Profit

astral_queenTrishVicZincFlrdsgnsxatherSageSam

Profit

DWFTiffaneeSunny_the_skeptic

To help Syria

Nobody :(

Other

PhilboydStudgeDW2SynysterGates

VicZincTiffaneeStarzAboveBozetteWill_JanitorCarlaxather
Are we Bombing Syria Over the use of Chemical Weapons or is it for a Pipeline and Profit?

Explained by urwutuis...

According to the establishment we are bombing the Middle East for "humanitarian" reasons. We are so disturbed by Assad's alleged use of chemical weapons that it must be stopped so we bombed Syria. If you believe that you don't have the brains God gave gophers. Mainstream media and both sides of the aisle are calling for action which makes me immediately skeptical especially when they're trying to tell me Assad is an idiot. He may be a brutal dictator but I doubt he would be stupid enough to use chemical weapons. He's winning the war and Trump was about to start pulling US troops so Assad does the one thing that accomplishes nothing militarily or politically and will bring about US action. Yeah right. They say they have proof but it's classified. Uh-huh. So we fired 118 or so missiles in what was termed precision strikes. I wonder if France and the UK were as precise. This was supposedly necessary and I'm sure they will all hail Trump like the dumbasses did the last time. But I digress. Back to the notion that we're there to help save the Syrian people from poison gas. It's a **** joke. We have supported and still support some of the most brutal dictators on the planet. We don't give a rats **** about Arab lives or American lives for that matter. it's about fossil fuel and a gas pipeline from Iran to Europe and the profit of war. It's the most profitable investment of all where the gains are measured in dollars and the losses are measured in lives. That's why we are engaged in perpetual war. The only thing that raises Trumps approval ratings is when he fires missiles. We sent off 118+ missiles at over a million bucks a pop but we can't provide universal health care. We sent billions of dollars to Iraq that just vanished. Pallets full of 100 dollar bills and the military lost it? No investigation, no trials, not even coverage in the news. Humanitarian reasons. Riiight. This, like all US military action, is for profit.

At least the US, UK and France are doing something about it. I'm embarrassed for all us Canadians for having a useless, waste of space, wanna be actor, Prime Minister Justine Trudope.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

Occasion and reason, two different things.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Throughout history wars have been waged on false pretenses. I am not sure whether that's the case here, but I know enough to suspect our own motives.

I agree with you that Assad is probably not an idiot, but I believe the Middle East is like another world and that my sense of right and wrong are very different than the people who live there. Many over there think it's appropriate to kill anyone who disrespects their prophet. To me that's barbaric lunacy.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “Throughout history wars have been waged on...

I don't think right or wrong is the issue. It's a matter of what would be best for Assad. He's winning the war and Trump was about to pull troops. Using chems would be the single dumbest thing he could do.
Regardless of how barbaric you believe them to be it would still be a stupid thing to do.

urwutuis urwutuis OP

In response to “I don't think right or wrong is the issue...

I see your point. It does seem stupid to us if we believe gaining control of Syria is his only motivation, and I certainly am not inside the man's head. I'm just saying he might value something like terrorizing or completely wiping out his opposition over having them merely surrender.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

In response to “I see your point. It does seem stupid to us...

If that were the case why not either bomb, send in troops or anything that won't encourage US troops to stick around. I know the guy's a psycho but still . . . .

This is exactly what happened the last time we were about to withdraw and we still have seen no evidence that Assad was responsible for that attack either.
So far no one is even sure an attack occurred so how could they know Assad was responsible?

urwutuis urwutuis OP

In response to “If that were the case why not either bomb...

You make a good point. None of us really know what happened. We only know what we've heard from other people, and they might not know either.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge

If we wanted to help Syrians we'd be allowing them to come in

DWF DWF

This is about chemical weapons...they have been used before by Assad and he has used them again..USA ,UK and France have decided to destroy the weapons containing chlorine , no one was killed and they may have saved 1000s of lives...if this attack had not happened and Assad had continued to kill his own people including children, there would be an outcry...don't use this post to put Trump down, if Obama had done more it would not have now been necessary ....

JD JD

In response to “This is about chemical weapons...they have...

I dont buy it, jd.
A bomb is a bomb is a bomb.
Blowing up, shooting, starving, torturing your people is okay, but gas crosses the line?

Carla Carla

In response to “I dont buy it, jd. A bomb is a bomb is a...

If we started wars everytime someone blew up,shot, tortured or starved their own people, we would be at war all the time and we would have no planet left....

JD JD

In response to “If we started wars everytime someone blew...

Maybe that's why the left wants to take everyone's guns away. So we can all be gassed without resistance.

Him Him

In response to “Maybe that's why the left wants to take...

It don't happen with civilized leaders

JD JD

In response to “It don't happen with civilized leaders

Or crazy leaders. that's why I said left.

Him Him

We ARE at war all the time. Where have you been?

urwutuis urwutuis OP

In response to “We ARE at war all the time. Where have you been?

There is a difference to being in a war torn country and being at war...

JD JD

Exactly! People have forgotten about Iraq, Afghanistan. We're still at war.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

I'll have to disagree with you here Carla. I see chemical attacks as the worst possible way to die. Look up what Chlorine gas does to the body. It's a slow, painful death. There is no antidote.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “I'll have to disagree with you here Carla. I...

Or mustard gas or even worse? Sarin.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Or mustard gas or even worse? Sarin.

Mustard gas killed a lot during WWI. It's some bad stuff. ALL chemical warfare is as bad as it gets, with the possible exception of radiation.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

Chemical weapons were banned because they are problematic in war zones. Not only is there the very real possibility of blowback whenever there are ground troops (common when the first agreement was proposed), but it is difficult to react on the battlefield because you don't really know what you're dealing with when used on your troops. (That is why tear gas is banned on the battlefield, but governments may use it on their own citizens.) There is also a psychological component of people viewing chemical weapons as more barbaric, but as a practical matter, they are not as efficient or effective as conventional weapons.

Bozette Bozette

How quickly they forget.
Even Obama said it crosses the line.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz4f6XuqOdo

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

There is as much evidence it was Assad this time as there was last time.None.
This is the second time we were about to remove troops that Assad decided to do the only thing that would keep us there.
And you're actually buying that?

No one was killed? How could you possibly know that?
Saved 1000s of lives? Really? You honestly believe the US gives a shit about Syrian lives? You're in the bubble.
Is it that you can't wait for more war or do you have stock in Raytheon?

urwutuis urwutuis OP

In response to “There is as much evidence it was Assad this...

Do you have stock in stupidity....if anyone had been killed then the Assad regime would have put it all over the news, we have heard nothing...every expert has blamed Assad and so there is more proof than not..just because Trump talked about pulling out, that don't prove Assad never killed people, these dictators are stupid , that's why they act like they do...Trump has done the right thing and it would not have come to this if Obama had not wimped out...you guess everything you write while I use facts...

JD JD

In response to “Do you have stock in stupidity....if anyone...

Oh, I see you're rude as well as clueless.
Odd, I don't recall saying Assad never killed anyone or that this was proof of anything although it is rather coincidental to those of us with more than 2 gray cells to rub together.
Only a fool would think these guys are stupid. They're psychopaths not idiots.

Trump has done the right thing?
And you base this on your vast experience in foreign policy, no doubt. I guess killing people is OK as long as you think you're right. Heaven knows they've never lied to us before and Trump wouldn't do anything rash.
He just can't wait to use nukes. He thinks we can win a nuclear war. You probably think we can too.

If you buy this scenario you aren't using facts you're buying propaganda. I imagine you're one of those who fawned over Trump the last time he bombed Syria then thought we bombed Iraq and dropped the MOAB in Afghanistan for no apparent reason. Oh boy! More rockets and bombs.

Where did you get these facts you claim to use?
The media that is once again pushing war?
How can you not see the obvious when both sides of the aisle agree. That should be a huge red flag but you have facts.

Nobody knows the facts yet, Einstein.
Not right wing media, not pundits and not Trump. Nobody has been there.

How many more times are you going to buy into this **** before you figure out you're being played?

urwutuis urwutuis OP

In response to “Oh, I see you're rude as well as...

Why waste my time with someone who has no idea what they are talking about...you said there is no proof he killed anyone this time or last time, when all the evidence proves he did...get your head out of your **** and stop using posts to attack Trump..learn about what is happening before coming out with so much rubbish...

JD JD

In response to “Why waste my time with someone who has no...

I'm still waiting to hear these facts you claim to base your position on.
I know you don't have any facts because nobody does.
Taking a cue from the master?
You just want to defend your lord Donald and not have to see him for the lying sack of shit he is who can't wait to nuke somebody. Spring has sprung and bromance is in the air.
What a sucker.

You know, if you put a little money away each week pretty soon you'll have enough to buy a clue.

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish

urwutuis urwutuis OP

In response to “I'm still waiting to hear these facts you...

You are not on here often, which most members are pleased about..when you come on, you are just a troll and here to cause trouble...I gave you facts but you are far too stupid to understand..as an American you are a disgrace, as a member here you are a joke and as a human being you are pathetic....now your good points....

JD JD

In response to “You are not on here often, which most members...

"You are not on here often, which most members are pleased about"

So now you're just flat out lying. No wonder you like Trump.

As it turns out there was No chem attack in Syria after all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o7bdqgHqiI

Still think Trump did the right thing? lmao

urwutuis urwutuis OP

In response to “"You are not on here often, which most...

Haha.....you must of missed the bodies...then you miss most things...the journalists were taken there by Russia while the chemical experts were delayed , even for an idiot there is something wrong with this...

JD JD

In response to “Haha.....you must of missed the bodies...then...

But there's nothing odd about Assad doing the only thing that would cause US troops to remain. No that's perfectly logical.
They interviewed named doctors from the hospital as well as locals.
The attack report came from the Violations Documentation Center , a non-profit organization comprised of various Syrian opposition groups funded by the Asfari Foundation and George Soros’ Open Societies Foundation,
Even Tucker Carlson can see this is ****

There hasn't been a single shred of evidence that gas was used. Even the dumbest of asses should want something more than hearsay from the Soros funded white helmets before bombing.

urwutuis urwutuis OP

In response to “But there's nothing odd about Assad doing the...

there is nothing odd about Assad as he knows he has the backing of Russia ...they are still refusing entry to the chemical experts while they get rid of evidence...that must tell even the most stupid person, they are hiding something...

JD JD

In response to “there is nothing odd about Assad as he knows...

Yes, it would tell a stupid person that.
It helps to quell the cognitive dissonance and investigation is then irrelevant. Bomb first, find out what happened later.
Of course our govt never lies and reports from white helmets carry more weight than US and British journalists or the doctors at the scene.

We should let the child president who believes climate change is a hoax and 3 million illegals voted bomb whoever he wants for whatever reason he sees fit without discussion or evidence.

We're bombing our way to peace because when it comes to profit from death "We're number one"
Besides WW3 will create jobs and thin the labor force and let's not forget ISIS and Al Qaeda are counting on our continued support because Assad is kicking their collective ****.

Bottom line: Trump decided all on his own to bomb Syria without knowing what actually happened because he's a humanitarian who cares about Syrian lives> (hahahahahahaha)
Only the textbook stupid would support that.

urwutuis urwutuis OP

In response to “Yes, it would tell a stupid person that. It...

You find being stupid easy....ill educate you...it was a joint decision to attack Syria ...they were not bombing Syria or trying to get rid of Assad , the mission was to destroy chemical weapons...try to learn what's happening....when they do bomb these oil countries, it's not to steal the oil, but to stop these countries getting too powerful and rich....

JD JD

In response to “You find being stupid easy....ill educate...

Now that you've shown that you are the reason they put instructions on shampoo see if you can wrap your numb skull around reality.
It's not oil it's a gas pipeline Iran wants to run one backed by Russia and Saudi/Qatar wants to run one backed by US. Assad favors Russia so he must go.

Bombing to keep them from becoming rich? And you think that's OK
Control of resources is the same as having veto power in the region. We don't necessarily want their resources we want control of their resources.

It sure as hell doesn't have anything to do with chem attacks. We use depleted uranium which is also banned and the likely cause of gulf war syndrome but nobody talks about that.

The videos were of people suffering from hypoxia not chlorine gas.
Either way the fact remains.Trump bombed without knowing what happened.

urwutuis urwutuis OP

In response to “Now that you've shown that you are the reason...

You better get the shampoo bottle out...you're the one who thinks they bombed a few isolated chemical sites to steal their oil....they know more than you think...we now have the Syrians saying the British staged the whole thing...this is impossible but proves they are guilty...I'm out of here, talking to stupid this long will drive me crazy....

JD JD

In response to “You better get the shampoo bottle...

Apparently reading comprehension isn't a strong point either.
You aren't talking TO stupid you're talking FROM stupid

urwutuis urwutuis OP

They believe every lie Trump tells. He's itching to go nuclear with these countries, just to prove we are the best. The man is an idiot.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

WOW!! (omg) The left wing Trump haters are in favor of using chemical weapons on civilians. A new low, even for them.

Him Him

SynysterGates SynysterGates

I just wish we had done more... but Asaad will never stop, he's been killing his own people for years, with the help of Russia and Iran.

I disagree with Trump's comments...Mission Accomplished. When in fact his generals hadn't had time to even assess the damage.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

D bombs ..... GOOD

Trump bombs...OMFG peach 4 fi!

Madeleine Albright says 500,000 dead Iraqi Children was "worth it" wins Medal of Freedom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omnskeu-puE

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

This strike is not definitive of why we are in Syria. It's politics prettied up under the guise of humanitarianism.

War is rarely, if ever, over a single issue (though a single issue is often the catalyst - the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak). There are multiple players and issues in Syria. The US is there to "protect American interests". What defines "American interests" has little to do with the interests of the GP, though it always affects us...it is not specifically for our benefit, but that of nations, bankers, transnationals, and the 1%/"elite"/NWO (or fill in the blank with your preferred term, they're basically interchangeable).

In Syria some of the reasons for the war are bankers (no central bank or IMF debt), the petrodollar (Syria quit the petrodollar in 2006 - Iraq and Libya also dropped the petrodollar, 'nuff said?), the Golan Heights (Israel, also Genie Energy - Cheney, Murdock, Landrieu, Goldman Sachs), and Iran (Israel, Saudi Arabia, the US, and Russia). That is only a partial list, of course, as each player has their own reasons, and there are more players in Syria than in most wars. It is a geopolitical hotbed.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “This strike is not definitive of why we are...

I notice the antiwar protesters are back
after silence of 8 years

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “I notice the antiwar protesters are back ...

Of course. Unlike the right, leftists are prolific protesters, and they have an extensive web of organizations to foment and facilitate, with the media at the forefront.

Obama ran on a peace platform and was even awarded the Nobel Peace Prize based solely upon those words. So of course the press downplayed Obama's actions. But so did Obama. And frankly, the right really didn't oppose him bombing seven countries, so they weren't vocal about it either. The press looks for reason to criticize Trump, true, but he keeps himself in the spotlight through Twitter.

But what it primarily comes down to is partisanship. The left protests the right just for general purposes, just as the right derides the left just for general purposes. When it comes right down to the nitty gritty, both the left and the right, with few exceptions, support wars. That is true in DC, in the MSM, and among the GP.

The Democrats, a goodly number of Republicans, and the press, of course, attack pretty much everything Trump says, does, or proposes...with the exception of bombing Syria. Sure, they qualify their support with 'but he needs to ask Congress for permission', but the Senate rejected that nearly 2:1 when proposed last year. And this time the press got to both dog Trump over the week's delay and applaud the bombing. So basically, most everyone's happy about the strike on Syria, but the partisan bitching continues unabated. SSDD for the most part, excepting the Trump voters who supported his 'bring the troops home, America first' stance. Most of the online polls I've seen (primarily composed of Trump voters) do not support this latest strike...with the curious exception of the Fox poll which did a sudden flip from 68% opposed to 68% in favor within two hours. (hmm)

So most still support war, regardless of their publicly stated politics and opinions. And Trump still has most of his base supporters, despite those unhappy with the strike(s) on Syria. And you're still free to dog leftists, CF.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Of course. Unlike the right, leftists are...

nice smiles

Oddly enough, Pelosi didn’t criticize Obama after he attacked Libya.

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “nice smiles...

As much as I despise the woman, she has been consistent with Trump on Syria. Her response after the 2017 air strike:

“This week’s unspeakable chemical weapons attack is only the latest in a long series of horrors perpetrated by Bashar al-Assad on innocent men, women and children,” Democratic House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said in a statement issued on the attacks in Syria. “Tonight’s strike in Syria appears to be a proportional response to the the regime’s use of chemical weapons. If the President intends to escalate the U.S. military’s involvement in Syria, he must to come to Congress for an Authorization for Use of Military Force which is tailored to meet the threat and prevent another open-ended war in the Middle East.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics...ia-strike.html

Bozette Bozette

What silence? Liberal media was all over Obama right from ACA with no public option. Making the tax cuts permanent, TPP, patriot act death of habeas corpus, drone strikes out the ****, turning 2 wars into seven, opening the arctic to drilling, sucking wind on DAPL and a lot more. You just weren't paying attention because you thought he was one of those liberal/Sharia Law Muslims.

urwutuis urwutuis OP

In response to “What silence? Liberal media was all over...

we are talking war protesters
not ACA correct?

liberal media all over Obama?
shurely you have video of that
that was down right damn funny of you to say

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrqAUebq6Ic ht...

is that Mainstream American media?
something to think about

after a year plus of everyday,365
of trump bashing with zero evidence
the comely memos have been released
have you read them? they are for all to read
shame he didn't release them a year ago

Comey, Clapper an CNN connection

the Left has a problem
after a year of full hate on trump, how will the left deflate the hate they inflated through lies an distortion

just look at your words an postings
full on trump hate

they lied to you

I see the former of New York has been brought in to find an end to this hate fest

people are working again
first time in what 60/70years, the Korean War may end
many good things are happening, just not being reported on

and yes, hillery said this

ever wonder what she was talking about?

--------
is there any common ground to be found
if so where?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKYfarmt-N4

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “is that Mainstream American media? something...

You said liberal media not mainstream media. There is no liberal mainstream media.
No I didn't read the memos because the Russia story is **** although Trump laundered Russian money for decades.

Oh right, just because I think Trump is a horribly incompetent president you retreat to the hate meme.
Odd you were silent for 8 years of Obama.

People are working for the first time in 70 years?
What are you talking about?

Hillary Clinton is not liberal. You are confusing liberal with democrat. The democrats are, at best, moderate republicans. The only one who comes close is Bernie Sanders and democrats will do anything to keep him out.

But back to the point.Trump bombed Syria without a shred of evidence and without knowing what really happened.
So it's OK for him to bomb whoever he wants whenever he wants? That's **** up.

urwutuis urwutuis OP

In response to “You said liberal media not mainstream media...

Bernie is a avowed Socialist
the Socialists have taken over the democrat party. they would boot JFK from their tent
you know it I know it.

this is Marcus

it will be my Honor to stand in the middle with Marcus

I've been thinking of 7 reasons why Civil War is a real possibility. if I do a post
I'll be interested in your opinion
I don't block anyone so no worries there

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “Bernie is a avowed Socialist the Socialists...

Socialists have not taken over democrats and you're stuck in anti social, cold war rhetoric.

Todays democrats are actually moderate republicans. By today's metrics Eisenhower would be a Communist.
You should watch what they do and stop listening to the propaganda.

If you stand with Marcus you're part of the problem.
The war machine has you convinced threats are everywhere. Guess who supplies their weapons. Guess where their funding comes from. The same people selling you war after war after war.

Nobody is threatening us except the people we keep bombing. They're threatening us BECAUSE we keep bombing.
Don't you get it???
War is the most profitable investment on the planet and control of resources is, at the very least, veto power
If you think we're out there "spreading democracy" and "humanitarian aid" you've been overdosed with corporate propaganda.
The media giants get rid of anyone who doesn't toe the corporate line and promote war. Look what they did to Phil Donahue

I don't block anyone either.

urwutuis urwutuis OP

I agree with Phil's point up above that dictators, particularly those found in the Middle East, often do crazy things.

Have you forgotten so soon that Saddam Hussein did the one thing that gave the US the excuse to invade? He denied access to the inspectors who could have verified that there were no WMDs.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1853860.stm

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “I agree with Phil's point up above that...

Crazy things? Come on, really? So it's just coincidence that as soon as we're about to leave he does the one thing that will make us stay.
Twice. And you're buying that?

Hussein used to be our intel source for 15 years until he wanted to go off petro dollars and sell oil in another currency.

That article is nothing but establishment propaganda
When they talk about him using gas it actually happened 15 years earlier with the full knowledge and help of George HW. We sold him all the weapons he had. We knew there were no WMDs. All we had to do was look at the reciept.

This country has no qualms at all supporting brutality. We arm the Saudis so they can commit genocide in Yemen, arm Israel in brutality against Palestine, We armed Duerte in the Phillipines , Overthrew Mossadegh and re-installed the Shah , Assassinated Arbenze and it's all for money/power.

The Corporatocracy rule: Maximize profit by any means regardless of the effects on society or the environment.

urwutuis urwutuis OP

In response to “Crazy things? Come on, really? So it's just...

So did Saddam deny UN inspectors free access to any possible WMD facilities or did he not?

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “So did Saddam deny UN inspectors free access...

There were several times in the 90s Iraq refused inspection claiming inspectors were CIA (Some were) but to my knowledge they were negotiated and inspections continued. My best guess is that he did deny inspections at the end.

Funny thing though. According to latest reports on ground samples and interviews with locals it would appear there was no chem attack in Syria after all.

urwutuis urwutuis OP

In response to “There were several times in the 90s Iraq...

It was much more often than "a few times in the 90s."
That's what UN Resolution 1441, of Nov 2002, was all about: giving Saddam one last chance to comply.

http://www.un.org/Depts/unmovic/documents/1441.pdf

And no chem attack in Syria according to whose "latest reports"? The Syrians'? The Russians'? From what I've read, outside inspectors have not been permitted into the site of the alleged gas attack (déjà vu?), so I would be interested to see the sources you are quoting.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “It was much more often than "a few times...

US and British journalists, Red Crescent,The Daily beast, One America News et al

urwutuis urwutuis OP

In response to “US and British journalists, Red Crescent,The...

This is what I found on the Daily Beast: an article about One America News "journalists" being taken on a guided tour by Assad government escorts to meet with people in the area who said they loved Assad.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/r...hemical-attack

And this is what I found about the alleged Red Crescent statement:

http://www.politifact.com/pundi...ical-attack-d/

Do you have anything more substantial? And please cite specific links, if you can.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “This is what I found on the Daily Beast: an...

Where's the evidence of a gas attack? Shouldn't that be the question? Or is it OK to let the president bomb whoever he wants without discussion, review or knowing what happened?

Do you actually think the US govt and the corporations that own it give a damn about the Syrian people?
They're dripping with so much concern they can barely enjoy the rise in Raytheon stock .
Don't you realize they look at this as a business opportunity? War is the most profitable investment in existence. Wars are not fought over ideology. They're fought over money and the power that comes with it.

urwutuis urwutuis OP

In response to “Where's the evidence of a gas attack?...

Of course evidence should be the question, and the "latest reports" from the kinds of sources you cited can hardly be considered such.

For evidence, try this, and links cited therein:

https://www.channel4.com/news/f...k-the-evidence

And again, why are the Syrians denying access to outside experts? (Oh, yes... security concerns, they say, but somehow it was ok for the One America News "journalists" to visit the scene.)

The matter of the presence of deadly chemicals could be very simply settled with some autopsies and chemical analysis of the area, but for some reason, Assad hasn't permitted that. Hmmm...

And no, I don't think the US govt or corporations give a damn about the Syrian people, any more than Bill Clinton did about the Iraqi people when he fired off his missiles at Saddam in Dec, 1998. I suspect, however, that your outrage over a president bombing "whoever he wants without discussion" was much muted at that time, speaking of ideology...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FilqpaPMUs

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Of course evidence should be the question...

Just for the record I see very little difference between Clinton, Bush Obama and Trump. The differences are largely cosmetic.
When push comes to shove the corporatocracy is in control.
I have to admit channel 4 sounds credible but the evidence presented is less than concrete.

urwutuis urwutuis OP

In response to “Just for the record I see very little...

I'm inclined to agree about the corpotocracy, but it's not limited to the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8P80A8vy9I

Even Norway, which many liberals tout as a model of socialist excellence, hasn't signed the international whaling agreement. Wonder why...?

https://news.nationalgeographic...ing-fur-farms/

And do you suppose Norway would support the abolition of fossil fuels? Without North Sea oil, they would be about as poor as they were 100 years ago, when hundreds of thousands of Norwegians emigrated to the corporatist US.

Oh, and btw, outside experts were just allowed into the alleged chemical site yesterday, so we should have some answers soon. (and the Russians had the unmitigated cheek to complain that it took the outside experts too long to get there. (biggrin))

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-43850979

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “I'm inclined to agree about the corpotocracy...

Yes it's definitely world wide but it seems worst in the US. We are being screwed from all angles. We pay more for medication, twice as much for health care, more for Internet with slower speeds, no funded higher education, more for housing and I wouldn't doubt we pay more for food and clothing.
We have the largest wealth and income gaps in the world and the highest incarceration rate. For a supposedly free country we have more people in jail than anyone else on the planet.
The problem is we don't jail the people who really belong there starting with everyone at Goldman/Sachs

urwutuis urwutuis OP

In response to “Yes it's definitely world wide but it seems...

Most of the things you mention stem from the fact that our politicians from both parties can be bought.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

Check out what Robert Fisk had to say. He's about as credible as it gets.

https://www.commondreams.org/vi...r-strike-syria

urwutuis urwutuis OP

In response to “Check out what Robert Fisk had to say. He's...

Not everyone shares your enthusiasm for Fisk. He seems to like writing friendly articles about Hezbollah, for example.

http://www.thecommentator.com/a...of_robert_fisk

And his interview with the doctor who claimed the people he saw were suffering from hypoxia caused by a dust cloud is more than a little questionable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...=.944488db4f0a

https://www.snopes.com/news/201...ims-died-dust/

I will wait for the results of OPCW report.

Thinkerbell Thinkerbell

In response to “Not everyone shares your enthusiasm for...

I don't agree with Fisk on many issues but whether or not you like what he says he isn't given to prevarication often.
We can speculate forever so I too will wait .

urwutuis urwutuis OP

To take a stand against Iran, and conveniently poke Russia in the eye.

DW2 DW2