with him.

And...at least, he has a moral compass.

Inha

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “He's still a sweet guy and nothing you can...

lol...Justin Trudeau as your country's "progressive" Prime Minister ELITIST, sadly has the same UNCOMMON common sense and "moral compass" as those in my country who KEEP UP WITH THE KARDASIANS.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “lol...Justin Trudeau as your country's...

Ha... First you said he was upper crust...now you are saying he's lower class?

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

Maybe you could concentrate on your problems then, rather than the rest of the worlds hmmmm?

*This may or may not be my own personal view but is one I see put forward by a great many people :)*

AliceD AliceD

In response to “Maybe you could concentrate on your problems...

If we did that, you'd be speaking German.

I generally voice my own personal views and don't try to hide behind them by saying they are the views of others.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “If we did that, you'd be speaking German. I...

Actually, we would be speaking Japanese.

Are you inferring that I am hiding behind the views of others?

AliceD AliceD

The only problem FOR America are those in which other countries will run for us when their shit hits the fan.

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “The only problem FOR America are those in...

Well put...but it's becoming a burden.

azlotto azlotto

Hence.....No problem for America..

DandyDon DandyDon

I have no problem here...I'm self employed and enjoying my freedom.

azlotto azlotto

I am very thankful that I live in America, sure we have our problems, but it's still the greatest country on earth.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

For many people around the world, that is likely true.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “For many people around the world, that is...

Really Piper?? Then WHY is our country THE COUNTRY that people all around the world risk their lives, leave their homeland and leave their families behind to come to the USA for a better life for themselves IF "many people around the world" feel the way Sukie does about America????
IF the USA were this supposed anti-this or anti-that type of country that ONLY liberals portray our great country to be...WHY then do we have so many ILLEGAL immigrants in our country who couldn't wait in line to come to our country LEGALLY if we're such an awful oppressive country to live in!!????? ugh, smh.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Really Piper?? Then WHY is our country THE...

Yeah, really. I know there are many people in the world who have contempt for most all things American. I would know that, even I hadn't met several of them.

We all know that multitudes of people have, and still wish to immigrate to this country. That has nothing to do with my response to this post, and the fact many people do indeed hate us. As far as our country being "such an awful oppressive country to live in!!?????".....I suggest you take that up with someone who has expressed that sentiment.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Yeah, really. I //know// there are many...

Your comment to Sukie's post being "For many people around the world, that is likely true".... implies that you agree with her sentiment about our great country.

Piper, we as DEPLORABLE Americans all know that North Korea, Iran, ISIS, radicalized Muslims, the "progressives" on the left in our country and the RINOs/never Trumpers on the right in our country ALL feel that same MENTALity towards our great country...thus why you globalists/socialist minded people ALL despise President Trump for putting WE THE PEOPLE/AMERICAS best interest FIRST, instead of being just another puppet President ala Bush 41/43, Clinton and Obama.

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “Your comment to Sukie's post being "For...

I don't doubt that to be true, Gronk, in your mind.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “I don't doubt that to be true, Gronk, in...

LOL!!! Oh man that's rich coming from YOUR mindset where you and your ilk still IGNORANTLY believe/think that Hillary Clinton LOST to Trump BECAUSE of women like myself ONLY voting for Trump BECAUSE of our husbands, male bosses TELLING US to VOTE for Trump, smh.

My non-partisan husband being a UNION member of his construction trade for 20 years now, being TOLD 20 years ago by his LIBERAL MASTERS that he had to vote Democrat and had to hold signs on election day in support of a Democrat candidate OR be FINED if he didn't, was a huge WAKE UP call for my husband BEING TOLD how he should vote...with ME telling him that they had no right to tell you how you should vote or forcing you to hold signs on election or forcing you to put signs in our yard supporting that Democrat candidate!!!!...where only because of my husband's talent as a Master Carpenter, his hard work ethic and him listening to me of not taking shit of being TOLD how he should vote, he's always been spared of the fines for him not participating as a UNION member being forced to hold up signs on election day or forced to put sings on their lawn on election day for Democrats

Yet you ignoramus women on the left ASSume that it's our husbands who tell us conservative women how to vote, when in fact it was ME who eventually convinced my politically ambivalent husband to vote for Trump!!!!

Gronk17 Gronk17

In response to “LOL!!! Oh man that's rich coming from YOUR...

Hmm...but that is not what I think, Ms Gronk.

" YOUR mindset, you and your ilk, you ignoramus women on the left"...oh MY. What you consistently ASSume about others is legion.

Piper2 Piper2

In response to “Hmm...but that is **not** what //**I**//...

Oh please, you know damn well that you SUPPOSED "tolerant of all" feminists" KNOW that you all PRIOR TO TRUMP, were the FIRST to insult women and their intelligence with YOUR constant mocking of Sarah Palin looks and her intelligence...yet then you all became "offended" when Trump during the primaries/debates with Hillary gave it right back to you ALL in the SAME manner as you all fight.

IF those of you on the left fought fairly by providing FACTS as well as having decorum...those of us women with differing opinions that differ than yours, would RESPECT your opinions...nope instead those of you supposed "tolerant" feminists on the left continue to hate on WOMEN like myself JUST because we as strong minded women have our own differing beliefs/opinions that differ from YOURS.

Gronk17 Gronk17

I like both Canada and the United States of America. Both country have their fare share of problems. The way thing are going in both countries, I'm not interested in retiring in either.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “I like both Canada and the United States of...

"I'm not interested in retiring in either."

Same here, bro..The Philippines are looking good to me...and so are the women.

azlotto azlotto

In response to “"I'm not interested in retiring in...

Good for you man. I'm heading to Costa Rica, I bought property and will start building a beach house next year.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Good for you man. I'm heading to Costa Rica...

Never been there, but seen pictures... Beautiful place to live.

azlotto azlotto

In response to “Never been there, but seen pictures...

Yes, very developed country, beautiful and still very affordable. Lot's of Canadian and Americans live there year round.

I found this place through our yearly surf trips with friends of mine from Orange County.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

I think I'll just stick around and retire here and try to affect what changes I can. I don't think it will be long before other desirable places people would like to retire at, put up a No Vacancy sign.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “I think I'll just stick around and retire...

Well Jim my friend, I can't take the freakin cold winters anymore, time for tropics for the rest of my life.

But I understand why some are happy where they are now.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Well Jim my friend, I can't take the freakin...

Any I can understand why you are doing what you plan.
When it comes to snow, I don't plan on going outside when it snows after I retire. LOL I'll be in front of a roaring fire with a good book. :)

JustJimColo JustJimColo