In the afterlife suicides should be shunned... yes? No?

JDhootowl

Darkest_SerenityRoosterTiffaneeLil_Princessastral_queenTrishthat_guyjoulesChuck_TomWill_JanitorDW2FyrefoxDWFWalt_OReagunAoto

Lil_PrincessDarkest_SerenityTiffaneeAdaWill_JanitorSukiesnowRooster

After my dad took his own life, I like to pretend that my dad went to Heaven and is with my mama. Its only one person's place to pass that kinda judgment and that is God.

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

I don't think God approves of people who take the life he has given them...

JD JD

In response to “I don't think God approves of people who take...

I think of the many who thought they had no other choice... would He have understood their motivation?

I think so...

Chuck_Tom OP

In response to “I think of the many who thought they had no...

Life is special and he gives you life and expects you to use it wisely...

JD JD

JD you are right as far as I know killing people even yourself is a big no no.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

In response to “JD you are right as far as I know killing...

Your dead right...?hehe

JD JD

In response to “Your dead right...?hehe

God'll get you for that... (hehe)

Chuck_Tom OP

In response to “God'll get you for that... (hehe)

I deserve it...hehe

JD JD

I think God has forgiven my Friends that felt they couldn't Fight any longer than they did and I know I could never think badly of them but I understand that others may sit in Judgement of those who take their own Lives.

I would say to those People who can't understand

"Maybe their Life just wasn't as Precious as yours , maybe it was fraught with Danger , Misery and Pain , how long must one endure such Suffering?"

Psychological scars last a Lifetime and cast a shadow that leaves one in Darkness.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “I think God has forgiven my Friends that felt...

I haven't had anyone in my life who committed suicide. A couple of acquaintances tried and where taken to the local funny farm but they eventually got it done - Just as well for one was a rotten person and nothing was good enough for her The other very ugly both in appearance and mind, so why try to keep them around if they want to go?

In response to “I haven't had anyone in my life who...

From my experience Lorraine Suicidal feelings can either be masked by a smile (which comes across as strength) or they keep people at arms length by being absolute Bastards.

Often there are Mental health issues involved to some degree
when it comes to Suicide.

I've met and crossed paths with one in particular who seemed unkind by others but in the end (the bottom line) she was so unhappy , so tormented that she threw herself under an articulated lorry.

I hope Pam is at Peace now , I hope she's happy.

Darkest_Serenity Darkest_Serenity

In response to “From my experience Lorraine Suicidal feelings...

Oh no too bad I hope the buss or truck you brits have different names for things. driver wasn't traumatized too much.

Kind of depends on the afterlife! Some religions of old thought Seppuku was an honorable way to die and thought nothing of it. I believe that to be true as you can live many lives!

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Kind of depends on the afterlife! Some...

Many masters many minds. Gett reborn until you work it out then you go on to your rest. That is what I have read. Gosh I can't understand what I did so bad last time to cause me all this misery now.

In response to “Many masters many minds. Gett reborn until...

It'll be better the next time, you'll see.!

Rooster Rooster

If heaven is real I wonder how the rules work, are souls immortal? What do you do there? Do they have pizza?

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “If heaven is real I wonder how the rules...

Immortal yes from what I have read and pizza no spirit needs no food. So why rush to get to a very boring place where you can't drink eat or anything at all

In response to “Immortal yes from what I have read and pizza...

No pizza? No food? But eating and drinking is one of my mortal pleasures, I'm stayin here.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “No pizza? No food? But eating and drinking is...

Sunny that is how I feel too - I would feel motr like a prisoner than rewarded .

In response to “Sunny that is how I feel too - I would feel...

My perfect version of heaven would be a dream where I'm aware of the illusion and control everything.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

🦋

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “After my dad took his own life, I like to...

I'm really sorry to hear that princess, you're a very positive person despite of all the suffering you've been trough, I wish I had your will.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “I'm really sorry to hear that princess...

Oh, Sunny, I can't lie I ain't always positive. I have moments where everything gets to be overwhelming and it takes everything I have to keep my head above water. My biggest fear is really being like my father in more ways than one.

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

In response to “Oh, Sunny, I can't lie I ain't always...

Seems like you're doing a fine job, for what I can mostly remember about you it's all been humorous posts and comments.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Seems like you're doing a fine job, for what...

Being funny helps not only myself but others...except the people that get bent out of shape because I lack the ability to be serious but in my opinion those people can go get bent (biggrin)

Lil_Princess Lil_Princess

No. For many years I would have said Yes.

AliceD AliceD

Nope. Life is hard, no one gets thru unscathed, Plus God knows literally everything He understands in a way we can't.

Trish Trish

So it's not enough to butt in on everybody's life. Now the control freaks want to butt in on everybody's eternity as well. You're making it hard to be polite.

that_guy that_guy

In response to “So it's not enough to butt in on everybody's...

Who are these control freaks? If it is the church - they have always been that way without knowing the true facts of the afterlife at all. They read a book so horribly scrambled rewritten many many times to profit those in charge at the time. Many parts of the bible are missing due to whomever was rewriting it.

Well said. Wishing that someone's life should be terrible isn't enough, apparently; some must also now wish that their afterlife be awful as well. It's cruelty, yet they'll call it righteousness.

Logan Logan

Because there is always a reason somebody has taken their own life

joules joules

I think if God can forgive people for killing other people, God will forgive a person for killing themselves.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

If things really get that bad. Maybe the “Off Button” should be easier to press.

DW2 DW2

There is a karmic reaction for everything.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

Why should someone continue living in pain or with a chronic condition, if they don't wish to.

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun