What is the absolute scariest horror movie you've ever seen?
  • Topics:TV / MoviesNatureFearFilm
  • Featured on the home page on Apr 24th 2018
  • Post Of The Day on May 2nd 2018

TiffaneeSkunkyDandyDonAdaJerryHendricksonWill_JanitorSukiesnowazlottoRoosterSynysterGates

Explained by astral_queen...

The scariest movie I've seen to date is called "It Follows". I was surprised at how often my heart was racing because I'm a real horror fan and usually nothing really scares me too badly (and the synopsis of the movie looks awful tbh... I thought it would be a throwaway film) because I watch so much of it. But that movie is like really unsettling and just fills you with dread the whole time... it's great!! And really well done. And the music was rad too. When I was a kid I saw The Exorcist and I was scared to DEATH for MONTHS and couldn't sleep but then I rewatched it last year and it was actually just really hilarious...it made me laugh so much!! So my "Scariest Movie Ever" shifted from something that is like outright supposed to be scaaaary and grotesque, to something that was way more subtle, which has... nothing to do with the question I'm posting but it's interesting to me so I thought...that... I would share it. :) Anyway, whats yours?

HellRaiser and the Cenobites. Great books also by Clive barker.

Rooster Rooster

Rooster Rooster

In response to “HellRaiser and the Cenobites. Great books...

omg... i love the hellraiser movies... those cenobites are gross and awesome. my fave is the one with the chattery teeth. he's the sickest!!

astral_queen astral_queen OP

In response to “omg... i love the hellraiser movies... those...

You should read this last book of Barker's about Pinheads world! The Hell Priest!

Rooster Rooster

In response to “You should read this last book of Barker's...

i havent read any of the books. around halloween i will borrow them from my library :) thank you for the recommendation! adding them to my goodreads "to read" list right meow :)

astral_queen astral_queen OP

Hellraiser was terrifying. I makes you imagine what Hell might be like if you had to go there.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

I have never been scared by any horror movie. I have put on edge but never truly scared.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

Horror movies never scare me, but "Rings" scared the crap out my girlfriend at that time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p17DJbPRLc0

azlotto azlotto

In response to “Horror movies never scare me, but...

Ah man, me too. That **** just won't die.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “Ah man, me too. That **** just won't...

Lol...At least she upgraded from VHS tape.

azlotto azlotto

Blood and guts, all that jazz doesn't do anything to me..

For some reason....ghosts or aliens will give me the creeps when I'm trying to sleep...lol

DandyDon DandyDon

In response to “Blood and guts, all that jazz doesn't do...

lmao!! i love your gif usage here!!!!

astral_queen astral_queen OP

In response to “lmao!! i love your gif usage here!!!!

Thanks.. lol

DandyDon DandyDon

Never watch YTs of an operation before you're having it...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow

In response to “//Never// watch YTs of an operation before...

Wow.... traumatizing or what!! yike. :)

astral_queen astral_queen OP

I'm not really much for horror films, I saw one when I was a kid, I wasn't supposed to. Since that I haven't been very interested in horror films. But I did watch something once that was somewhere between snuff and horror.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “I'm not really much for horror films, I saw...

what one was it when you were a kid? the exorcist put me off for YEARS. between snuff and horror... sounds gruesome

astral_queen astral_queen OP

In response to “what one was it when you were a kid? the...

I don't know its name but it was about some gas or something that revives corpses, and some guy used it to revive his dead girlfriend, but she went nuts and killed people and those people became such zombies. If I see it now I will probably laugh on how cheesy it was but it gave me the creeps as a kid.

Sunny_the_skeptic Sunny_the_skeptic

In response to “I don't know its name but it was about some...

yeah... i can definitely see how that might be too scary for a kid!

astral_queen astral_queen OP

I'd say, the Texas chainsaw dude

Skunky Skunky

In response to “I'd say, the Texas chainsaw dude

i still haven't seen those... im considering them for this year's halloween movie list (i make on every year). do you think theyre worth having??

astral_queen astral_queen OP

I've seen hundreds and hundreds. In colloquial terminology, people usually equate "horror" with "gore". However, some movies which very deeply upset me were kinda low on gore. A few off the top off my head: The Snare, Come Back To Me, Deadgirl, Creep, The Corpse of Anna Fritz.

Trish Trish

In response to “I've seen hundreds and hundreds. In...

i dont equate horror with gore, but i do know that horror does often include gore. im not big on those... they feel like a cop out! like theyre tryna get me with the guts instead of making me frightened you know? the gory ones def have their place in horror but they're not my fave.

astral_queen astral_queen OP

In response to “i dont equate horror with gore, but i do know...

(clap) Yes!! Perfectly said.

Trish Trish

In response to “(clap) Yes!! Perfectly said.

wow thanks (cool)
(hehe)

astral_queen astral_queen OP

Misery. It was very realistic and wasn't dealing with monsters and crap like that.

Will_Janitor Will_Janitor

In response to “Misery. It was very realistic and wasn't...

oh yeah!!! misery was so great. and i LOVE kathy bates. such a great actor.

astral_queen astral_queen OP

Huh. Hellraiser, or Poltergeist.

DW2 DW2

In response to “Huh. Hellraiser, or Poltergeist.

poltergeist! i watched it for the first time last year. my aunt told me it TERRIFIED her when it came out (she went to see it) and i can see why it would have back then, but last year i was like... lmao!! this is great!!!

astral_queen astral_queen OP

In response to “poltergeist! i watched it for the first time...

Agreed. I remember seeing a double feature of Hellraiser and Poltergeist at a drive through when I was maybe 9 or 10. Scared me bad. I do laugh now.

DW2 DW2

The Entity from 1982 simply because it was based on a true story.
I never did watch The Exorcist."

ozzyboy ozzyboy

Scary movies are interesting things. Really the only reason to watch them is in the hope of an adrenaline boost. Lol. I wonder just how many Americans in their 40’s still remember the Creepy Nursrey Rhyme from “A Nightmare on Elm Street”? 1...2...Freddie’s coming..” It’s funny how I can simply forget virtually every birthday as a young kid. Yet I don’t forget those movies. That brings up a whole new discussion though. As far as Semi Modern and Modern horror movies “Paranormal Activity” The first one, still gives me the Creeps. The Netflix original “The Ritual” was worth watching.

DW2 DW2

I don't like horror movies . I saw this one recently Not as frightening as funny chucky grew up to be president. ..

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred