The major countries are way too good at war these days to have a serious fight... we'll all be killed.

MazeBozetteDWFPhilboydStudgeWill_JanitorBlewynanifailRoosterastral_queenSynysterGatesSukiesnowTheTorrentminamullins22

CreamcrackeredWalt_OReagun

PhilboydStudgeBozetteAdaWill_JanitorSukiesnowBlewynanifailRoosterSynysterGates

Explained by Maze...

The lethality of their power is greater than ever. Their capacity to impose control over the politically awakened masses of the world is at a historical low. In earlier times it was easier to control a million people - literally - it was easier to control a million people than, physically, to kill a million people. Today it is infinitely easier to kill a million people than to control a million people. It is easier to kill than to control, and of course that bears directly on the use of force, particularly by societies that are culturally alien, over other societies. -Zbigniew Brzezinski, 2008

I agree. Being controlled is not in our nature. Especially if it is obvious. 😊

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

While there is truth in Zbig's statement, they have no need to kill those in the countries perpetuating wars today so long as they can fool them, and it is painfully obvious they can. As for those countries actually engaging in wars with each other...we shall likely continue to avoid that through proxy wars in the ME.

Bozette Bozette

I mean, that's why the Cold War never got hot outside of proxy warfare

DWF DWF

In a former life, while repairing and overhauling fast attack nuclear submarines, it was hard to wrap my head around the fact that this one warship in a vast ocean carried enough lethality to literally make a nation disappear.

Freeranger Freeranger

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “I agree. Being controlled is not in our...

Spot-on. Civilisation I’ve ever called human taming. The beast has to breathe.

Masha Masha

Are you saying that whatever is going on with trump et NK/Russia is all bluff?

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

A war would bring about faster depopulation and a greater reliance from current people who don't trust their government to tell them the truth, it also generates money. Elites won't be killed they never are. However, I think politics is just one big show, I don't watch TV much anymore so I think for myself. All the News and media is owned by the same people.

Creamcrackered Creamcrackered

Not necessarily. Chances are they would never use nukes even if their military was wiped out by well-placed conventional troops, in a first-strike.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

So what is it that we have instead? Just kidding wars?

that_guy that_guy

Yes, in the worst case scenario. The world has about 15,000 neuclear weapons. If they were all used, it would kill everyone, due to the blast, fallout, or nuclear winter.

minamullins22