• Topics:DeathLife
  • Featured on the home page on Apr 24th 2018
  • Post Of The Day on Apr 22nd 2018

ZonkeyBallsTiffaneeSunny_the_skepticastral_queenJanHaskellminamullins22Creamcrackeredvividlyprosaic

TheTorrent

Piper2TiffaneeStarzAboveBozetteAdaZonkeyBalls
Is it normal for me to want to be buried after I die, whereas all my family members want to be cremated?

Explained by StephenB...

I want somewhere for my family and descendants to go and think of me when I am dead. When someone is cremated, their family and descendants can’t go anywhere to honor them.

It's neither normal nor abnormal, Stephen. It is simply your preference.

Bozette Bozette

They should have your ashes in the living room. I wish to be cremated to make sure I won't be freezing and rotting in the ground. Been freezing here long enough (swt)

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred

I can bury you alive, Stephen, if that's the way you want to go.

ZonkeyBalls ZonkeyBalls

I have always liked the idea of being thrown in the ocean.

Become fish food.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “I have always liked the idea of being thrown...

That's cool, now I think I prefer to become ash for some tree to grow out of my remains, that would be so damn cool.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “That's cool, now I think I prefer to become...

People can lay my body down by the beach so the seagulls can peck at my flesh for a few weeks...What does it matter, I would be dead anyway.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “People can lay my body down by the beach so...

Well yeah, but it's still your body, I mean that seems kinda extreme, like throwing your body in the ocean for bullsharks or something. Ashes in the ocean sound much better.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “Well yeah, but it's still your body, I mean...

People could throw me to the sharks. Once I am dead I am dead. What happens to me once I am gone is no concern to me.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

That's what my husband requested, so that's what we did for him.

JanHaskell JanHaskell

I'd like to be buried in the usual way, too, Stephen, for the same reason.

PartyOfOne PartyOfOne

No, it's not abnormal at all. Those are you last wishes and they should be followed. All of my family is buried and the only time I go to the cemetery is when another one of them dies. I prefer to remember them when they were alive and I also believe that land should be for the living, not for people who don't need it any longer. You can have your ashes placed in a crypt where your family can come and visit. Personally, I would prefer to be used as fertilizer for a tree. Take a look at urnabios.com. It's a biodegradable urn in which your ashes are placed along with a tree.

Linnster Linnster

Bozette Bozette

That's very normal and I agree with you. I don't want to be cremated either. Your family should follow your wishes.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Agree with what many have said. Your choice. Hard to believe that the cost of burial is about the same, depending on where you live. I used to want to be buried, but I've begun leaning toward cremation, then having a young oak tree planted over me.

Freeranger Freeranger

I prefer to be buried. I like to pay my respects to my Dad and grandparents when I visit the cemetery. I also like to reflect back on the past sometimes when I am there. It's a small country cemetery that has a lot of my family in it. I bought four plots there 20 years ago and the cost was $25 for all four plots. It's just preference. My Dad was cremated and buried there. It's all about personal preference. No choice is right or wrong.

JustJimColo JustJimColo

I don't see why not. Unless you live in an overpopulated country where they just don't have the space.

I personally would prefer to be cremated and turned into fertilizer and a tree to be planted in my resting place.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

Of course! Your feelings are just as valid as your family's. I will be cremated, but I bought a little urn grave at the cemetery for my daughter and myself.

JanHaskell JanHaskell

No answer is wrong. Go with what you want. Maybe prepay for your arrangements now so your family doesn't pick a cheaper option.

xather xather

I have donated my carcass to science so there will be nothing to bury. My family units have no such customs, so I see no point in paying for a nice lawn over my remains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj6YI-AMyL8

that_guy that_guy