What was your favourite book as a child?

PhilboydStudgePiper2TiffaneeStarzAboveSkunkySofiaAdaWill_JanitorBlewynanifailazlottoRoosterSynysterGates

Depends on what age. **** and Jane, Dr. Seuss, then Black Beauty, then the Hardy Boys.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

The Tarzan series.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Harry Potter

DWF DWF

Walt Disney's Uncle Remus stories. I still have this book and it was my favorite!

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Walt Disney's Uncle Remus stories. I still...

Somehow, I ended up with a digital copy of the movie, Song of the South, when I was in Iraq. I don't think it was ever released.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “Somehow, I ended up with a digital copy of...

Not sure either but I loved the books! It was released in 1946, I think.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_of_the_South

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Not sure either but I loved the books! It was...

I remember the stories as a child and remember having the book at one time. Here is a PDF of the book.
http://publicliterature.org/pdf/remus11.pdf

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “I remember the stories as a child and...

Loved Br'er Rabbit! LOL.

Rooster Rooster

Finnegans Wake by James Joyce

Him Him

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

Pilgrims Progress!

StarzAbove StarzAbove

One with moving pictures, I'm not much for books, no matter how bad that just sounded.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

I was obsessed with all the Little House on the Prairie books. I tried calling my parents "ma" and "pa" like Laura Ingalls did (my parents hated it and I was not allowed to do it lmao) but also when I was young my family moved from Orlando, FL, to Tennessee and I was somehow under the impression that WE would also go in a covered wagon on that long journey.... Really disappointing when we piled into the old Astrovan.

astral_queen astral_queen

In response to “I was obsessed with all the Little House on...

Ha Ha! That's funny!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

O Cavaleiro da Dinamarca (The Knight of Denmark) by Sophia de Mello Breyner Andresen
https://thebookswelove.wordpres...-da-dinamarca/
In fourth grade I had to re-write the book, paint illustrations, and present it in class.
Also, Disney books - I grew up with them. I still have them somewhere in my house - comic books and hardcover books.

Sofia Sofia

Playboy.

azlotto azlotto

I can only recall as far back as the Nancy Drew series and not being able to wait for the next book to come out.

Linnster Linnster

Sharlets web

Skunky Skunky

In response to “Sharlets web

You still active on Answerbag?

azlotto azlotto

In response to “You still active on Answerbag?

I haven't been for a while because the site is just too incomplete, and too many glitches. I do pop by every once in a blue moon to see if any changes have been made, but none ever.

Skunky Skunky

In response to “I haven't been for a while because the site...

I'd like to see some of the members on this site, especially Ice man, Linda, and several others.

azlotto azlotto

IT. Stephen King

DW2 DW2

In response to “IT. Stephen King

Though as a child I read little. There were books read to me that I remember fondly. A few I kept up on. Judy Bloom and Stephen King.. though school destroyed reading for me. It was no longer about fun in a fictional world in my head. It was about diction, spelling,and grammar.. though also about “Book Reports”.. “Hidden Symbolism” or some other random whim of a mindless teacher, who took it upon herself/ himself to make reading a chore. It wasn’t until I got into my 20’s that I really started reading for myself. Hundreds of books a year. I couldn’t believe all I had missed out on. Though today’s education system has it set up where reading for fun is unheard of. It is just one more chore. That is a shame. I now love books and attempt to write my own. No thanks to any school I ever went to.

DW2 DW2

Little Black Sambo

that_guy that_guy

In response to “Little Black Sambo

I read that!Bet you can't get it now.

Blewynanifail Blewynanifail OP

In response to “I read that!Bet you can't get it now.

Of course you can. The original Little Golden Book is 400 bux at Amazon, but other versions are five bux or so.

that_guy that_guy