Are you a forest bather?

You Bet!

astral_queenPiper2TiffaneeBudwickWill_JanitorMashaSynysterGates

No, too many ticks.

Blewynanifail

Other

Rooster

Piper2TiffaneeBudwickBozetteAdaBlewynanifailRoosterSynysterGates
Are you a forest bather?

Explained by Will_Janitor...

It's the next step after tree hugging. I love the explanation: "Walking very slowly through the forest — while thinking about walking very slowly through the forest." Can't get much simpler than that. Ha!

I love the forest so I guess the answer is yes.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

Tiffanee Tiffanee

that sounds so peaceful and serene!! good for them! people are always whinging about how we don't slow down enough these days. they're doing it!

astral_queen astral_queen

Except for the "thinking about walking very slowly through the forrest". My mind wonders pretty quickly and walking slowly doesn't take much thought. :)

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor OP

Well, sort of. I totally get the concept and agree that the forest is a grand place to unwind, nurture my spirit, appreciate the spirit of the forest.

While I don't converse much with trees, I do study them, think about their past and future. I like to bring my dogs. They study with their noses and love it. Were going to a new spot this weekend!

Budwick Budwick

As the forest is pretty close to me? I generally take my morning walks through there. I don't walk that slowly through there but it's nice to reflect on it's beauty. Maybe I'll start walking longer and slower but I still don't talk to trees but I do with the animals I come across, except for skunks!

Rooster Rooster

No. Not in the least.
Those of us who are outdoors people/hunters pre-date this latest fad fresh from the left coast moon beams. I spend a fair amount of time in the woods.....always have. Whether I'm hunting or working on my wood lot. I have always taken the time to sit beneath a tree and just drink it all in. That they consider this some new transcendental second coming is no surprise.
They are merely playing catch-up to those of us who've been doing it for decades. I do love the spread of that tree though buddy.

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “No. Not in the least. Those of us who are...

It looks like an old oak tree, but the leaves aren't out yet.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor OP

In response to “It looks like an old oak tree, but the leaves...

I've come across trees like that while hunting and if you look around, many times you'll see a periphery of trees that these old leviathans are responsible for. Just amazing....and I can't help but look at them and wonder "how old?" and what kind of history took place that these mammoths were living in while they've been alive.

Freeranger Freeranger

It's neither new nor revolutionary. Nor does it require shelling out $15 for a book, $50 for a guided "trek", or $3,400 for a new-agey workshop. It's a normal occurance for those of us who routinely work and play outdoors. And for the record, I have been known to literally bathe in the forest.

Bozette Bozette

In response to “It's neither new nor revolutionary. Nor does...

yup.....got a small river on the back side of my property...I still do.

Freeranger Freeranger

But do you still get the tee shirt if you don't buy all that garbage? Ha!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor OP

In response to “But do you still get the tee shirt if you...

Welp...I suppose you could steal FR's while he's bathing in the river. (biggrin)

Bozette Bozette

In response to “Welp...I suppose you could steal FR's while...

Ha! I'd probably be too busy scanning the river for naked women.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor OP

What a peaceful thought....

JD JD

Not exactly, but I do walk slowly through a forest so I don't inadvertently step on any creatures who live there.

Piper2 Piper2