JustJimColoRoosterTiffaneeSynysterGatesChuck_TomHimDandyDonJerryHendricksonBudwickastral_queenWalt_OReagunTrishCreamcrackeredVicZincvividlyprosaichootowlCleburneMashaomegaopinionsCivyOscarkibetVrendowl

Nobody :)

DW2TiffaneeDandyDonBozetteForkNdaRoadozzyboyPartyOfOneCarlaRoosterSynysterGatesHimCleburneChuck_Tom
Who else is disgusted at the “news”? We don’t get news anymore. The news, has been replaced by 99% political commentary. There is so much going on out there in the world that we don’t hear anything about. We may get a 10 second blurb now and then, and then, nothing.

Explained by JustJimColo...

Shots fired during dispute between two parents at Highland High School in Albuquerque, NM. Two stabbed at 8th and Market Street SEPTA station in Center City area of Philadelphia, PA. Man with machete and gun arrested after attacking employee at front desk of Iranian Interests Section in Washington, DC. Suspect involved in fatal officer-involved shooting inside home on Jones Street in Madison, ME. Officer Rogelio Santander dies due to injuries after officer-involved shooting Wednesday in Dallas, TX. Authorities sweep for bombs at Interests Section of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Washington, DC after suspect with gun arrested. I get about 50 notifications like these a day but never see it covered on the news. Some are about US casualties in Afghanistan. Why aren’t we hearing these stories? I’m getting sick of hearing about a **** star, this corrupt politician or that corrupt politician (on both sides). We all already know that none of them will spend a minute in jail.

All I've been hearing about is that they finally caught the"Golden State Killer" after all these years. Other than that? I ain't heard shit for any real news. It's getting to where I just skim the Net news and forget about the TV. Nothing but crap.

Rooster Rooster

Rooster Rooster

The local news here is 5 minutes of actual news, 5 minutes of 'feel good' stories and the rest is filled up with sports, weather and traffic reports.

I don't need to hear the weather forecast 5 or more times in 30 minutes.

Tiffanee Tiffanee

I don't Jim, the news here in Canada is good. Not really flooded with politics other than the stupid things Trudeau does.

SynysterGates SynysterGates

as I said elsewhere, I stopped watching the news about a year ago, and I feel I'm much better for it. Now, I'll hit on-line news wires if I want to keep in touch globally.

Freeranger Freeranger

I think for the most part, "local" news is what's broadcast on most over-the-air channels. In NYC, we did hear about the shooting and death of Officer Santander, we hear some news of unrest in Philadelphia, we did hear about forest fires in Oklahoma and when they happened in California. We heard about mudslides in California. The death of soldiers in Afghanistan were reported here, hear about killings in the Waffle House, road rage incidents that caused harm, etc. So, I'm not sure what news you aren't getting in Colorado.

Linnster Linnster

I find myself - more and more - watching movies and YouTube car videos.

Chuck_Tom

we don't have a media
we have Pravda

a song from John, one of his best works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8aQsUzfC3E

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

In response to “we don't have a media we have Pravda a song...

Pravda being Russian for truth)))

Masha Masha

In response to “Pravda being Russian for truth)))

PRAVDA at it's best

Former Obama Spokesman: Trump and Israelis ‘Cooking Up Intel’ to Undermine Iran Nuclear Deal

ever wonder how the next democract president will be treated?

if there is ever another one?

with love or utter distain

reason I asked the question
look at America right now

one side works for Unity
the other wants diversity

there will be only one

Neanderthal_Momdoer Neanderthal_Momdoer

I've been disgusted with the so called news for nearly 30 years.

Him Him

I gave up on watching news shown on tv years ago.
They'll do anything to get ratings and call it news..

Some people actually believe one is better than the other....all crap.

DandyDon DandyDon

I've done the same poll, more or less. I'm with you 100%. I don't give a shit about their opinions; I want the facts so that I can come up with my own.

JerryHendrickson JerryHendrickson

It used to be that the gaps between the news bites were filled in by the newspapers, which went more in depth, but you had to (gasp!) wait a day. Then 24/7 cable and now technology have given us "instant" access to "news"...but the payoff in the rush to be the first to report (or tweet or push notify) has been (often gross) inaccuracies. Since most people (literally, Microsoft did a study) lack the attention span of goldfish, they seldom get the corrected versions, as the "breaking" newsbites are seared into their distracted little minds. (Bless their hearts.)

Now many people rely on Facebook, Twitter, and Google (which notably has abandoned their former motto of "Don't be evil.") for their "news". All of which are already censoring any real news and/or opinions deemed unworthy by their biased (and yes, evil) propagandists and are now proposing to use "trusted" guides to further disseminate what is deemed worthy of public consumption. I imagine they will engage such paragons of "trust" as the biased MSM that is currently lying to us as well as organizations deemed "worthy" in their esteem, such as the S.P.L.C., which has been known to label Muslims fighting Islamic extremism as "extremists", even as actual Islamic extremists are not.

Welcome to 2018 1984 folks...brush up on your Newspeak, and remember...
Ignorance is Strength.

Bozette Bozette

It seems all but one of us so far is fed up with 'the news'. It's no scientific study, but my guess is that the negative sentiment toward the news is wide spread.

National media has pretty openly committed themselves to one goal - destroy the presidency and faith in government - at all cost. Even their own demise doesn't seem to deter them from their mission. [Almost sounds like a recurring theme of Islamic terrorists!]

As a result, none of really trust what we're told anymore. Right down to the weather! How many big regional events have been ruined by faulty weather reporting? I noticed that the weather people have taken on naming simple weather events like common snow storms. And the local people must think their audience is made up of pre schoolers! Offering up sage advice like brush your teeth at least twice a day and wear a jacket when it is cold outside.

I am not advocating blowing up every news outlet in the country and starting over. I mean, where would we get all those explosives? And, I'm sure we could get the same effect if a selected few were to ... go away. FreeRanger - you are our resident author - perhaps that plot might make a good story!

Budwick Budwick

And you are just getting this? News has been replaced by "infotainment", since the 1980's (as far as I could tell).

Walt_OReagun Walt_OReagun

I am, although I suspect there would be a lot fewer 24 hour news networks were they only to report the facts. And that would be just fine by me.

That said, as bad as our news is, it exists in a variety of forms and that's a luxury compared to places like China. There's so little news in some other countries they don't even realize they're missing it. So... there's that.

In that respect, it's kinda nice that we have a press that can sit and speculate without being disappeared for conjecture.

ForkNdaRoad ForkNdaRoad

The real problem is what doesn't get covered like the unwarranted Israeli attack on protesters and snipers intentionally shooting journalists.

urwutuis urwutuis

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kip2w-DceV0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0hxMaAAmaX0

It's all fake, turn it off it will free your mind and produce critical thinking.

Creamcrackered Creamcrackered

In my area, the local TV stations actually report local news stories, along with announcements of local events taking place which people might be interested in attending. I also found that if I deliberately refrain from watching the major national news stations, my overall daily mood vastly improves!

goblue1968 goblue1968

This wolf don’t lose sleep o’er the ramblings of sheep!

Masha Masha