Muslim sues S.P.L.C. for being listed as an "anti-Muslim extremist".  (Another installment in my "Ya just can't make this shit up!" series.)

Bozette

Nobody :)

JDWill_JanitorRoosterSynysterGates

Explained by Bozette...

Maajid Nawaz, a former Islamic extremist (now a secular Muslim) and Ayaan Hiri Ali, a former member of the Muslim Brotherhood (now a non-believer) who have since committed themselves to countering Islamic extremism and advocating against female genital mutilation were both listed in the "Field Guide to Anti-Muslim Extremists" by the S.P.L.C. As Ali correctly points out, you will search in vain for the S.P.L.C.'s "Field Guide to Muslim Extremists", but no such list exists. Mr. Nawaz is suing the S.P.L.C. over his inclusion on the two-year old list, which was removed sometime between the 13th and 18th of this month. Mr. Nawaz intends to press ahead with his suit. Given that the S.P.L.C. is a blatantly biased, often inaccurate, defamatory, and inflammatory organization that spreads hatred, even as they claim to combat it, I wish Mr. Nawaz well in his suit against them.

I had to read it twice cause I thought I must have read it wrong. You are right! You just can't make this stuff up!! Ha!

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

I hope he does well also. From what I read there, this S.P.L.C. is a total joke and a complete lie. Theses groups are helping to destroy this country bit by bit and seems to be working.

Rooster Rooster

I don't know who SPLC is, but love what you say...

JD JD

In response to “I don't know who SPLC is, but love what you say...

It's a left-wing organization that purports to list all the extremist and hate groups in the US. Over the years they have included Ron Paul supporters and a pro-life Christian organization, but refuse to list Antifa or Muslim extremists.

Bozette Bozette OP

In response to “It's a left-wing organization that purports...

That seems pointless...

JD JD

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

If any group is a hate group, it's the one that supports violent religious extremism.

Hopefully he's successful in suing them, and hopefully this case makes people realize what a witch hunt this really is.

Thedudeyouhatetomeet Thedudeyouhatetomeet

SPLC is itself an extremist group that people have been known to take seriously for some baffling reason. Over the years people with fairly moderate opinions have ended up on their hate lists.

TheAmazinZedd TheAmazinZedd