While humour is always a good thing...funny posts invite jokey responses and serious posts require more thought.

Sukiesnow_Howler_RoosterBlewynanifailTiffaneeJustJimColoStarzAboveminamullins22DW2vividlyprosaicglad_handsCivy

Nobody :)

TiffaneeStarzAboveDandyDonAdaSukiesnowBlewynanifailRooster_Howler_glad_hands

Explained by Sukiesnow...

There is room for all kinds of posts...But if you feel Iike always making jokes or always being serious...this is probably not the right site for you...or you drop in from time to time. But why limit yourself to exploring only one facet of your personality...?

I am not sure about that. It can be a lot of work to be funny all the time and often humor falls flat. I like a mixture of posts. Too much of anything can become boring.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

I try to ask both kinds of questions when I can and try to answer any kind of question that I have knowledge about. I will admit that I do like a good laugh though.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “I try to ask both kinds of questions when I...

Who doesn't?

When you post serious or semi-seriously...which type of response do you generally expect?

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Who //doesn't?// When you post serious or...

Hopefully one with knowledge on the subject matter but I don't mind a laugh or two either.

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Hopefully one with knowledge on the subject...

I agree. Sometimes a funny personal story really illustrates the subject...you are good with personal stories...but I notice some peeps are never forthcoming.

If that sound a bit like a judgment...perhaps it is...but I do love it when people express themselves that way.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

People are on here for various reasons, whether it's to joke around or to be serious it's not for you to tell then this site isn't for them.

I told you before that some people have a serious job that really doesn't allow for much humor. Maybe, just maybe they come on here to laugh and enjoy whatever amount of time they can permit themselves.

We don't get paid to be on here, so I'll do what I want and I don't answer to anyone. BTW, i'm serious with people that are worthy of being serious with.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “People are on here for various reasons...

Hey I'd never want to stop you from doing what you want...It's only online after all...and everyone should be happy on here.

If someone makes a serious post they do so with the intent of being taken seriously...you look forward to what people have to say...and you notice there are almost 30 comments! Wow. Then, when you check...you find only 2 made an attempt to answer the question.

What was the point of me bothering to post?

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Hey I'd never want to stop you from doing...

You got that right it's only online ... It's not real life.

I get that, and I answer tons of posts with serious comments, people like Jim, Boz, Lin, Howler, Rooster (he kills me) Bub, NM and several others.

Also, sometimes posts go off rail with funny replies. That's the way it is and if the OP gets upset or mad ....ding, ding, ding hit the block button and it will all go away.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “You got that right it's only online ... It's...

This is where I get confused. You go from saying you want to joke around ALL the time...to saying that yes...you do have a serious edge.

All this post is trying to do is raise people's awareness...trying to keep some balance...

While I do have thoughts about it...I was never "upset"...but people's personality quirks are just more noticeable now with Amirite being so small.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “This is where I get confused. You go from...

I do like to joke around, but if someone has a serious question with serious intent ... then I'll answer it seriously.

You need to stop thinking about me. (hehe) Now that's joking around.

Now, if you post about Trudeau's success as a PM, then you can guarantee, I will respond with a detailed serious answer.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “I do like to joke around, but if someone has...

Don't you know...I have a mad crush on you. It's that love/hate thing that works so well in bed.

So...right now we could use political posts...it's just too bad that Americans aren't at all interested in Canadian politics.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Don't you know...I have a mad crush on you...

LOL ... You're a special one Sukie.

I agree, but several do know about our politics. Boz is well inclined and as well FR. Most people that border Canada.
Some know absolutely nothing and really don't care to know.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

In response to “LOL ... You're a special one Sukie. I...

It is really appreciated when someone pays attention to our politics... I wonder if Americans feel that way about us...it's possible they take it for granted...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “I am not sure about that. It can be a lot of...

You are funny a lot yet you seem to be serious, too.

And yes...too much of any type of post can get boring.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “You are funny a lot yet you seem to be...

Funny has to come naturally from me. I can't force it. I wish I could sometimes.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

In response to “Funny has to come naturally from me. I can't...

You might not be like that in RL but you have a gift for writing that way...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

My humor never falls flat, I am a very funny **** though.

AliceD AliceD

Looking through my recent comments, they seem to be a fairly even balance between jokey sarcastic answers and serious thoughts. This pony has more than one trick, but I won't judge those who prefer to stay in one area. As long as you're not posting vapid, divisive political drivel, I don't care what you contribute as long as you contribute at all.

Logan Logan

In response to “Looking through my recent comments, they seem...

Yes...the key is no stupid silly ?? posts?

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

I try to post a variety of questions. And I appreciate everyone who replies whether I agree with them or not. I always acknowledge their comments in some way. I also enjoy posting funny jokes as well. I love the birthday posts too. I can be serious when it is called for and I can be carefree and funny when the situation arises.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

In response to “I try to post a variety of questions. And I...

You do! It's nice that with Amirite being small with many people missing - it's given others an opportunity to express themselves - and get comfy. On SodaHead it took me almost until it closed to get relaxed.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “You do! It's nice that with Amirite being...

Thanks! I felt at home on Sodahead, I had a lot of really good friends who always had my back. But of course, there were enemies too.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

none of which you'll receive here

Freeranger Freeranger

I like fun posts, serious posts a bit less,although I enjoy them as long as people stay civil...

JD JD

In response to “I like fun posts, serious posts a bit...

Right on JD .... Take a break and comeback ...

SynysterGates SynysterGates

I second what SG wrote...

glad_hands glad_hands

Being serious is a lot easier than being funny... googling facts and figures doesn't take much thought.

glad_hands glad_hands

Sometimes it's just easier to skip some questions.

If I feel the poster has a stick in their butt about wanting to get specific types of answers.

DandyDon DandyDon

**** all that. If you want honest answers.. include humor.

DW2 DW2

Usually, I answer questions as seriously as I feel at the time, but, sometimes I don't. Never the less, if I answer something seriously I look back at it and think what a joke it was. My jokes can be serious, seriously funny, and, my seriously posted comments are taken as jokes. The less often I make a conscious effort to preordain whether my comments are serious or a joke, I find that they either end up a) being serious or b) being a joke. I am never entirely sure which is which, and, I suppose, neither is anyone else.

AliceD AliceD

Well, it might rain tomorrow too you know.

that_guy that_guy