There are people online who 'don't give a shit' about what goes down... <em>Why then are you here?</em>

Sukiesnowastral_queenTiffaneeRobertVonnik

SkylarPerkins

TiffaneeAdaSukiesnowRooster
There are people online who 'don't give a shit' about what goes down... Why then are you here?

Explained by Sukiesnow...

BTW 'not giving a shit' says a lot about you. Like wtf...have you given up? Are you here to enjoy yourself at others' expense? Meanwhile the rest of us have to drag around you and your **** attitude... It makes a mockery of what people around here are always saying...Be your best self...always be honest...whatever you do give it your all...etc.

Oh, I think most of us give a shit about some things but not others. I come here to enjoy myself and that's what I do.

Rooster Rooster

It's possible it is one of the reasons I don't trust Trump. I get the suspicion he's sometimes saying "I don't give a shit" inside. Who wants a leader like that.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

Rooster Rooster

In response to “Oh, I think most of us give a shit about some...

Funny pic. Looks like his attitude backfired...ha.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

What do you mean by “what goes down”?

I have the same feelings as Rooster. I give a shit about some things and not about others. But I am not one of those people who in general just “doesn’t care” and I find people like that are usually bluffing too; you’ll find something they care about.

Logan Logan

In response to “What do you mean by “what goes...

I wrote to Jim that perhaps the word might be wrong. There are probably few people who really feel a true "don't give a shit"...and it could be like French where we need several variances on the phrasing to define distinct meanings... You get me..? Blah blah...ha ha..

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

Who are YOU?? I don't remember seeing you when I signed up.

SkylarPerkins SkylarPerkins

There are a lot of things I don't give a shit about, like who has the best football team on the East coast or a restaurant that doesn't want to serve bacon. I don't give a shit about what illegals demand, in my country. I don't give a shit about rapists and murders who think the laws shouldn't apply to them.
Meanwhile, there are a lot of things I do give a shit about. I give a shit about the Broncos having a good team. I give a shit for a restaurant having the right to choose on whether on not they want to serve bacon. I give a shit about the victims of rape, and the families of murder victims getting justice.

When it comes to politics, maybe it's your perspective, because of a difference in political ideology Sukie. Is there anything you like about Trump, or won't disagree with him on?

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “There are a lot of things I don't give a shit...

Sad story...there is a hockey team in a small town near here...Humbolt...the Humbolt Broncos. This month...one Friday night off to a Game...a tractor-trailer swiped their bus: 16 dead.

Seriously? I don't know what "give a shit" means...how do you measure caring? It's not possible to care about everything in the world...so is perhaps "not giving a shit" the wrong wording?

I'd go out with him...have a coffee. And have fun finding out.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Sad story...there is a hockey team in a small...

I read about the bus. That was so sad.

It's not really so much that people don't care, but they/we have burned so many times by being compassionate and taken advantage of, that they/we are to the point that we really don't care anymore. It's time we start caring about our own people first. When the US has had hard times or disasters, who has helped us out?

JustJimColo JustJimColo

In response to “I read about the bus. That was so sad. It's...

Later...I looked at the roads/intersection...lonely country road...how the hell? It was never meant to be...it's a really rotten quirk of karma.

I don't know if we should really even ever care. Maybe only closely. Possibly become like Buddha and radiate love...to everyone and thing that comes your way. That would take care of it. Good idea, actually. Pun not done purposely.,

After 911 all countries tried to help...remember that cute story where this plane had to land in Gander, Nfld.... It's an honour and privilege to be able to help other countries...generally most people don't want to be in a helpless situation.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

To be fair...my dislike of Trump goes back to when he was with Ivana... I read all about him and dislike the way he conducted his affairs...why should I stop now...? He hasn't stopped.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

I don't give a shit about things that I can't change (they're out of my control) and other people don't care to change about themselves. I won't be "drug around" by it. lol

It's a futile endeavor and a waste of valuable brain space. The bad assumptions, bad behaviors or otherwise false things people indulge hurt them more than me, why would I give a shit? They don't?

Other things appear out of one's control but are within it, I care about those things. Like who claims to speak for me, whether or not people spew baseless **** in my presence. We can counter those things, but we can't change them.

Generally, I'll invest about as much care or respect in someone as they'll invest in themselves. If someone doesn't have enough self-respect to behave as a competent, fully matured adult, I'm certainly not going to treat them like one. No one benefits from that... I won't lose sleep over it either, they'll confront enough problems in their life with that posture, I don't have to waste my time worrying it about. But that's just me...

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “I don't give a shit about things that I can't...

Don't you think that "loyalty" is a misguided virtue? It frustrates me when people tell me they are loyal to something that doesn't give a damn back...they need a dose of not giving a shit.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Don't you think that "loyalty" is a...

Loyalty is only demanded by people who know they can't maintain healthy relationships given their toxic behavior.

Instead, they expect you to coddle their every bad decision 'just cuz.' True loyalty to a friend is telling them what they'd rather not hear but needs aired. jmo

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “Loyalty is only demanded by people who know...

Yep! What about loyalty to ones country...

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “Yep! What about loyalty to ones country...

All the same dynamics are afoot there, too. It's an inherently deceptive concept.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “All the same dynamics are afoot there, too...

You are right...but try and tell that to people who would die for their country.

Still...loyalty (and honour?) is what brings men to war...if men didn't go to war...how would we fare?

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “You are right...but try and tell that to...

What brings men to war is desperation... Don't get it twisted.

If men didn't go to war people would have to solve their own **** problems, that's what. And that's a pitch perfect assessment from the finest soldier I ever knew.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “What brings men to war is //desperation//...

I forgot about love. It is also love for one's country which causes people to sign up for the Army. That...probably some loyalty... And well it's a job (desperation).

Yes...war is too easy - a bad long-term solution.

Now...generalizing...we all can cut our own country up...but when someone from another country starts in on ours...the reaction becomes mostly defensive. Now...is that out of love or loyalty?

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “I forgot about love. It is also //love// for...

That's idealism mistaken for love...

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

I have just been very afraid since Soda Head

KIDDING!! https://tenor.com/view/wtfdance...mg-gif-5056011

Freeranger Freeranger

In response to “I have just been very afraid since Soda...

Special!

You were a bit like that once but you're terrific now. I don't mean the pic...ha.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

Pshaaawww! I think sodahead has been very afraid since us.

It's noteworthy the site shut down not even a month after DeBryce admitted to me and 3 others that the site was defrauding their advertisers.

When it alls washes out, wouldn't surprise me in the least to find that the nonsense at Digg.com, Sodahead and other long defunct social sites was part of an elaborate con to harvest socks on fb like those used in the last election.

Just spitballin...

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

In response to “Pshaaawww! I think sodahead has been very...

I see a perfect grain of truth.

Sukiesnow Sukiesnow OP

In response to “I see a perfect grain of truth.

Might be the only thing they were completely honest about... lmao

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

as in life.....all things are possible. It remains to be seen which are probable I guess

Freeranger Freeranger

I hear that a lot on this site, I just laugh at it. lol

StarzAbove StarzAbove

'Why am I here'? I've been asking myself that for as long as I remember.

PhilboydStudge PhilboydStudge