Baking soda will always be part of my life.

SukiesnowTiffaneeZolfiePhilboydStudgeCarlaazlottoMashaTrishTomboyJanet

Nobody :)

TiffaneeStarzAboveAdaZolfieSukiesnowBlewynanifailazlottoCarlaRooster

Explained by Sukiesnow...

Is your body constitution more acid than alkaline? Aha. So many people's are...esp after a life of chocolate, coffee & booze... In order to alkaline your body...put 1/4 teas. Baking Soda in a 1/4 or so cup of good water...and drink every AM...that is when your body has the most acidity. Couldn't hurt.

I'll look into that, thanks for the advice.

Zolfie Zolfie

Zolfie Zolfie

as opposed to like........bad water?

Freeranger Freeranger

Baking soda is good for a lot of things, for instance....itching.

StarzAbove StarzAbove

Bee stings.

Carla Carla

7.35
A pH of 7 is neutral. The lower the pH, the more acidic the blood. A variety of factors affect blood pH including what is ingested, vomiting, diarrhea, lung function, endocrine function, kidney function, and urinary tract infection. The normal blood pH is tightly regulated between 7.35 and 7.45.
Definition of Blood pH - MedicineNet
https://www.medicinenet.com/scr...ticlekey=10001

1.5 to 3.5
The normal volume of the stomach fluid is 20 to 100 mL and the pH is acidic (1.5 to 3.5). These numbers are converted to actual acid production in units of milliequivalents per hour (mEq/hr) in some cases.Dec 1, 2016
Stomach acid test: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/003883.htm

Swallowing straight soda generates water, sodium acetate, and CO2 bubbles. The bubbles cause you to belch, forcing acidic foam into the esophagus, burning the tissues there. That is not nice. It is a lousy way to treat heartburn and even worse to treat pH imbalance.

that_guy that_guy

I’d expect tea to be acidic because it contains tannic acid.

Because Indian diets are full of spices, I’ve dealt with my share of peptic ulcer. One pantoprazole was enough for me. Of course, there’re antacids for prompt release in the market and baking soda is an out of the fridge antacid. I don’t use a lot of those because the relief might be rapid but it doesn’t last very long. I think the things we need to be careful about are:

*To be careful about the dose(1/4-1/2tsp)in warm water.
*Not to give it to children.
*Not to use take it within some 2-3 hours of other oral medications.

Also, your symptoms could be because of something else, esp. if they don’t resolve. It’d be wise to visit a physician for unremitting or severe symptoms; actually any symptoms. Wait this post is not about actual reflux right? (wary). I’m actually really sleepy right now.

ZaraZooper ZaraZooper

I like baking soda for cookies and biscuits. There is another product called "baker's ammonia". That is misleading. It should be called "cookie ammonia" because anything thicker than a cookie retains the ammonia odor. I can not imagine why this is a thing.

that_guy that_guy

I just use it for cleaning.

Rembio Rembio